NEWS

Stormfront

• 139 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #30 on: <03-19-13/2031:16> »
I kind of feel sorry for Hestaby. Well, someone falls, someone rises...
Recently seen on ShadowSEA:
> LFG.
> Orange Queen
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #31 on: <03-19-13/2037:28> »
I kind of feel sorry for Hestaby. Well, someone falls, someone rises...
Recently seen on ShadowSEA:
> LFG.
> Orange Queen
Heh. That'd be an interesting team to run with.

And yeah, Hestaby really got the short end of the stick in this whole thing. But since she's still alive and well (though stripped of most of her hoard), she may very well prove to be a larger presence in the shadows in 5E than the dragons have been in the current edition. And by that I mean actually being in the shadows, not just playing on the edges of things, like they always do. Haven't had a dragon really mixing things up themselves since Perianwyr quit the assassin business to run his club.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #32 on: <03-20-13/0115:21> »
Peri was a horror when he was doing assassin jobs.  Imagine what a Shadowteam with a GREAT DRAGON on it can do!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!

Re:

« Reply #33 on: <03-20-13/0404:37> »
Some interresting ideas imo.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <03-20-13/0740:04> »
Peri was a horror when he was doing assassin jobs.  Imagine what a Shadowteam with a GREAT DRAGON on it can do!
I am, and I know Iceblade would love to be a part of such things. :)

My Characters

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <03-20-13/1021:54> »
You know..I am trying to remember: what was Sirrurg called in Earthdawn? Of all the Greats, he has always been the kinda most confusing to me...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!

Re:

« Reply #36 on: <03-20-13/1034:40> »
Destroyer? :)

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <03-20-13/1119:48> »
"OH SHIT RUN!!!"

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <03-20-13/1435:35> »
In Earthdawn, Sirrurg was known as Usun, and he ruled over the Liaj Jungle much how Alamais was treating GeMiTo. He hunted where and when he pleased, and anything that chose to live in the jungle accepted that they could be his prey. Also, he helped Mountainshadow (Dunkelzhan), Icewing (Ghostwalker) and Vasdenjas create a ritual that cut off the Theran Empire's main city in Barsaive when the various kingdoms were gearing up for war. Yes, a magic ritual, on a power site, with four great dragons. You may all realize how very fortunate you were not to live in that city.

My Characters

carmachu

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <03-21-13/1545:35> »
When is the street date for the print book?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #40 on: <03-21-13/1549:44> »
March 27, 2013. That would be next Wednesday.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <03-25-13/0437:13> »
I just finished reading The Triumph of Atzlan and Fall of a Dragon chapters and I enjoyed them  :D
The adult dragons are really powerful and the great dragons even far more powerful.
This brings me to one request for the next edition: please make the dragons statistics better match their power as described in all the fluff books.
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #42 on: <03-26-13/1910:40> »
Got a copy of the book at PAX East this week-end and read it like on a trance on the flight back to France :)
Great book IMHO, and a great way to end the SR4 era. I like how it closes most of the current metaplots while giving a taste of what SR5 is going to be about.
I think I was only slightly disappointed by the way the duel between Ghostwalker and Harlequin ended. Not because it was badly written or anything of the sort, but mostly because I was all "oh my ghost, what's going to happen next?!" and it kinda ended with a big "To be continued". Oh well :) Still hoping for that "Harlequin's Revenge" campaign in SR5 :p (or maybe it shall rather be "Harlequin's Redemption" ?)
Very intrigued by what's going on with FastJack and the other victims of the whole "digital body snatchers" thing. Should provide a cool and very creepy storyline in SR5 (and a healthy dose of paranoia to the Sixth World :))
All in all, it was not as apocalyptic/crazy/holy sh*t than System Failure was, but I don't mind, because while I enjoyed it the end of SR3 was a bit over-the-top.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <03-26-13/2301:25> »
My big picture plan for Ghostwalker, Harlequin, et al. goes many years out.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <03-27-13/0157:53> »
Something was kinda bugging me about the pic on page 51.
At first, I thought it was the usual "The Troll is a human with horns and tusks" problem. Looking at it, though, I realize it
is that it is the 80's cartoon "Women are just skinny men with boobs" problem. combined with the "trolls are just humans
with horns and tusks" problem. I mean, she is so skinny, and her hips are skinny guy narrow, not the wider hips that is part
of female morphology. Combine this with her having more of a just muscled build.. Frankly, I am kinda disappointed by this
Fomori (has to be a Fomori because: no dermal deposits) :(