NEWS

Did i just see a TAN DEM riding a thundercloud motorcycle ??????

• 11 Replies

Hellion

• Omae
« on: <04-17-13/0858:42> »
Hi guys... A few weeks ago i had one of my players come up with what I thought was a brilliant idea, I'm letting it fly in my game, but I wanted to see what the rest of you think.... My player is a rigger, drives Nordkapp Zugmaschine with a trailer attached.... Not too out of the ordinary I hear you say, ok it's not, but when he deploys what he calls the boys it gets interesting.....

He has managed to hack/steal/twist Mr Johnson's arm/walk off with 4 TAN DEM drones (modified pilot, fuzzy logic & firewall upgrades), which are riding on 4 modified thundercloud contrail bikes (modified with small landing drone racks [the main reason for me actually allowing this, I treat them as a sort of communications/charging port], more armor, and a few other bits and pieces).

In a recent run they managed to hold of a large number of humanis goons that the team had embarrassed and were subsequently trying to escape from...

I liked the thought that my player put into it and the fact that he went to the trouble of adding the landing racks which if they had not been added I probably would have said no....

What does everyone else think ????
Its not the victors who write the history books, its the suvivors

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <04-17-13/1738:44> »
Hmm. A drone on remote control piloting another vehicle. That's a novel approach. Rather than a landing drone rack, I'd say the drone would probably need an appropriate maneuver autosoft for the bike to use as its piloting skill, but otherwise, yeah, I like it. A drone that is jumped in can be used to pilot a vehicle, no problem, since the drone is you. But I haven't seen someone using a remote drone to pilot a vehicle.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-18-13/0403:07> »
Trust me those TAN DEM's are nasty, they come with clear sight, targeting software and a weapon mount... My players got his ones tricked out SMG's with EX EX ammo... I would hate to see what they could do with a LMG and apds rounds...

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-18-13/0423:36> »
Meh. The TAN-DEMs are OK. The Nadeshiko, however, is a thing of beauty. Since you can wear and use normal gear with it, if you upgrade the Mimic system to level 3, put on some concealed armor, and maybe some other mods, and then give them, say, a chameleon suit and a chameleon-coated battle rifle with APDS and a katana, you have the perfect infiltrator. Especially since they can apparently take cyberware mods as well. I'll just let you imagine what fun you can have when you are making a sammy who doesn't need to worry about Essence. Hmm. Excuse me, I need to write up an AI Street Samurai real quick.

My Characters

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-18-13/0607:50> »
Meh. The TAN-DEMs are OK. The Nadeshiko, however, is a thing of beauty. Since you can wear and use normal gear with it, if you upgrade the Mimic system to level 3, put on some concealed armor, and maybe some other mods, and then give them, say, a chameleon suit and a chameleon-coated battle rifle with APDS and a katana, you have the perfect infiltrator. Especially since they can apparently take cyberware mods as well. I'll just let you imagine what fun you can have when you are making a sammy who doesn't need to worry about Essence. Hmm. Excuse me, I need to write up an AI Street Samurai real quick.

And just where would one find these Nadeshiko ?????

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-18-13/0837:39> »
Rigger 4. Sure, it is a joke supplement, but it works just fine by the rules.

My Characters

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-18-13/0908:08> »
Thanks will look for it tomorrow

Shaidar

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <04-19-13/0304:23> »
Free download at any online RPG site.  They even built a Battle Mech.

DamienHollow

« Reply #8 on: <04-26-13/2343:32> »

Nice freaking luck trying to get your hands on it though. The special control rig alone is 25F and 2,750,000 NY.

Retrokinesis

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <04-27-13/0115:27> »

Nice freaking luck trying to get your hands on it though. The special control rig alone is 25F and 2,750,000 NY.
And it takes basically all of your essence capacity to implant. And the mech itself is 50,000,000Y. Still, the Nadeshiko is the best anthroform drone in the game despite being an April Fool's sexbot.
NPC speech
PC speech
Thoughts
Description
<<Matrix>>

DamienHollow

« Reply #10 on: <04-27-13/0149:03> »
And it takes basically all of your essence capacity to implant. And the mech itself is 50,000,000Y. Still, the Nadeshiko is the best anthroform drone in the game despite being an April Fool's sexbot.

The Nadeshiko, like WAR and it's chameleon netting, is one of those things that honestly should have been put in serious texts long before it was made as a joke. It fills a gap that really was begging to be filled.

DamienHollow

« Reply #11 on: <04-27-13/1637:59> »
I was just flipping through 10 Gangs and found on page 4 a Plan 9 conspiracy that the Blindfish were just this.