NEWS

Tangled Currents - Eva & Cynthia

• 598 Replies

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #150 on: <07-22-16/0135:35> »
[Cynthia Rawson - Sunday June 10th, 2075 - Dante's Inferno] #59

Cynthia shakes her head to answer Tanya's question. *I'm not so sure that it's not branch of hell. Seems a lot like it to me... Note to self: stick to water. Or soda. Or soycaf.*

Looking around, while still playing with the club's ARO on her arm to check among other things the time of Concrete Dream's performance, she follows to the VIP Suite 3. She seems...Curious on the way. A bit like someone going to the zoo would look at the wildlife. All of this seems so foreign to her, she might as well have been on another planet as far as she's concerned.
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #151 on: <07-22-16/0215:18> »
@Eva   Sylvia stays near you.  "I have never been here before.  I have heard of this woman before, but never expected to meet her.  I don't think I have to tell you to be on your toes."

@Cynthia   Marie and Tom walk with you once Tanya moves ahead.  "Tom and I are glad you are along.  I feel so lost here and you look so.......well, almost comfortable.  Have you been her often, then?"
« Last Edit: <07-22-16/1011:05> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #152 on: <07-22-16/0239:51> »
[Cynthia Rawson - Sunday June 10th, 2075 - Dante's Inferno] #60

Cynthia looks at Marie, surprised "Comfortable?" *Drek, how can she believe that I'm comfortable? There are too many people here for me to be comfortable.*

She shakes her head "No, I'm not really comfortable, I figured you were the ones comfortable... Me, I'm just trying to think about anything else and forget where I am. And how I got there." *Hey, there might be something here. I should try to do something like that next time too.*
With a shrug, she continues "It's the first time I ever came to the Dante's. And I don't have much experience as far as clubs go either. It's not really what I like, I much prefer game competitions, concerts or Matrix hangouts. There, I understand the rules and I can go dressed however I want. Here..." she shrugs "Not so much."

Pensive, she looks at Marie "Your boss told me there was some business to do, but she didn't say more. Do you know what this is all about?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #153 on: <07-22-16/1010:28> »
Marie looks surprised.  "I do not know anything about business so that must be something on her own.  She had asked me about some clubs in Seattle and I gave her a list.  Then she invited us to join her here tonight.  I did not realize that we were going to be guests of Lady Marisart.  She sure seems much nicer than the gossip would have you believe.  I would not have thought that she would ever spare the likes of Tom and me the time of day, but she seems quite nice."

VIP Suite 3 is quite large.  There is a closet for wraps and an attached bathroom, complete with a shower.  A fully stocked bar is at one end of the room and several large trid screens line the walls.  Comfortable chairs and couches are organized into conversation groups and a large table is available for dining, complete with an AR menu listing what is available to order from the kitchen.  The bar has its own server droid and an AR listing of the beverages available. 

Tanya lets everyone get settled then says, "Alright, everyone is free to mingle here or outside in the club.  The concert I would like to see begins in a half hour, so I will be leaving for that in about twenty minutes.  Would anyone care to accompany me?"

Colonel Senks shakes his head.  "Wish I could, my dear, but duty calls.  I just got a call and need to go check in.  So sorry.  It was nice to meet all of you."  Tanya smiles at him and whispers something in his ear that has him smiling as he leaves the room.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #154 on: <07-22-16/1026:24> »
[Cynthia Rawson - Sunday June 10th, 2075 - Dante's Inferno, VIP Suite 3] #61

Cynthia shrugs "I don't know. She told me she had some business to talk to me about. As for Tanya..." she scratches her cheek "I don't really follow gossips, I don't much care how other people live their life. I take care of mine and that's pretty much it... But..." She looks at Tanya "Yeah, I guess..."

Quite curious, Cynthia explores the room, going as far as testing if the shower really works. She doesn't really want to know why a shower could be useful here. Well, she can guess, but prefers not to. At the bar, she avoids alcohol and takes a glass of juice, before settling down in a chair - and not a couch, that way she won't have to share. More to test the chair than anything else... When Tanya speaks again, she looks at her, her interest peaked when she talks about the concert.

Raising her hand, she says "I will!" She seems a bit surprised to see the Colonel leave that quickly but makes a small wave of the hand in his direction as a goodbye. *Maybe I'll be able to play with the 'links now... I'll wait after the concert though, I'll have time, and everyone will have settled down by then I hope.*

[spoiler]
As a reminder, it's holidays for me starting tomorrow. I'll be able to answer before I leave (would be your evening Mercy), but after that, probably not for the week.
Unless I'm lucky to find some internet connection for a meal or something, but best not count on it.

