NEWS

Dragons and food

• 70 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <05-11-13/1531:19> »
How about this, you go ask Hestaby her weight, and I'll stand on the other side of the planet.  ;D

Maybe better go to space.  Dragons can go there due to the mana void.  :)

You can find it.  I've read somewhere (I can't recall exactly which book) that S-K has two carriers that can take Loffy in his dragon form.  They should know.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

I_V_Saur

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <05-12-13/0056:29> »
Isn't one of those in Rigger 4?

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #17 on: <05-12-13/0659:14> »
How about this, you go ask Hestaby her weight, and I'll stand on the other side of the planet.  ;D

You can find it.  I've read somewhere (I can't recall exactly which book) that S-K has two carriers that can take Loffy in his dragon form.  They should know.
Dragons could absolutely go to space.  The mana void of -12 would just reduce their magic, they'd still have a ton left.
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #18 on: <05-12-13/0827:43> »

Dragons could absolutely go to space.  The mana void of -12 would just reduce their magic, they'd still have a ton left.
Astral forms (including dual-natured creatures) take damage in a mana void depending on the depth of the background count. In a -12 void, dual-natured creatures like dragons have to resist 12P each Combat Turn. Of course, great dragons all have hardened Mystic Armor 20, so Lofwyr can take a trip to Z-O, for example, and not be affected in the slightest. Any dual-natured creature without at least hardened Mystic Armor 12 will likely be killed in a void in minutes, hours if they're really lucky, or have high Body.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #19 on: <05-12-13/1017:15> »
Oh, interesting.  What book/page is that discussed?  I thought it just went off the normal background count rules of magic reduction.
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <05-12-13/1141:13> »

Astral forms (including dual-natured creatures) take damage in a mana void depending on the depth of the background count. In a -12 void, dual-natured creatures like dragons have to resist 12P each Combat Turn. Of course, great dragons all have hardened Mystic Armor 20, so Lofwyr can take a trip to Z-O, for example, and not be affected in the slightest. Any dual-natured creature without at least hardened Mystic Armor 12 will likely be killed in a void in minutes, hours if they're really lucky, or have high Body.
Isn't their Mystic Armor affected by their Magic Rating?  Doesn't their rating actually drop in a void?

So, wouldn't the void drain their MA?
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <05-12-13/1419:48> »
Look in Street Magic, feeney, under the section on mana anomalies.

And no, Gun Nut, it is the Critter power Mystic Armor, not the adept power or spell. As such, it is unaffected by voids.

My Characters

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #22 on: <05-12-13/1958:26> »
Badass, thanks.  I never noticed that it said astrally perceiving(and dual-natured being specifically)...  I thought it was just atral projection.  I had a duh moment.  So yeah, dragons could totally survive in space's mana void.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <05-12-13/2030:33> »
Great dragons could. Regular dragons only have hardened mystic armor 8. Which means they'd still be having to resist up to 12P per combat turn.

My Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <05-12-13/2116:42> »
Badass, thanks.  I never noticed that it said astrally perceiving(and dual-natured being specifically)...  I thought it was just atral projection.  I had a duh moment.  So yeah, dragons could totally survive in space's mana void.

And Hestaby would still be a pretty terrifyingly powerful caster.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Jareth Valar

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <05-12-13/2134:14> »
And wouldn't technically "weigh" anything.  :P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #26 on: <05-12-13/2141:54> »
She would have Mass, however.

Strange, I didn't picture her as being Catholic.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Jareth Valar

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <05-12-13/2147:02> »
True, but I bet she would just LOVE the worship.  ;D

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <05-12-13/2238:23> »
Heh. I can just see Hestaby moving to one of the space stations out there, and setting up a spell to allow her to survive in hard vacuum.

My Characters

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #29 on: <05-12-13/2311:11> »
That would be an interesting way to get around her expulsion. Imagine her aboard the Zurich Orbital, bad times for Loffy.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada