NEWS

[IC] TriSeq Runners, Private Military Company Adventure

• 340 Replies

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #15 on: <02-22-13/1728:17> »
Visei clasped his hands behind his back, "You will be flying in and conducting your search by a pair of heavily modified TR-73so tilt rotor aircraft. We are flying them in tonight, one is a drone carrier that will be loaded with the Hussar you have trained with, the other is modified as a light attack and reconnoissance vehicle. Both are modified for extreme range and stealth capabilities. Once you locate one of the downed aircraft you will search it for its black box and any cargo or survivors, and attempt to find the source of the disturbances. How you conduct your investigation upon locating the hauler and from there destroy the source of the attacks is up to your discretion."
Visei picked up a stack of smart paper from a nearby desk, or some sort of pearlescent white polygon that resembles a desk, and doles out the papers containing the mission files.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Ernie55

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <02-22-13/1742:00> »
Ellena listened intently to Kushkina's presentation and then turned her eye to the displayed map for the area of operations. That's a fair ways north. Much colder up there, no wonder there's been no word from the poor flight crew. I wonder who would shoot at a plan carrying a Merc company's colours. Whilst she was mentally storing the picture she heard the first 2 of her comrades jumping in asking about how quickly they'd be getting into combat. No thought at all for the unlucky bastards who most likely died in the crash or froze to death waiting for help, just eagerness to pull triggers. Suppose I should have expected that from the 'borg...

Sir, I have a few questions for you. Do you have a recording or transcription of the distress call from the downed bird? How many crew were on board? What was their cargo?

Ellena was pleased that they were getting the aircraft. They cut down on the amount of tabbing back and forth across the icefields the team would have to do.

Also Sir, is this the whole team? Can we rely on any other assets?
« Last Edit: <02-22-13/1745:01> by Ernie55 »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm, Text

Magnetbox

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <02-22-13/1822:36> »
Hammer had followed the others remaining mainly to himself. He was still smoking his cigarette from outside, wondering who would be the first to tell him to put it out. He took long draws on it, his wrinkled face showing the years of sun and wind out in the cold. He looked each of them over with his cold, blue eyes as he tried to measure them up. A few he recognized and this both reassured him, and worried him.

The mission sounded dangerous, however Hammer also knew that the real action wouldn't come until they knew more about the wrecks and what took them down. A number of possible scenarios quickly ran through his mind as he tried to guess what took down the two planes. Regardless of what it was, if it could take down two, it could take down two more. They would have to fly in low and quiet, stealth would be important until they knew what they were dealing with.

He took long, slow puffs from his cigarette as others asked the questions. Slowly biding his time until he could get boots on the ground to do some real work.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <02-22-13/1928:52> »
Fisher's first reaction was "Thank God nobody I bet on is here." He would keep track of any other missions with the other betting members, hoping there were plenty more going on.

Listening to the briefing, he thought it seemed like a straight-forward rescue mission. But of course nothing was so simple in the paid military. "What's our official cover" asked Richard after the others had asked their questions.

Before Visei could answer his first question, he asked a second one as an afterthought. "And who's the CO in this unit?"
« Last Edit: <02-22-13/1949:38> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <02-22-13/1935:29> »
When Omeed arrived in Building C, he spent some time sizing up the mechanical man. The 'wared up monstrosity was exactly the sort of thing his professors had warned him about, the slippery slope that increased augmentation could lead to. The young mage did his best not to stare, but something about the man made him shudder.

He eagerly turned his attention to Vissei Kushkina, listening to the briefing with his usual level of rapt attention. The knowledge that the planes were carrying magical equipment certainly piqued his interest, and he was beginning to understand why he was selected for this assignment, despite being obviously green. He immediately wanted more information on the cargo, but Ellena beat him to the punch with her barrage of questions. For the time being, he merely stood and waited for Kushkina's answers, brow knitted in thought as he studied the AR map hanging in the air before him.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <02-22-13/2114:31> »
Viktor mulls over the situation and maps in his head for a few moments before finally speaking, "What the attacks only on the client's transports suggests to me is that whomever is responsible has a mole of some sort in a position with the client."
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <02-23-13/0714:06> »

Red's a strategic guy, he won't fail to stick to a plan and won't unnecessarily blow cover.
Ellena's questions qould probably answered by the e-paper they jsut got, unneccessary question if I'ld be to determine.
Either we need to know and we get the infos unasked or we don't.
Also her second question was either arrogance or low self-esteem.

[spoiler]Judge intentions (7d6.hits(5)=6) to decide wich one is more likely.
strangely enough the character desription mentions she is neither ^^ maybe Ernie will enlighten me for my miracle 6 hits?[/spoiler]
Fisher's questions are more then implying he's not the alpha type.
Viktor's question is also not on the job but on a meta matter, either it's his job, or he's not focused on his job.

Butcher wrote his impressions down, but kept it to himself.
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Nathen

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <02-23-13/1642:40> »
The route looks easy enough, weather will impact how we are gonna approach this

Nico sat back memorizing the map and plotting the best approach for the craft,

how far can i trust these people? he thought taking a glance around but quickly focusing back on the map, no matter what he wasn't gonna rely on anyone else if he could help it, they wouldn't think twice about pushing him outta the plane if he wasn't the one flying it.

Ernie55

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <02-24-13/0533:19> »
Ellena began scanning through the briefing documents looking for answers to her questions.

"I hope the flight crew have managed to tough it out. Exposure is a real shitty way to go and maybe they have some good intel on who attacked them? Viktor makes a very good point, someone somewhere has info on our planes flightpaths, Kuskina, is there any suggestion theres been other leaks?".

She noticed the Butcher silently making notes and eyeing her up rather intently, "Care to share Metalman?"

