NEWS

Metamagic : Channeling complet rules?

• 5 Replies

hemgath

• Newb
« on: <01-25-11/1705:40> »
Some questions about Channeling, the metamagic augmentation of possession :
We made a lot of house rules for this (because of the facility to build a channeler who can channel spirit 8, 9 or 10…), but we are sure, here we can find some “real rules” answer 
Sorry for the language, hard for me to had a good, technical and grammatical good English… but our table really need answer…

We don’t talk about the GM choice… (like speak in DigGrim…)… Simply imagine a char build for Possession and channeling… With little imagination… 400BP… Easy to convoke a spirit 10… +10 to all physical… 20 to armor with hardened…
Mega battle mag…

So need complement about all the “extra non talk part” rules of channeling…

- What is the mental attribute?
The magician one?
Or, like in possession the spirit attribute?

- Is it possible to “control” spirit for being channeled for “eternity”?

- If yes can you had “second control”?

- Do you used the both skills (better between spirit and magician?) ?

- Do you used the magic spirit Attribute?
Imagine… In the case of a regeneration char…? For cast spell?

- In the same way… You used the edge and the init of the spirit ?
What about init pass?

- What about the “permanent” power of spirit? like, “regeneration”, or “energy aura”? It’s automatic for the magician? It requeer a services?

All this question because if we follow the channeling way of build… Who sayd “all don’t speack in channeling is like possession…”

With a spirit 10… you had a +10 to all physical (limited by magician max augmented attribute we suppose…)… 20 to armor with hardened… 10 minim to all mental… and all spe attribute @ 10 (edge, init, magic) with min 2 pass…
All spirit skills at 10, and all normal skills of the magician…
With all the permanent power of the spirit… like regeneration, energy aura…

With no time limit (exept services) if you “control” the spirit?

Only one limit… you used the lower magic resistance between magician and spirit…

Thx for yur answer, and again sorry fot he language.

Dahrken

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <01-26-11/0717:25> »
- What is the mental attribute?
The magician one? Or, like in possession the spirit attribute?
It is the attributes of the magician, as he is the controlling entity of the package. In possession the attributes of the spirit are used because it's the one in charge.

- Do you used the both skills (better between spirit and magician?) ?
You use the skills of the mage only - the spirit does not control the mage's body unlike wiht Possession

- Do you used the magic spirit Attribute?
Imagine… In the case of a regeneration char…? For cast spell?
Only for the use of the spirit's Powers. Spellcasting and other Magic-based actions by the mage use the mage's Magic.

hemgath

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-26-11/1042:28> »
Thx for this answer :)

You use the skills of the mage only - the spirit does not control the mage's body unlike wiht Possession
But can you ask to the spirit to used is own skills (for a services or ask him to take control for a few time)... like a combat if you need is extraordianry skills?

And what about "control spirit" (i'm don't sure it was the right name in english ?), it's possible?
And other special atribute (edge, init... pass...)?
Spirit permanent power works for the new duale entity?

hemgath

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <01-28-11/1151:33> »
If i read Dahrken i can supose this :
When you used channeling, you had your Physic attribute + power spirit and a hardened armor = 2x spirit power.

It’s the ONLY things you direct keep from the spirit…

All the rest are your own attribute and skills…

And the « spirit part » work like materialisation (used power, and skills with services… ?).

So, what about if you ask some fight services to the spirit : « Guard me », « dodge for me »… ?

And last, can you control channeling (and possession) spirit for keep them indefinitively until they used all theyr services, like in materialisation ?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <01-28-11/1237:53> »
Sorry about not getting to this right away Hemgath, been a bit busy jackhammering Spammers (and wanna-be spammers). ;)

The way I see Channeling is that the Possession mage gains all the benefits of the Possession while minimizing the penalties. I agree wholeheartedly with Dahrken on the points listed. As for the new questions, you can still use a service of the spirit to perform the requests you listed, as long it doesn't require the spirit to Materialize. This is key, since Possession spirits, by their definition, have no actual physical form on the Physical plane. So, if you request the spirit to take control of your body to dodge the attacks and get you out of combat, that's fine--of course, you have to give complete control to the spirit, so you won't be able to take any physical actions on your own. If you ask him to "take out the bad guys", the only way he could do so is to either take complete control of your body (again), or by leaving your body and attempting to possess another body or object to complete the service. He can't Materialize in front of you and shield you.

That's my 0.02¥ on the subject. ;)

hemgath

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <01-28-11/1545:53> »
Real great thx for your works and yur answer it clearly clarify our mistake !