NEWS

Sprawl Gangers

• 221 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #45 on: <01-30-13/2058:55> »
Guys, how about you pretty, pretty, please drop the bickering and check the attitudes?  Let's not go two for two on snark getting Sprawl Ganger threads locked, huh?

I'll ask a little less nicely.  Drop the arguments and move on.  Everyone's said their opinion.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #46 on: <01-30-13/2109:58> »
Ok, do we have any volunteers to paint canray's gang for him?  I understand that he really likes PInk Mohawk style..
Oh please, I highly doubt it.  I mean, I can't even PLAY a game of Shadowrun with help from the forums...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #47 on: <01-30-13/2119:45> »
The prepaints look don't look much worse than the studio painted models, I doubt one could notice any difference in a YT video. The shading might be more subtle, more color vraiations and details picked out, but from one feet away, it would look just the same.

Bottom line:

Decent Prepaints for decent prices are possible.

As for Sprawl Gangers, I'd like to see them go the Sedition Wars path with nicely detailed models that are multipart but easy to put together.

I hope the different Weapons are realized the same way the old Space Crusade game did it, with little holes on the body and pegs on the arms and weapons.

I think making them customisable will be a big part of these minis.  If the idea is to run campaigns where your gang grows etc, you will have 'characters' who will change... and change gear etc. 
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #48 on: <01-31-13/1003:24> »
I think making them customisable will be a big part of these minis.  If the idea is to run campaigns where your gang grows etc, you will have 'characters' who will change... and change gear etc.

The duels figures had room for that. I'm not sure how a smaller product could handle it out-of-the-box though. Magnets maybe? Kung Fu grip?
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <01-31-13/1133:13> »

The duels figures had room for that. I'm not sure how a smaller product could handle it out-of-the-box though. Magnets maybe? Kung Fu grip?

Most people who are making minis that they want to change out weapons, etc, use rare earth magnets. Since these minis are coming from CMON, I would expect that they will be made the same way as other CMON minis. Anyone know if CMON does plastic, Resin, plastic-resin, or metal? I know that their shop is not all just their stuff, so I am not sure.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <01-31-13/1234:54> »
Anyone know if CMON does plastic, Resin, plastic-resin, or metal? I know that their shop is not all just their stuff, so I am not sure.

The three games they have on Kickstarter have plastic and resin.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

FlyDog

• Newb
  • Hail to the King, baby!
« Reply #51 on: <01-31-13/1722:31> »
I just sent in my application.

Am I the only one who hopes Lone Star is a playable faction?
"Haven't met a problem yet that can't be solved with my Super Warhawk.  This includes long division."

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <01-31-13/1734:29> »
Am I the only one who hopes Lone Star is a playable faction?

I'd say you're sick...but one of my current characters has a day job working for Hard Corps. ;)
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #53 on: <01-31-13/1751:18> »
I would like to see Lone Star/Knight Errant as an expansion.  Maybe an anti-gang task force?  Or corporate security with drones etc... or Go Gang rules... or....  so much room to expand and develop this concept.  Maybe even a toxic gang? or a Shedim gang?  or a Bug Gang! oh yeah! 
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

FlyDog

• Newb
  • Hail to the King, baby!
« Reply #54 on: <01-31-13/1752:58> »
Ahh Hard Corps, the place where guys who are too emotionally stunted for the 'Star wind up.  Hard Corps, we make the 'Star look like Mothers of Metahumans.  Hard Corps, if you can swing a stun baton, you're in!  Hard Corps, if your dog didn't wanna get shot he wouldn't have strayed across the property line.
"Haven't met a problem yet that can't be solved with my Super Warhawk.  This includes long division."

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #55 on: <01-31-13/1755:18> »
That could be neat.

Sprawl Gangers as the normal unit, say a group of 5.
Or
Lone Star Patrol of 4 men
Or
2 Man Shadowrun Team.

Now that I think about it, Vehicles would be an easy and awesome addition.
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

Gardensnake

• Newb
« Reply #56 on: <02-01-13/0211:02> »
In whatever format we get the figs I would just like to see a good selection of meta-humans. Orks, Trolls, and Dwarves especially. Nothing against elves, they are just too easy to convert.

William

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #57 on: <02-01-13/1012:20> »
I didn't know snooty was available in oilpaint.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #58 on: <02-01-13/1120:00> »

Check out the Kingdom Death KS...pretty sure a number of the adventurer minis are designed as modular for weapons and armor.  While also distributed by CMON, not sure how the actual mini design and sculpting is being handled.

I would love to have multi-part sprues that let me customize each mini.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #59 on: <02-02-13/1809:16> »
A great example of multi-part minis:Dreamforge Eisenkern Stormtroopers