NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2070 on: <10-16-14/1453:22> »
So decide what you guys want to do and I'll finish this thread and start up UB 11.  Is Stake around?  If not we'll just do what Zach and Thermo wanna do and recruit someone else but hopefully Stake is down for UB 11.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #2071 on: <10-16-14/1518:32> »
I hope he will reply as he is the only one who is really Matrix Capable :)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2072 on: <10-17-14/1055:53> »
Given the intuitive nature of UV realms hacking isn't necessary.  You two decide what you wanna do for UB 11 and then we'll do that and recruit a 3rd if Stake doesn't show up.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #2073 on: <10-17-14/1246:36> »
Storm will take the plunge. She's too pissed off to not take up the fight. I'll post something IC by tomorrow.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2074 on: <10-21-14/1047:21> »
So since Storm wants to take the plunge and jack-in, and Sichr seems to still be thinking about it and Stake is not around, I'll just go ahead and finish up UB 10.  Your guys job now is to create an avatar that will be your persona in BootCamp.  It will be a temporary character you create for UB 11 and any karma you get will go to your meat space character.  Also use the Prime Runner build with 50 Karma. 

We're also recruiting a third player so if anyone wants to join in we can work you in plot-wise.  UB 11 will be combat heavy but any archetype can work.  Just take a look at the first OOC: Urban Brawl post for guidelines.  We've been doing this for a while (four years!) so I'd love it if it was someone who's read some of the previous UB's, especially UB 8-10 since they've been part of a story-line called "Drequiem for a Team".  Sichr and Thermo are both veterans and have eaten a lot of shrapnel so you can ask them any questions as well.
« Last Edit: <10-21-14/1127:14> by inca1980 »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #2075 on: <10-21-14/1420:18> »
We're also recruiting a third player so if anyone wants to join in we can work you in plot-wise.  UB 11 will be combat heavy but any archetype can work.  Just take a look at the first OOC: Urban Brawl post for guidelines.  We've been doing this for a while (four years!) so I'd love it if it was someone who's read some of the previous UB's, especially UB 8-10 since they've been part of a story-line called "Drequiem for a Team".  Sichr and Thermo are both veterans and have eaten a lot of shrapnel so you can ask them any questions as well.

I'd love to get in on something long term like this, but i haven't read any of the UB stuff at all yet. I wouldnt mind doing so if you wouldnt mind the length it takes me to get through em all. There are 11 of these so far?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2076 on: <10-21-14/1509:01> »

@Poindexter:
10 of them so far, but why don't you just read starting from 8 since that's the on-going story arc which will be concluded in UB 11.  You would be playing Stake's (the dwarven decker) avatar in a UV realm (completely realistic VR), so you would just make a character which would be his avatar, and then you could make another character for subsequent UB's if you stayed on.   We want to be starting up soon so just make the character and you can catch up while we play..

Then when you got time you could dip into the previous ones and delight in hair-raising highlights such as the conducting of a successful surgical removal of explosives from the stomach cavity of a little girl and keeping her alive...... how Zach lost his liver, or how during a botched run, one of our ex-teammates critical glitched during a summoning attempt so hard that he let a demon cross-over from the beyond into this world and it impaled him....the team proceeded to loot his corpse and made a harrowing escape, losing a 2nd  team-member along the way (he fell to a fiery death down a utility/HVAC shaft several stories into a bunch of burning white-phosphorus).  So UB can be very dangerous, but with a little edge, if you roll the dice well and make good decisions you can survive.
« Last Edit: <10-21-14/1532:27> by inca1980 »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2077 on: <10-21-14/1531:59> »
UB 10 Karma:

Base - 6 Karma for everyone.

Stake - 4 Karma for some some good investigating of TVH host and piecing together a lot of info from corrupted files on that drone.
Zach - 5 Karma for putting your life on the line and roughing it through to the end.
Storm - 5 Karma for managing to get inside TVH fast enough to save Zach's life, it could have gone the other way.

3 Karma also for everyone for some really great role-playing!

So that's 14 Karma for Zach and Storm and 13 Karma for Stake. 

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2078 on: <10-21-14/1549:26> »
I'm in the same position as Poindexter: interested but unfamiliar with what's been done so far. I'll start reviewing UBs 8 - 10 tonight.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #2079 on: <10-21-14/1851:01> »
Does our avatar need to be roughly the same as our meat-space person? in other words, could Storm use an entirely different character archetype as her avatar? Or should she stay roughly true to her character and make a magic user avatar?

Also, what happens if a character's avatar dies while jumped in? Is this like in The Matrix or does she just suffer massive dumpshock?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2080 on: <10-22-14/0943:51> »
The avatar can be something completely different just like in a dream you can do and be whatever you want.  You don't really know what will happen if your avatar dies but you're not too keen to find out.  You can imagine it might be along the lines of what happened to Lt. Goodman. 

The avatar can even have a rough background if you want.  Think of this like a dream but you'll still have the firm belief that nothing is real and you'll know that you have to return to your meatspace character eventually.
« Last Edit: <10-22-14/0947:47> by inca1980 »

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #2081 on: <10-22-14/0959:06> »
How should we handle gear and such (using the Prime Runner) rules? It looks to me like we should use Priorities to get money to buy cyberware, bioware, etc, but that a reasonable set of starting gear (weapons, armor, etc) would be part of the "Prime Runner" equipment included in the build. Can we get Betaware and Deltaware?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2082 on: <10-22-14/1013:09> »
Just use the side-bar on pg. 64 under Prime Runner.   So Resources has different nuyen amounts for each priority, you get 50 karma,  still just alpha-ware, device ratings below 6 and availability below 15, you can convert up to 25 karma into 50,000 nuyen, and you don't need to worry about contacts for the avatar.  Everything else is the same for char creation.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #2083 on: <10-22-14/1202:20> »
Please, just not another 5ed chargen. Are there some usable archetypes?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2084 on: <10-22-14/1410:47> »
Sure, you can find some Archetypes that have been reverse engineered.  Just add the difference in Karma and priorities to advance the char a little and you're good to go.