NEWS

New preview is up.

• 229 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #15 on: <05-16-13/1817:15> »
Oh, also?  It's only on every other page. :)  Not every page.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #16 on: <05-16-13/1817:55> »
Well fifty-fifty IS a fair compromise.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Valnar

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <05-16-13/1824:21> »
I agree that I don't like the particular picture they chose, but meh. I'm sure I won't even see it any more after having read the book for the first time.

Found a spelling mistake on page 55.
"BThe Loyalty rating ranges fro, 1 to 6, while the Connection rat-
ing ranges from 1 to 12."
Pretty sure the "B" at the BEginning shouldn't BE there *rimshot* Also, there probably should be a an "m" at the end of "from" ;)
« Last Edit: <05-16-13/1826:19> by Valnar »

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #18 on: <05-16-13/1826:20> »
Maybe this is sort of a Rorschach test, and he just failed.

Is there a psychoanalyst in the house? Anyone?

We need to deconstruct Wildcard's deep, pathological hatred of androgynous mercenaries...

...on second thought, let's not.

Ever.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #19 on: <05-16-13/1836:27> »
Yeah I might get my feelings hurt... Ohh wait, I'm not androgynous!

.. And since when did I have feelings? Anyone?
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #20 on: <05-16-13/1837:29> »
I'm pretty sure those got caught on the last round of proofing, Valnar. Not positive, mind you, but pretty sure.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #21 on: <05-16-13/1847:05> »
Yes, it is.

Probably not the best idea then to put one that's bound to turn off a portion of potential buyers then, yeah?

Or, you know, draw people in, because it's a very fun looking piece.  You have this crazy looking blue-haired elf firing a machinegun and laughing his ass off while doing so.  That's the very definition of Shadowrun.

A lot of folks actually like that piece quite a bit besides myself, so...  <shrug>  I'm a little baffled by your hatred of it, to be honest.

And, just so everyone who hasn't had the chance to see what we're talking about here, it's not even the full color image that WC posted.  It's this as a header image at the top of each page:

Calm down, WC.  You have your panties in a twist over nothing.  I mean, really?

Bull

It literally disgusts me. It's like looking at Michael Jackson or Emile Hirsch's face. There's just something *WRONG* there that needs to be eliminated from existance with extreme prejudice.

And *that*, of all pictures, was chosen to be on every other page in the entire book.

Horrible, horrible judgement.
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #22 on: <05-16-13/1849:26> »
And anyone who's had the book for more than a week will barely even notice.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #23 on: <05-16-13/1850:45> »
It literally disgusts me. It's like looking at Michael Jackson or Emile Hirsch's face. There's just something *WRONG* there that needs to be eliminated from existance with extreme prejudice.

And *that*, of all pictures, was chosen to be on every other page in the entire book.

There's just really no room in you to accept that maybe you feeling that strongly has more to do with you than it does with that picture, do you? 

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #24 on: <05-16-13/1851:34> »
How do you know it's the whole book? They might be doing a different image on a per-chapter basis.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #25 on: <05-16-13/1852:43> »
I have to admit by the way, the cutout is creepy. I'm expecting a dissonant techno AI with that face, or a titan rising from the waves of the ocean.

Valnar

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <05-16-13/1854:41> »
Well, while I don't share Wildcard's hatred for it, they really could have chosen an image that says more about the game than half of an apparently unaugmented face of somebody. Really doesn't say much about the game or the setting xD

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #27 on: <05-16-13/1856:14> »
I think we finally know what Plan 9 looks like.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #28 on: <05-16-13/1858:08> »

There's just really no room in you to accept that maybe you feeling that strongly has more to do with you than it does with that picture, do you?

It's poorly done. Echo has always sucked at drawing men. Not sure why that one was let slip. I'm going to make a unsubstantiated guess she gave a home team discount.
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #29 on: <05-16-13/1859:47> »
*shrugs* Seemed like a normal elf to me.