It's not at the best of time considering the situation, but obviously it was planned long before ^^
I'll try to plan some of Cynthia's actions for the night that you can insert here and there (even if I don't expect it to have any impact on the others) but for the discussions I suppose Cynthia will lose her tongue.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-02-16/1232:42> by Imladir »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #155 on: <07-23-16/1242:28> »
Tanya nods at Cynthia and looks over to where Marisa is standing.  "Interested?  The band is Concrete Dreams and they play some good stuff.  It's not for everyone, though, so please do not feel that you have to come along.  There is plenty to do in the club without going to the concert.  If it is other music you like, there is a nice MM cover group on the eighth circle.  I have heard them before and they do a good job with her songs.  Almost like listening to her.  There is dancing and just mingling, if you prefer."

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #156 on: <07-23-16/1708:47> »
I smile at Sylvia "Perhaps someday I will be friends with someone I don't need to watch my step with, but I do not anticipate that happening soon. Now, let's enjoy ourselves and try not to get killed."

To the Colonel I give a warm smile and say "I hope to see you again, sir."

I nod amiably as Tanya discusses the details of the club, and order both food and drinks in the form of a sushi and caviar platter and a Manhattan. "The concert sounds like fun, though I wonder if you would mind me picking your brain about the fine gentleman that's just left?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #157 on: <07-23-16/1954:36> »
OOC:  I am sorry, but I am a little confused about who Marisa is talking to about the Colonel.  I assume Tanya, but I might be wrong.

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #158 on: <07-23-16/2251:00> »
The Knight Errent guy who came in with us, then lady almost at once.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #159 on: <07-24-16/1807:49> »
Tanya smiles at Marisa.  "Pick my brain?  Are you interested in him?  He is a very interesting man, at least I think he is.  He started working for the KE long before they picked up the contract here from Lonestar, working his way from beat officer in Denver then promotions that took him to Los Angeles and New Orleans before landing here.  He runs the Active Crimes unit in Seattle.  It is quite a feather in his cap, to be sure.  He is not married, so if you are interested, I could arrange a real introduction."

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #160 on: <07-25-16/2249:29> »
"He seems like a powerful and well connected man, the kind I'd like to do business with if things were right. He's probably also a powerful Mage who could show me a few tricks."

I watch Maris and Tom for their reactions to my magic statement.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #161 on: <07-26-16/0233:19> »
Tanya's answer rolls off her tongue so naturally and sincerely that you are sure that she is telling the truth.................well, almost certainly.........maybe.  It is hard to say, but she would have to be a skilled liar indeed to be this glib.  "He is VERY influential and well connected.  But a mage?  I would not know, Marisa.  I have no ability to tell that.  Why do you think so?"

Marie and Tom are turned to watch the Colonel leave then turn back to you.  Marie's eyes are quite wide and Tom's are a bit more calculating.

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #162 on: <07-27-16/0335:46> »
My answer comes slowly and naturally, as if I've slipped into an interesting memory "My study of the Feng Shui of a household, the benefits of which you will experience quite soon, I came across many lists of skilled mages working within the corporate structure. While his name was not on them directly, men in his position are almost always magicians of conciderable prowess, which is why I asensed him almost at once."

I serve myself some of the Sushi once it arrives, realizing that I've not yet eaten today.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #163 on: <07-27-16/0939:46> »
Tanya nods at your explanation, apparently satisfied because she turns to take Cynthia's arm.  "We are going off to the concert on the fourth circle.  Remember that you are all free to just roam and take advantage of everything the club has to offer.  The AROs on your wrists will give you access to just about everything."  She and Cynthia walk out of the VIP suite, followed by Marie and Tom, who say that they are going to look around and do some dancing. 

Sylvia moves closer to you and whispers, "So it is just us in here, now.  Any thoughts on what you want to do?"

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #164 on: <07-28-16/1934:28> »
I keep my voice low and my tone casual so anyone unable to make out the words would think nothing of our conversation "As you may have moticed, Tanya is a women of influence here, so our main goal is making friends with her. Our secondary goal is to get my secretary and her boyfriend alone near the end of the evening, as I have to interview them both as soon as possible, probably with the use of drugs afterwards so they forget the encounter."

I turn and kiss her gently "Butnofnxourse these are only my plans for the evening, surely you have some thought on howntomkeepnthinfs exciting?"