NEWS

454 magnum revolver with underbarrel 30mm grenade launcher

• 14 Replies

MachineGunBallet

• Newb
« on: <07-13-12/1241:34> »
I came across this and had to to share...
http://theferalirishman.blogspot.ca/2012/05/454-magnum-revolver-with-30mm-grenade.html

I'd make it a complex action to reload the grenade launcher.

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-13-12/1249:47> »
As a breech-loaded weapon, it'd already be a Complex Action to reload under the rules.

I imagine the recoil on that thing is crazy, but I could totally see it as a weapon in Shadowrun.

MachineGunBallet

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-13-12/1314:55> »
As a breech-loaded weapon, it'd already be a Complex Action to reload under the rules.

I imagine the recoil on that thing is crazy, but I could totally see it as a weapon in Shadowrun.
Unconcealable, and would definitely land your character in the memorable category (not a good thing).

"A 357 magnum is a good weapon, but I've seen 38's bounce off of windshieds. No good in a city like this. "
-> Dirty Harry

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <07-13-12/1316:29> »
It's a good troll revolver, and would be concealable under a troll's lined coat.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #4 on: <07-13-12/1316:54> »

Actually, notice it's got vents on the side of the barrel, and there's a lot of extra metal to add bulk and mass to absorb the recoil.

Between the size of any gun capable of firing a .454 Cassul, the vents, and the extra weight of the GL, the kick's probably not that bad.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <07-14-12/0330:39> »
So I was going to see if I could stat this out in SR4 by modding a SuperWarhawk, only to hit an unexpected snag: there aren't actually any single-shot breech-loading grenade launchers in SR4. They're all magazine-fed and hold multiple rounds. The only exception is the underbarrel one built into the Cavalier Arms Lancer from Gun Heaven 2.

Guess single-shot GLs went out with the introduction of mini-grenades.

FlyDog

• Newb
  • Hail to the King, baby!
« Reply #6 on: <07-17-12/0207:14> »
THIS GUN

For when you need to kill an elephant, or an 800 pound cybered troll named Ricky who's really insistent that you actually pay for those BTLs you scored last week,
"Haven't met a problem yet that can't be solved with my Super Warhawk.  This includes long division."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #7 on: <07-17-12/0257:08> »
THIS GUN

For when you need to kill an elephant, or an 800 pound cybered troll named Ricky who's really insistent that you actually pay for those BTLs you scored last week,
This Machine or That Gun?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <07-19-12/0118:38> »
THIS GUN

Or when you drop the soap around Bubba.
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <07-19-12/1138:31> »
To be fair, the grenades fired from break action grenade launchers are actually fairly low recoil, since they don't have to go very fast, don't need a ton of energy to cycle an action, and are meant to have a relatively rapid drop.  Putting one on a pistol is stupid, but probably not unworkable.

DoubleTap

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <07-19-12/1833:43> »
I agree with DWC.  Stupid but workable.  Now can it load grape shot rounds?
always Double Tap.
I'm a engineer if I cant fix it I can damn sure break it. (SSG Brown 12B osut instructor)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #11 on: <07-19-12/1840:19> »
I just love the look of the thing (etching notwithstanding)...I like the rounded lines of it, the weight of the whole thing, the kind of future-sleek look it's got.  If someone made one in .45 ACP (where the weight would turn it into a plinker!), I'd probably buy one as my token wheelgun.  Errr, as my other token wheelgun (since my wife's already got a sweet little single-action).

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #12 on: <07-20-12/1528:58> »
Someone said they would like this stat'ed out and I had already started to from when I found this pic before, so I figured I would post it here.

What I need are help from all of you to make sure it's components are "balanced". Is the price too high/low, the availability/legality or any other suggestions you might have. Since there are no creation rules for guns I will be basing this weapon on items in the books. I’ll note the one that I use at the top of the entry. Just the base stats will be used, not the accessories, and prices will be based off the base item, Unless the prices are just ridiculous then I will use my judgment. Here ya go.

The Pacifier (Heavy Pistol)
(Based on the CAVALIER ARMS SHERIFF. From Gun Haven 2 pg. 48. Stripped of the High Powered chambering and Melee Hardening.)

Standard Upgrades/Accessories: Smart gun system, Fire Selection Change (SA), Personalized Grip, Under barrel Weapon (grenade launcher), Trigger removal. 

Damage        AP      Mode          RC            Ammo       Avail               Cost
   6P              -3           SA              1                5(CY)         8F                850Y

(Grenade Launcher)
Damage        AP      Mode          RC            Ammo       Avail               Cost
 Grenade       -           SS              -                1(m)           -                    -

The Pacifier is an exercise in multitasking. Utilizing one of the largest bores on the Heavy Pistol market the Pacifier matches the hitting power of the Super Warhawk, but surpasses that gun in penetrating power due to our patented rifling system. And has the added fire power of an Under-barrel grenade launcher.
     Useful for the security sector in riot suppression, when using gas grenades, or to engage and delay groups of perpetrators until backup arrives. Military sectors could benefit from the versatility and raw power of the weapon as a force multiplier.
     To set itself apart from other large bore revolvers the Pacifier has an improved rate of fire moving it into the Semi-automatic class. We also removed the trigger mechanism to bolster the steady handling of the gun, which in turn improves accuracy.
     And as a side benefit, the removal serves a security measure; if the gun is ever dropped or taken it won’t be of any use to an opponent. As an added defense we’ve left the actual trigger piece on the grip as a prop to confuse anyone that might get your gun. As they try and figure out the “safety” you gain more time to deal with them.
      The Pacifier’s electronics package is a state of the art Smartgun system which has been optimized for integration into tactical networks. The accuracy boost this system gives along with the personalized grip, installed as standard, will deal with any recoil from the increased rate of fire.

(This gun may not accept any additional under barrel modifications or accessories.)

Yes. It's supposed to sound like a sales brochure.
I'm making up weapons to present to my GM. He decided that my stock portfolio has gained me a good sized interest in a small arms factory. So I'm preparing designs for them. I'll be posting the others soon and would like help there also. thank you all for your time.

Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« Reply #13 on: <08-04-12/0053:04> »
@ DarkLloyd
There comes a point where a weapon goes from 'problem solving device' to 'are you feeling lucky, punk?'.
this gun has made the transition, and if it isn't featured in some form of high-end action trid by the end of 2073 then you should fire your marketing division.

i foresee a legend in the making... after all, 'real world' practicality and physics always give way to 'crazy awesome' in the trids  :)
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.

valavaern

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <08-05-12/1252:23> »
I'd say the grenage launcher should have the 'barrel reduction' mod, just like the one on the Izom Aphrodite does in GH2.
~~~~~
"Only two things matter: Force in as great a concentration as you can manage, and style. And in a pinch, style can slide." - Xykon
~~~~~