NEWS

Arsenal issues.

• 42 Replies

DamienHollow

« Reply #30 on: <05-11-13/1548:32> »
Forgot the quote  :-[

Yes but if it's too stretchy then It won't stop the bullet, just catch it and let the deformation give you terminal internal damage.
There are verified historical records in both Europe and China of people wearing silk, which would not stop arrows but would catch the arrowheads and allow the arrows to be removed without complex surgery as likely as not to cause more damage than it stopped given surgical and germ-knowledge of the time.

And since the thread seems to have been answered and is drifting anyway...
Quad crossbows. Smartlink and red laser sights don't apply their bonuses to dual-wielding by RAW, silly though I think that is. If you're going to do it, go big or go home.

You cannot compare an arrow to a bullet.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #31 on: <05-11-13/1553:24> »

a modern cross bow can deliver somewhere in the range of 200 foot lbs of force... a modern .30-06 deals around 6x that much.

You cannot compare an arrow to a bullet.

???  :o  :(  :P

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

DamienHollow

« Reply #32 on: <05-11-13/1605:40> »
Can you please use words so i can figure out if your confused, half those faces just make you come across as constipated. Mithlas was saying the silk shirts proved effective at reducing the damage done by arrows. I'm pointing out that an arrow is nothing compared to a bullet. it is 2070 after all.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #33 on: <05-11-13/1611:02> »

You compared an arrow to a bullet.

Then you stated that you cannot compare an arrow to a bullet.

I find irony amusing.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #34 on: <05-11-13/1834:13> »
Could you just include a layer of the spidersilk over a normal armor, giving it the same impact armor and perfect ballistic defense?  The armor would stop the silk from stretching much, and the silk would keep the bullet from penetrating... right?
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

DamienHollow

« Reply #35 on: <05-11-13/2058:23> »
Could you just include a layer of the spidersilk over a normal armor, giving it the same impact armor and perfect ballistic defense?  The armor would stop the silk from stretching much, and the silk would keep the bullet from penetrating... right?

Like i said, composites are the trend. Little kevlar, little silk, little carbon fiber, some ballistic nylon...

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <05-11-13/2216:53> »
And that flexible Titanium plating. Mmmm, titanium plating. *drools*

DamienHollow

« Reply #37 on: <05-11-13/2242:07> »
Hey hey hey, keep it off the vest! it's worth more than your life.

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <05-11-13/2259:56> »
I can drool all I want, thank ya very much. If it bothers you then I'll gladly use the Sterilize spell on it for you.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #39 on: <05-12-13/0759:32> »

No worries.

Titanium is very corrosion resistant. (Including acid, so you're good if he's an alien, too.)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #40 on: <05-12-13/1752:26> »
Does it resist mustard and ketchup?
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #41 on: <05-12-13/2012:55> »

If you want the additional rustproofing, I can throw in an extended warranty, for a small fee.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #42 on: <05-15-13/0332:20> »
Id Est, Platinium electroplating, and while you're at it, add in a solid rhodium ring, no make that chain mail.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!