NEWS

Sprawl Gangers

• 221 Replies

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« on: <01-28-13/2328:00> »
Okay... round 2.

So this thread is for posting thoughts, speculations and in the case for those in the know... hints and teasers! (<-- Including any Greens, artwork etc)

Sprawl Gangers is an upcoming minature game for Shadowrun which will have you taking on the role of a street gang, with the ability to build and develop your gang (though how.. not too sure yet ;) )

I think it sounds similar to necromunda, a game I really liked.  Rumour has it will be influenced by Battletech (which makes perfect sense given its the same company), but how?  Not sure yet.

My personal thoughts are that Minature Kickstarters do very well, and these minatures will be made by CoolMiniOrNot who just completed the two of the most successful Kickstarters ever (almost $1 Million in funding each!) so I would hope to see a very successful Kickstarter for Sprawl Gangers... if this idea was picked up  :P

So what are your, on-topic, thoughts?
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <01-28-13/2358:59> »
I'm thinking I bought the BattleTech Box Set just a little too early...   :'(

I'll certainly be interested in seeing how the rules work out, that's for sure!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-29-13/0038:36> »
CoolMiniorNot website... pretty awesome!!!!!!!!!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/
Perception molds reality

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-29-13/0525:18> »
I am kind of hoping that it is not going to be hex-based. It would be nice if it was done in such a way that I could use
the terrain for other miniature games at my FLGS, instead of it being yet another board game that will get the miniature
gamers looking down on it because it is using hexes.

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #4 on: <01-29-13/1140:26> »
That said, it is pretty popular. Those clicky game people use grid maps for their games, and the most god-awful maps, yet at our local conventions, those folk completely outnumber the miniatures people a good 4 or 5 to 1.

There's something to be said for ease of play.

The Mercs setup is nice. Each unit has a card that doubles as a ruler for movement, complete with little indents for the miniature.

I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

carmachu

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <01-29-13/1618:20> »
I'm really hoping its not clicky based. I'd want miniatures I can build and paint.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-29-13/1619:11> »
Combat dial is owned by WizKids, I can't see CGL paying a license to use the mechanic.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-29-13/1620:24> »
I'm really hoping its not clicky based. I'd want miniatures I can build and paint.

Pre-painted is not something to be avoided. In fact, I think that all of them should be pre-constructed and painted. It does not have to be "clicky" like the old Mage Knight to be such.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-29-13/1631:13> »
I like the pre-painted pathfinder minis. I have never played and I am unlikely to ever play pathfinder, but I still collect the minis.
That said, coolornot minis tend to be unpainted and I suspect that there is more of a market for unpainted because people like to customise etc
Perception molds reality

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <01-29-13/2138:23> »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <01-29-13/2145:16> »
Indeed! Now just to see if I can find the time to commit to the group to support the playtest.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <01-29-13/2306:44> »
I need to beat my GM to get in on this.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <01-30-13/0235:14> »
I need to beat my GM to get in on this.

I have already sent my application. I am hoping that they will be fairly easy going on who they put in. I would love to
let my group's peculiar brand of stressing the rules until we hit edge cases to contribute.

Kingbrendarr

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <01-30-13/0235:59> »
Seeing as the majority (if not all ) of cool mini or not are modeling enthusiasts it will almost definately be a build and paint set. I will see if I can pester some people

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <01-30-13/0441:28> »
http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/2013/01/soliciting-for-shadowrun-miniatures-game-playtesters/

Click on the link for details on how to apply.

You are indeed a saint!  Many thanks for posting this.  I have a team of four+ interested, just need to put in my application. :)
Perception molds reality