NEWS

[Recruiting] TriSeq runners, Private Military Company Adventures[Full]

• 153 Replies

Ernie55

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <02-18-13/1345:17> »
Hey Areyeonos,

Glad to be on board :D How do you want us to post up our characters? Do you have a rough time frame for when you want us to get cracking?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm, Text

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #16 on: <02-18-13/1352:35> »
Right, so let's talk about character concepts, keep in mind that you should use all 750 karma on your skills. Understand that you'll be doing physical training (PT) and keeping your skills sharp at gun ranges and the like when you're not working so I don't want to see any characters with less than average strength and body (3s), 4s and 5s obviously if you're the foot soldiering type. Another thing is even if you're a rear echelon soldier you'll need to know how to use pistols and up to carbine sized weapon for defense.

Like I said, your gear will be provided based on your character, foot soldiers can expect to receive Muscle Toner and Augmentation, MPC Bridge, and Reflex Recorder for Firearms, probably a platelet factory and adrenal regulator. But again, I'll look over each of your character ideas and we can work out exactly what you're getting, everyone gets an MPC Bridge at the very least.

Go ahead and start drawing up your characters, if they're going to be extensively cybered... make a requisition list and put it in separate spoiler tags.

Hey Areyeonos,

Glad to be on board :D How do you want us to post up our characters? Do you have a rough time frame for when you want us to get cracking?
I Expect I'll be going over your character ideas and sheets over the next couple of days, but get started as soon as you can.
« Last Edit: <02-18-13/1355:29> by Aryeonos »
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <02-18-13/1359:06> »
Areyeonos,

I'm real new, and would like to play, but haven't read Hazard Pay. I'll try and track down a copy and figure it out. Anybody know where I can get a PDF?

I've decided to go with an orc sniper adept to provide overwatch and close combat support. Couple of questions...

1. How are you handling contacts and gear? Is this something we should spend karma on, or will this be provided as part of the mercenary outfit? EDIT: Okay, looks like gear will be provided, but still wondering if contacts will be at all relevant.
2. You mentioned a few house rules in your first post, particularly the bit about magic/resonance not counting toward CC caps. Is there a way to turn this on in Chummer?
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <02-18-13/1403:59> »
You can get a PDF of Hazard Pay (or any other book) at DriveThruRPG.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #19 on: <02-18-13/1409:24> »
Ill wait for your response on the character, and Ill adjust things according to it.

Ernie55

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <02-18-13/1410:51> »
I'd echo the question on contacts and also ask how are we doing knowledge skills?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm, Text

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #21 on: <02-18-13/1418:58> »
Oh wow, I've been paying full price for my .pdfs.... Okay so yeah, you will need Hazard Pay, and we'll being using firearms and vehicles from all over so if you don't have books like Gun h(e)aven 1 and 2, Milspec Tech 1 and 2, or Unfriendly Skies that will be a problem.

You can check the rules under Tools>Options>Optional Rules/House Rules, check Karma Build: Free Knowledge Skills like BP Build, the three involving allow characters to exceed 35 BP and the sub option, Treat metatype attribute minimum as 1 for the purpose of determining karma costs, and Special Attributes do not count towards 50% Karma limit during character creation.

Go ahead and check Free contact points = CHA x ... I dunno 3. If you want to link them to your PMC the company name is D&S TriSeq Global, though you won't be able to get the connection bonuses if you do in that way, you'll get contacts in your company after chargen though.

Other bit, and I'll post this back on the front page for easy reminder. These are the optional rules, checkable in chummer, we'll be using, I'll write out the houserules as well.

Limit Skills to 20 dice or 2 x (Natural Attribute + Skill Rating), Whichever is higher
Allow Skills to be re-Grouped if all ratings are the same
High Strength affects weapon Recoil (Though you'll take fatigue damage for firing unbraced for weapons that need it and potentially suffer knockdown)
Use Maximum Armor Modifications
Use Armor Suit Capacity
Allow Armor Degradation (Every time your armour is pierced it'll lose a point of armour.)
Use Calculated Vehicle Sensor Ratings

House Rules (Chummer Options)
Free Contact Points: CHA X 3
Karma Build: Free Knowledge Skills like BP Build
Allow Characters to Exceed 35 BP worth of Positive Qualities (For Metagenetic qualities, keep your normal positive qualities under 35 BP/70 Karma)
Allow Characters to Exceed 35 BP worth of Negative qualities
   Characters only recieve up to 35 BP from Negative Qualities
Allow Weapon accessories and Mods to change their part of base weapon status
Treat Metatype Attribute Minimum as 1 for the purpose of determining Karma Costs
Allow Obsolescent to be Removed/upgraded in the same way as obsolete
Special Attributes do not count towards 50% Karma limit during character creation

House rules (This won't affect you during character gen)
Ammo is bought in volumes of 50 at a time, or at a markup of generally -80% using Chummer
High Power Chambering can fire any ammunition (Not assault cannon rounds, unless it's an assault cannon [which I will not allow to take high power chambering] ), that ammunition will be 50% more expensive than normal (-70% in chummer)
Extended magazines can be bought for weapons that have take the increased magazine modification, they're availability is equal to the weapon's +2, they increase the magazine capacity by 100%, but only 1 of them can fit in an ammo pouch, as well the weapon cannot be holstered with the clip in it.
« Last Edit: <02-18-13/1440:51> by Aryeonos »

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <02-18-13/1431:25> »
Yeah... those PDFs are pretty pricey. Is it really necessary to own all those books for the game? I honestly couldn't afford to drop ~100 bucks on four new books, and keep in mind I'm still re-familiarizing myself with the core rulebook.

I can pick up Hazard Pay at least, but if those other books are required and not just suggested, I may have to step down. Just don't have the time/money for that right now.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <02-18-13/1434:39> »
Yeah... those PDFs are pretty pricey. Is it really necessary to own all those books for the game? I honestly couldn't afford to drop ~100 bucks on four new books, and keep in mind I'm still re-familiarizing myself with the core rulebook.

I can pick up Hazard Pay at least, but if those other books are required and not just suggested, I may have to step down. Just don't have the time/money for that right now.

Oh, I'm sure some of us could help you out for a while on that end.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <02-18-13/1438:17> »

Oh, I'm sure some of us could help you out for a while on that end.
I'd really appreciate that. Going to try and track down and read through Hazard Pay at the very least.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #25 on: <02-18-13/1448:08> »
As long as  you at least have WAR and the core rule books you should be fine, if a vehicle shows up that you don't have stats for it may just be that you won't need them, you'll see their abilities showcased and you can act on it, (Just like real life!). I'm not going to fault you for not buying a bunch of pdfs or books just to play my game, but we should be able to work it out just fine, as long as it doesn't turn into a hindering problem.

Bewilderbeast, if you're going to play a mage you might want to ask the other players in our group to help you with that, I have to read up on the magic rules a bit as well. I'm fine with it, but magic isn't my experienced area, I'll make sure everyone gets a challenge though, but most likely it'll be the riggers and soldiers who will see the most action.

A word on the assassin monwhip guy, I really hope you've read hazard pay, as that character might not survive so well, unless he's skilled with firearms as well. Understand that there isn't a whole lot of cover out in the Tundra, though he may fair better in the Taiga which will most likely visit as well.

The Ork Doc (Sichr's I think) character I'm fine with, but everyone should understand your enemies will be throwing upwards of 10 dice at you, so make sure your characters know how to take cover and suppress.

I'm going to keep the dice pool caps in place for now, unless I feel that it's negatively impacting gameplay when we start playing, it'll stay in place.
« Last Edit: <02-18-13/1459:13> by Aryeonos »

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <02-18-13/1502:37> »
Allow Characters to Exceed 35 BP worth of Positive Qualities (For Metagenetic qualities, keep your normal positive qualities under 35 BP/70 Karma)

You don't need to check that option chummer automatically allows you to buy metagenetic qualities ontop of your 70Karma when you get SURGE.

I wanted to play an ork with BODY/STRENGTH/AGILITY at minimum and then go cyber- torso/2arms/2legs.

== Attributes ==
BOD: 4 (8)
AGI: 1 (7)
REA: 5 (6)
STR: 3 (9)
CHA: 2
INT: 5
LOG: 2
WIL: 5
EDG: 5
MAG: 1

== Cyberware/Bioware ==
Obvious Full Arm (BOD 9, AGI 9, STR 11) (Left)
   +Customized Strength Rating 7
   +Customized Body Rating 5
   +Customized Agility Rating 6
   +Enhanced Strength Rating 4
   +Enhanced Body Rating 4
   +Enhanced Agility Rating 3
   +Cyberarm Gyromount
Obvious Full Arm (BOD 9, AGI 9, STR 11) (Right)
   +Enhanced Body Rating 4
   +Arm Blade
Obvious Full Leg (BOD 9, AGI 9, STR 11) (Left)
   +Enhanced Body Rating 4
   +Armor Rating 1
   +Hydraulic Jacks Rating 6
Obvious Full Leg (BOD 9, AGI 9, STR 11) (Right)
   +Enhanced Body Rating 4
   +Armor Rating 1
   +Hydraulic Jacks Rating 6
Obvious Torso (BOD 8, AGI 9, STR 11)
   +Enhanced Body Rating 3
Synaptic Booster Rating 1
(note the torso is availabilty 20)

With second hand alphaware and Biocompatibility or the burnouts way this leaves 1,02 Essence to go for Magic
(synaptic booster is standard grade and can't be second hand as it is cultured)

Now I need to know how to deal with this by your custom Character creation rules.
Do I just get you the list and build the character without the ware?
Do I just not get this gear and rebuild my Character without it?

Also I'ld like to know what to set in chummer / how to handle limb averaging.
How many limbs does a metahuman have?
5: (2 arms, 2 legs, torso)
5: (2 arms, 2 legs, skull)
6: (2 arms, 2 legs, torso, skull)
depending on your decision, I might want to revise 1-2 points of body on the limbs (to get that average to 8 for heavy weapons or 9 for the extra damage monitor box)

Also when we get this stuff ingame and thus the option for Adapsin would be open, can we put that on the list?

Also can I start with latent awakening + an adept way (burnout) ?

And shall we post Characters here for all to see or provide them by pm?

I still need through hazard pay so all of the character can still change.
(read through it when it came out but I hardly ever needed those rules so I need to refresh my memory)
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <02-18-13/1506:33> »
Ill need to reread HP since Ive just scanned it for info. Would you be that kind to send some kind of cfg file for chummer, quite a lot of house rules and optionals just for chargen ;)
As for Orc Doc: Ill transfer it to chummer with options, and skip most of gear, life costs etc. Also it seems that single set of personal armour would be enought for this conditions :)
Just in case Ill go further into it...
What about trained critters?
« Last Edit: <02-18-13/1510:08> by Sichr »

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #28 on: <02-18-13/1513:05> »
If you want to tell me where the .cfg file is (too busy to find it atm) I could put it in a 7z and send it or zip or whatever PM tolerates.

Sichr I'm fine with the character as is, but if you want to revise and reapply that's fine, go ahead and keep the karma you've already earned with that character and the ware, she won't be indebted to TriSeq for most of her ware.

Thrass, If you wanna go full cyborg that's fine, make your character using full 750 Karma (not BP), don't buy any gear or ware, and we'll apply the ware after you finish character creation. We could say you're one of the corps full body betaware cyborg pet projects, don't expect to be leaving TriSeq anytime in the next 10-20 years though ;) . So yes, just make your character as if s/he was a "Normal" unaugmented person.

Everyone will get the survival gear they need, I just expect everyone to have the skills to utilize them. Another thing, average engagement ranges could be in the 300 meter range, but you could encounter hard contact at even farther ranges than that. So I expect some of you, if not all, to have gunnery as a skill.
« Last Edit: <02-18-13/1515:46> by Aryeonos »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <02-18-13/1526:24> »
what about those trained animals?