NEWS

Talos drone!

• 3 Replies

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« on: <04-09-13/1609:58> »
Hmmn anyone got a benchmark price for the Talos drone from Shadowrun Missions-Firestorm please? Granted in the Mish it was a field tested prototype but the team rigger needs new toys and the anthrodrone from Rigger 4 isn`t in Chummer yet.... ;D
An Awful lot of people believe a lot of very strange things indeed for no valid reason I can see. They can`t all be right but it is quite likely they all can be very wrong.

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-09-13/1752:38> »
Based on its quality, it should be worth more than probably around 300kny, as it's not quite as rad as the Otomo, but very close.

Based on it being a prototype I really don't know.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #2 on: <04-12-13/1237:58> »
It's an alternate model of the Akiyama, actually.

[Spoiler]You can't really buy it, but it is theoretically possible to 'obtain' it during that mission*. Just be aware you may have to fail at least part ofthe mission to do so.[/SPOILER]

I am fairly certain Bull isn't going to be allowing Rigger 4 in Missions, given it's the April Fools joke. But I could be wrong.

-k

* - [spoiler]Funny story. My team did manage to bag the drone, but since the GM at that time merely described it as a dog sized drone that scrambled about on all fours, we thought it was just a particularly stealthy Doberman variant or the like. As I was the only rigger, it was given to my character. I scribbled "obtained Talos drone" on the log sheet and... promptly forgot about it. It was Gen Con, I was kinda distracted.

Cue more than two years real time later. I was auditing my paperwork, noticed my scribbled note, and was perplexed as the 'talos' drone didn't seem to be in any book. I started asking around and was a little in shock to find out it was an Akiyama varient.

I had just saved up for and spent over a quarter million on a custom Otomo variant drone, as anthroforms are that character's schtick. I had been making do with a gimpy modified Manservant up until then.

So, yeah, I kinda feel like an idiot.  :) [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-12-13/1329:00> by KarmaInferno »

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« Reply #3 on: <04-13-13/0646:36> »
Ahhh thnks!
An Awful lot of people believe a lot of very strange things indeed for no valid reason I can see. They can`t all be right but it is quite likely they all can be very wrong.