[Spoiler]

Butcher remembers Ellena likes to know all the little details, and thinks his recollection of her character is right, theres no arrogance or lack of confidence in Doctors words. Its always a good idea to know as much about what you might find in-theatre as possible, especially friendlies.

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <02-24-13/0553:38> by Ernie55 »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm, Text

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #24 on: <02-24-13/0545:23> »
Vissei took a deep breath and paused before speaking, "Supposedly there were 4 crew aboard each of the aircraft,  though our client is rather apprehensive about the specific details of each plane and its cargo, I can assure you that whatever was aboard each 'bird' as you say was some form of magical.... thing. These 'reagents' are supposedly mundane objects gathered by hand, and are of importance to magical sciences. The emergency broadcast was an emergency report manually tripped registered and broadcast back to the field it was launched from. Our client is rather possessive of the details unfortunately, they were rather adamant that their cargo be returned but ceded that the elimination of the source of their downed freighters is of prime importance. Whether they are conducting a mole hunt currently or even suspect internal strife is not known to us, though they claim they have been operating this flight path without trouble for some months now.

As for your cover, you may have misunderstood the idea of this mission, there is no official rescue opperation or investigation. You are to evade the attention of the Yakut peoples at all costs, this is a very isolated area you are going into so that should not be a problem with any degree of effort. However, Yakut is policed by shapeshifting spies, and any animal you may come across could be reporting your actions. Assume that you are being observed at all times, you are infiltrating a foreign country and your actions are of the highest level of secrecy. Any claims of TriSeq's involvement in this affair will be denied, if you are lost out there, there will be no one to recover you." Vissei narrowed his eyes and looked over the group as he said this, his words were unusually cold but his point vary apparent, and quite real.

"Your mission commander will be  Stárshiy Lieutenant Sidi Kovskina,  he will provide mission oversight and coordination. Stárshiy Lieutenant Kovskina will merely be providing oversight and the command of the mission should be resolved amongst yourselves, Kovskina will take direct command should he deem it necessary."
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <02-24-13/0554:41> »
"Don't jump the gun there, Ellena" starts Richard. While having a glance at the documents, he says "I don't think the planes were ours. It says here it was the client's planes."

Richard then turns back to Vissei and asks "So basically if we do happen to stumble upon one of those spies, we say we're here for the scenery?"
« Last Edit: <02-24-13/0944:43> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Magnetbox

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <02-24-13/0932:46> »
Antal snickers a bit, cigarette smoke coming through his nostrils. Apparently there was something funny to him, but he doesn't share what. He sits forward in his chair and takes the cigarette from his mouth.

"A hunting party might be a bit more believable. But either way we are going to stick out like a sore thumb." He didn't offer a solution, only a problem. Either way he sounded confident in the task as he took another long draw from his smoke.

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <02-24-13/1222:25> »
Going over his notes again, he reconsidered Ellenas character and modified his notes accordingly.
Ellena, right? And probably anyone else, should also hear this.
I'm trying to decide which ones of you I'ld put into which role, there are obvious choices like scouting and sniper, as well as pilot.
But that's only part of the deal, as Vissei Kushkina pointed out, we need to establish a chain of command amongst ourselves, because we will be operating as a team.
And as a Team we will be operating on our own.
We have no single mastermind, we can put in charge, we are private military, we have a trust base of 6 month training, but the true character is the one, that comes to the surface when
being at extreme stress, for example combat.
No one of us has seen the others in combat, so it'll be hard to anticipate their behaviour.

Nevertheless running around each of us with his own mindset, how to handle things will not achieve the results we can accomplish as a team.

So, who's gonna decide if we're going in front door guns blazing or that we'll summon a spirit to dig us through the ground?

I'm taking notes about each one of you, about your behaviour, propable reactions, which questions you are typical to ask first, so I can ask the right person when a specific problem arises.

So including me, who is up for leadership and who will rather stay in his own field if expertise?

Butcher looked through the material they got and downloaded everything, that didn't have TriSeq written all over it, he'ld need to edit the video log to delete everything that might be a lead to TriSeq, like names faces and logos.
« Last Edit: <02-24-13/1229:17> by Thrass »
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <02-24-13/1353:57> »
Omeed scratched his bearded chin and spoke up. "I'll gladly remove myself from consideration for any sort of command position, Butcher. I'm strictly magical support." He chuckled, a little ruefully, adding, "And besides, it sounds like I'll be busy assensing any stray sparrow or ermine we come across out there on the off-chance they're a spy."

Having said his piece, Banai devoted his attention to the hand-out, flipping through it for any information on the crew themselves and the cargo they were carrying. Were they combat-trained? Carrying weapons? Should they expect friendly fire from confused, scared survivors suffering from hypothermia? He also couldn't help but wonder if the fact that the cargo load was magical in nature meant that the source of the attack was magical, too. But then again, reagents like these would be of value even to mundanes, provided they could find the right buyer...

Omeed spared a glance over at Richard Fisher. He knew from their training together that he was a fellow mage, and it comforted him somewhat to know he'd have some further astral support... and the team wouldn't be left hanging if he was personally injured or compromised in some way.
« Last Edit: <02-24-13/1403:52> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #29 on: <02-24-13/1547:34> »
So including me, who is up for leadership and who will rather stay in his own field if expertise?

Red could not stand he bickering and the trading that started to take place in the briefing room. He had to speak up, he could not hold it back any longer.
"Are we in the Kindergarden or in a PMC? we have the whole flight to decide who is the alpha male with the biggest Pen - Pardon Ladies - and Now back to the briefing!"
« Last Edit: <02-24-13/1603:37> by Kouryuu »
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar