NEWS

Shadowrun: Hunt The Black Lodge?????

• 13 Replies

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« on: <02-02-13/1924:36> »
Okay, what's up with this? Did this one slip past me? Or is this a German product?

Shadowrun: Hunt The Black Lodge
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #1 on: <02-02-13/1928:23> »
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-02-13/2120:45> »
Interesting...also curious about Malevolent Ends 1...???

yojimbo

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-02-13/2221:04> »
According to Amazon UK, Hunt the Black Lodge is Malevolent Ends 1. It also list another Malevolent Ends title: The Cassandra Variable.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #4 on: <02-02-13/2320:26> »
Interesting. Perhaps these are going to be some of the first adventures released for SR5?
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-03-13/1205:58> »
Ballots of Bullets sounds like an extension of Dirty Tricks...like that idea.  Perhaps Malevolent Ends ties in with Storm Front...interesting play on words if the arc closes up some threads.  Unfortunately, way too early to tell when these are actually scheduled for release.

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #6 on: <02-04-13/1309:33> »
Looks like early 5th products.

Good find.
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #7 on: <04-24-14/1337:19> »
Thread  necro:

Found this wandering Internet today.  Also mentioned it as being announced in late 2012.

Requires Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition; this book is the first in the Malevolent Ends series of adventures, which entwines players in the clandestine plotting and conspiracies of the secretive groups filling the Sixth World’s shadows.

This seemed to be mentioned in connection with a file, link long dead.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <04-26-14/2059:52> »
DAMN IT PRIME MOVER!  I SAW A NEW SR PRODUCT AND I THOUGHT YOU FOUND SOMETHING NEW!
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Parker

• Omae
  • Remember, can't spell damage without mage!
« Reply #9 on: <05-24-14/1401:15> »
These were 20th Ann. books?!?  I certainly didn't know about them at the time, and I always looking for new SR books!
I'm not Mad...insane a bit...but not mmmaaaddd!
(insane giggle as lightning flashes and thunder rolls.)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <05-24-14/2051:11> »
They haven't come out. My guess is that they were delayed due to the change to 5th. As for the '20th ann' mention, probably just copy/pasted stuff from a form announcement. The whole deal with hunting down the Black Lodge didn't come up until Storm Front, when they royally pissed off the dragons by launching a ritual attack on Lofwyr while he was fighting his brother.

My Characters

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #11 on: <05-24-14/2126:01> »
They haven't come out. My guess is that they were delayed due to the change to 5th. As for the '20th ann' mention, probably just copy/pasted stuff from a form announcement. The whole deal with hunting down the Black Lodge didn't come up until Storm Front, when they royally pissed off the dragons by launching a ritual attack on Lofwyr while he was fighting his brother.

Is that who did that?  Wow that was dumb of them.  I think it'd be a cool metaplot to see the Lodge again.  We haven't really had anything on them since ... what was it, 2nd edition?  That's a lifetime ago for some of the younguns these days.  :)
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #12 on: <05-24-14/2154:48> »
It would be nice to know something new about them. I'm curious on if the Black Lodge is the same Lodge from Dragonfall.

I'm also betting it would be fun to run against them  :D
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <05-25-14/0759:36> »
Probably is, SlowDeck. The things you did for the Lodge were pretty much some of their standard MO. And yes, Namikaze, it was incredibly dumb of them, because they didn't hit nearly hard enough for Lofwyr to go down, or even hard enough for Alamais to take him out. And they were around in the metaplot through 4th, especially when dealing with some of the Artifacts plots dueling with the IOND. The Conspiracy Theories book has plenty on them.

My Characters