NEWS

Tangled Currents - Lizzie

• 784 Replies

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #285 on: <10-19-16/2249:32> »
First batch is for Jessie.  I take both batches so we don't have to come back.  Why don't you just drive, no need to take two vehicles when you have a car.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #286 on: <10-20-16/1018:36> »
Glinda nods and walks with you to the car.  "Is this just a drop or do we have something else to do here?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #287 on: <10-20-16/1623:45> »
Money is changing hands so it's a little more than that.  Hopefully it wont take too long.

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #288 on: <10-21-16/0027:00> »
Glinda climbs in and turns the car on.  "Where to, Isla?"

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #289 on: <10-21-16/0118:25> »
I give her directions to the meet.  Stop a few blocks out so I can do a little astral recon.  I'm not really expecting trouble, but you never know.

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #290 on: <10-21-16/0131:24> »
Glinda drives to the destination you give her then waits quietly while you do your search.  You do not detect anything amiss.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #291 on: <10-21-16/0837:39> »
I summon a force 4 fire spirit before continuing and asking him to guard me for the day.  Then we will go meet Jessie.

[spoiler]summon force 4, resist, drain: 9d6t5 2 4d6t5 1 10d6t5 4 1 service but no drain[/spoiler]

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #292 on: <10-21-16/1020:00> »
When you get to the garage, you notice that there is a row of bikes parked outside, along with four men who seem to be watching over them.  one of the men notices you approaching and alerts his companions, who all turn to watch you come up.  They do not appear to be hostile, but are alert.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #293 on: <10-21-16/1131:55> »
I approach scanning for Jessie. Greetings gentlemen.  Is Jessie here?  I understood he was making this deal in person.  Are we doing this here or inside?

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #294 on: <10-22-16/1137:05> »
One of the gangers will squint at you.  "And who the frag are you to ask?"

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #295 on: <10-22-16/1229:23> »
I'm Lizzie.  Seriously this lack of communication is really very unprofessional.  Are we doing this deal or what?

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #296 on: <10-22-16/1637:32> »
One of the other guys saunters over.  "Hey, Scar, she might be the slot Jessie told us to be on the lookout for."  The man called Scar looks closely at you and grins, showing some really bad dental work.  "Yeah?  So you here to deal, is that it?  Give the stuff to me and I will see that Jessie gets it."

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #297 on: <10-23-16/0157:17> »
I've put up with quite a lot from your people.  That ends now.  I grab him by the balls with my strong arm.  I won't crush them but I will make it hurt. 

Let me introduce you to my friend.  I have the spirit materialize.  The spirits I summon aren't typical black magic summons they tend toward traditional demonic shapes.  I like my demons with a certain Lovecraftian flair.  It appears as a giant bat-winged maggot with a mass of tentacles at its head.  I look over at the other one who spoke and say, Now go get Jessie before I kill this asshole.

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #298 on: <10-23-16/0226:27> »
The expressions on the faces of three of the gangers are priceless as they all stop in their tracks and back up a bit.  The guy you are gripping simply passes out and you have to release him to avoid crushing his nuts in the vise of your hand.  None of the men appears able to speak but one nods his head and dashes away to the building.  Glinda steps up next to you and whispers in a voice loud enough for the remaining two men to hear.  "If you kill him, may I have him, dear?"  The two men still near blanch perceptibly and look from one demon to the other before backing even farther away. 

At that moment, Jessie comes out of the building and sees the three of you.  Taking stock, he does not appear to be afraid or even particularly bothered by the spirit.  He pushes past the two guards, barely giving the unconscious man a glance.  "Is he dead?.  He toes the man, who moans a bit and turns onto his side cradling his balls.  Jessie looks back up at you.  "Can you please send your spirit away now that you have scared four nearly witless men half to death?  Such a creature is not necessary here and might lead one to think that you are impatient and rash.  We can do business once it is gone."

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #299 on: <10-23-16/0254:57> »
Thank you my friend.  I say to the spirit.  I have it dematerialize and retreat back to the car to wait for us.  Then I turn to Jessie.

My apologies, I expected you to have a better reign on your people than this.  You seemed to command more respect from them the last time we met.  I confess they caught me a bit off guard.  I turn to the remaining gangers.  My name is Lizzie Borden.  I have little tolerance for disrespect.  You will spread the word.

I turn back to Jessie and say, Better?  We dealing here or inside?  You never did call for that date...how long are you going to keep a girl waiting?

― Lewis Carroll