NEWS

[SR5] Initiative while hacking in AR if user have wired reflexes

• 3 Replies

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« on: <07-15-13/1130:07> »
Will Wired Reflexes Cyberware (or Improved Reflexes Adept Power, or Increase Reflexes Spell etc.) give you initiative while hacking in Augmented Reality?

On "Cracking the Matrix Spine" on p.231 the User Modes Table imply that you have your Physical Initiative and Physical Initiative Dice while hacking from Augmented Reality.

However on "Step Eight: Final Calculations" on p.101 in the Final Calculations Table they imply that there might be a difference between "[Physical] Initiative" (which "Add appropriate attribute and initative Dice bonuses") and "Matrix AR Initiaitive".
- but if so, what happens to your initiative when you switch back n fourth between your meat body and your AR matrix operations...??

Regards
Xenon

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #1 on: <07-15-13/1244:29> »
There is no difference between 'physical initiative' and 'matrix AR initiative'. If you're using the matrix in AR, then you're active in the physical world and moving at your own meat speeds. And if your meat is faster than normal, then you work the matrix faster in AR.

This is how adepts can be excellent deckers (and were a very good hacker build in SR4), as well as those who choose to not put themselves in the way of the worst of black IC by keeping their neurons out of VR.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-15-13/1313:18> »
That is what I was thinking as well...

Yeah, i used my adept as a "hack on the fly"-VR hacker in SR4 (while still being a bad-ass gunslinger that was almost impossible to hit). However, in SR5 hackers are a lot more dependent on attributes while hacking (can't really continue to hardcore skip points in Logic if I want to recreate her in SR5)

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-15-13/1747:33> »
You might ask this over in the Shadowrun 5 FAQ thread.