NEWS

Little advice for sneaky assassin type adepts please.

• 3 Replies

Raiden

• Omae
« on: <06-18-13/1117:09> »
hey, just a simple question, chameleon coating or camo suit. and should I get wall running with gliding and traceless walk or put those .75 in other places?
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-18-13/1437:59> »
Chameleon coating is more versatile. Camo can work against you (make you more noticeable) if you're wearing it in the wrong environment.

Wall Running and Gliding are both incredibly expensive and the math doesn't really back them up. Gliding lets you run (Magic) meters across an unstable surface, but that's usually a distance that a moderately athletic character can jump, especially with a running start. Similarly, unless you specialize in athletics/running, odds are good you won't be able to Wall Run more than a couple meters, which isn't much of an advantage. Both powers are cinematic and cool but are far too niche and much too expensive to be worth their listed cost. Lobby your GM for a price reduction. Personally, I would charge 0.25 PP for them.

Traceless Walk is also expensive, but it will come up in play a lot more often too. I took it for my adept because I wasn't trying to optimize, but there are other approaches that are equally effective, like Improved Ability - Infiltration, or The Invisible Way + Unseen Hands (from The Way of the Adept).

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <06-18-13/1756:39> »
I agree that Traceless Walk is the only one of those I'd consider. Pick up Gecko Tape Gloves for moving around on walls, and jump the gap for crossing water (or better yet, find a way around that doesn't involve giving the DM nasty ideas of what will happen if you crit glitch).

Chameleon coating is better overall, as mentioned, because it works in all situations and environments, including while you're on the move. Be sure to camo coat any weapons larger than a pistol, or they ruin the bonus, but combined with integrally silenced or melee weapons, it can make for a very good ninja assassin.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <06-18-13/1757:42> »
Pick up Gecko Tape Gloves...
And some stock in the company that makes Gecko Tape, because, damn, that stuff is so bloody useful!  It makes Duct Tape look like Scotch Tape!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11