NEWS

Magic Tradition Interactions/Compatibility?

• 0 Replies

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« on: <05-10-17/0833:57> »
In Forbidden Arcana, there's a host of new traditions, many with optional or mandatory advantages and disadvantages.
What I wonder about is how they stack, and how they affect different types of awakened.

F.Ex., Adepts:
As far as I have gathered, Adepts follow Traditions as well, even though only a small part of those actually applies to them; The obvious advantage would be Berserkers in the Norse tradition, which in Forbidden Arcana seem to have gained a fluffy disadvantage for absolutely no gain.
So, what happens if an Adept follows a Tradition that mandates picking up a metamagic adepts can't use?

Also, will the effects of a Focussed Awakened stack with a Tradition?
F.Ex., Path of the Pariah and "Null Wizard", which both essentially have the same disadvantages and similar bonuses. If so, that would result in some remarkable Anti-Mage.
Well, barring the as of yet undescribed "Opposition" Metamagic and the ominous "Spell Resistance" quality the Null Wizard is supposed to have.

And lastly, there's both foci(the Vocation, not the Item) and sub-traditions that have disadvantages that plain don't apply to some kind of awakened. Are those just meant to be a buff for aspected mages? Ok, I guess the last question is one I should definitely ask in the FA thread.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.