NEWS

Sprawl Gangers

• 221 Replies

Kingbrendarr

• Newb
« Reply #105 on: <03-14-13/0631:36> »
The only problem with the old Necromunda terrain - sacrilege, I know - is that it won't really support bikes... and I really hope any game including the Ancients has bikes...

Also, has anyone thought about improvised playtest models yet? I'm thinking: my old Necromunda gang up against some GW Dark Eldar models rebuilt with whatever automatic weapon parts I can find in the bits box...

I picked out infinity miniatures and I even use some for me SR games. 
here is some motorcyles for you.
http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en/2011/miniatures/kum-motorized-troops/

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #106 on: <03-14-13/0649:09> »
I know a collectables store where I can get toys like that with missing parts for cheap.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #107 on: <03-14-13/0656:34> »
An older thread where miniature options/ideas discussed:

http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=4096.0

Cherno

• Newb
« Reply #108 on: <03-14-13/0754:56> »
If they announce that this game will NOT have 28mm miniatures, the internet fandom will EXPLODE :D

Kingbrendarr

• Newb
« Reply #109 on: <03-14-13/0808:30> »
If they announce that this game will NOT have 28mm miniatures, the internet fandom will EXPLODE :D

I will add designing a game with 27mm or 29mm model representation to my bucket list just to pop a few heads. 

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #110 on: <03-14-13/1022:56> »
28mm is, effectively, a 1/60 scale.

Hunt for model kits in that scale and you'll be set.

Sipowitz

• Omae
  • Smile for the camera
« Reply #111 on: <03-14-13/1028:20> »
What size toy cars would one use for 28 mm or 54 mm scale minis(the two most common size mini scales)? I would like to start building up terrain, and it seems like gang-based games should have some burned out, shot-up, or on-blocks cars for terrain.
If memory serves correct 125th scale is the closest to 28mm.  However terrain and vehicles are not normally true to scale for miniature gaming.
Or I guess 1/60th.

*Edit:  Okay did some checking found this on wikipedia and my memory sucks
1:64 scale is a traditional scale for models and miniatures, in which one unit (such as an inch or a centimeter) on the model represents 64 units on the actual object. It is also known as "three-sixteenths scale", since 3/16-inch represents a foot. A man is approximately 1-1/8 inches tall (28 mm) in 1:64 scale. The scale originated by halving the very common 1:32 scale, which was known as "standard size" in some hobbies.
This scale became successful because of its relative size in comparison to other toys, the fact that it is a derivative of 1/16 scale, and because they are easily held by small hands.[1] The 1/64 scale models will generally have less detail than a 1/16 scale models.[1] Moreover, "1/64 coincides with the S scale of model railroading, part of the consideration of why 1/64 became an established size."[1]
Currently, 1:64 scale is most commonly used for automobile and other vehicle models, but it is also a popular scale for model railroads and toy trains, and has been used for ship models, also. In addition, 28mm military and fantasy figures are a popular size for tabletop gaming, and they are sometimes scaled out to 1:64, although opinion on the actual scale of 28mm range from 1:48 to 1:64.

I guess you should look for 1:48 to 1:64 scale or S scale for model railroads
« Last Edit: <03-14-13/1037:37> by Sipowitz »

Companero

• Newb
« Reply #112 on: <03-14-13/1118:37> »
I can think of almost a dozen decent sources for 28mm cyberpunk figures. What's much harder to find is good urban terrain, and I'd love it if someone could rectify that - even if it's just some neat cars to hide around/steal...
http://vircadesproject.blogspot.co.uk/ RPG blog! - cyberpunk gaming blog!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #113 on: <03-14-13/1206:22> »
I'm hoping there's going to be a Mungo figure.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Sipowitz

• Omae
  • Smile for the camera
« Reply #114 on: <03-14-13/1228:04> »
I can think of almost a dozen decent sources for 28mm cyberpunk figures. What's much harder to find is good urban terrain, and I'd love it if someone could rectify that - even if it's just some neat cars to hide around/steal...
Well http://www.pinecanyonscalemodels.com/s-scalekits.htm has some terrain.   I would sugest looking for S scale terrain or 1/64

Cherno

• Newb
« Reply #115 on: <03-14-13/1406:47> »
You could always use paper terrain, there's quite some options, especially form World Works Games (Streets of Titan or Streets of Legend for street tiles, and the whole Mayhem range for props and buildings).

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #116 on: <03-14-13/2215:40> »
just want to chime in myself about painted or not. I have Leviathans and while they are painted out of the box, it is a very basic paint scheme and one that you can and a lot of people do paint over for a custom look. Personally, I have neither the time nor the money to paint minis. The basic paint job looks pretty good, I think, so I leave them be. I think they *might* just go for that: a basic paint job which you could enhance or paint over yourself. Just an idea and one that I think would cater to both the painted and unpainted camps.
Dance to the tension of a world on edge.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #117 on: <03-15-13/0651:05> »
@Linkdeath - while I appreciate your comments, I'm hoping they're unpainted and, in a perfect world, multi-part plastic which would allow for a lot more customization.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #118 on: <03-15-13/0930:25> »
@Linkdeath - while I appreciate your comments, I'm hoping they're unpainted and, in a perfect world, multi-part plastic which would allow for a lot more customization.

Your perfect world sounds like my nightmare. I traded an old laptop for having about two companies of 'Mechs assembled and painted. Minis that I probably had for a good ten years (in come cases). No, the perfect world would be having both options.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #119 on: <03-15-13/1031:27> »

Your perfect world sounds like my nightmare. I traded an old laptop for having about two companies of 'Mechs assembled and painted. Minis that I probably had for a good ten years (in come cases). No, the perfect world would be having both options.

This. The people who are good at painting and assembling can always paint over existing schemes. The rest of humanity doesn't need to get the short end of the stick.
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.