Shadowrun General > Fan fiction

RIP, Shapcano :(

(1/4) > >>

winterhawk:
I just found out some sad news today. Some of you oldtimers might remember Bill Shapland, aka "Shapcano," longtime proprietor of the "Shapcano's Shadowrun Stories" website (shapcano.com), where he posted many of his wonderful stories and gave a lot of newbie SR writers not only a place to post their own but a lot of encouragment and kind words.

I hadn't talked to him for quite a while, but I had the privilege of writing with him and trading stories back and forth, and I definitely enjoyed reading the tales of his shadowrunner team. I was very sad today when a fellow SR writer, DeckerM, told me that she'd heard he'd died in April.

Anyway, for those who remember him, let's raise a glass to one of the pioneers of Shadowrun fanfiction.  And to those who don't, check out his website. He's got some good stuff there to remember him by.

RIP, Bill.

Wolfboy:
amen hawk, shap you will be missed.

Bull:
Well shit.  *sigh*

We're gettin' old, hoss.  We lost another one. :(

Chance359:
Shapcano's stories were some of the first SR fan fiction I read.  Emailed him a time or two about the detail he went into in his writing of martial arts.  I was thinking about using one of his characters as a contact in a SR5 game in Manhattan, now I'm sure of it. 

Palladion:

--- Quote from: winterhawk on ---I hadn't talked to him for quite a while, but I had the privilege of writing with him and trading stories back and forth, and I definitely enjoyed reading the tales of his shadowrunner team. I was very sad today when a fellow SR writer, DeckerM, told me that she'd heard he'd died in April.

--- End quote ---

Any info on what happened, how he passed?  Shapcano's writing is what turned our local group onto playing Shadowrun in the first place.  His site is down, I would love to get a copy of all his archived stories and post them somewhere for future generations.

(Edit: I managed to find most of his Owen Glendower and the Lost Boys stories except the last two.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version