NEWS

[5e OOC] And The Rain Keeps Falling

• 575 Replies

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #495 on: <01-01-17/2243:03> »
Initiative noted, who was Achak targeting?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #496 on: <01-02-17/0058:55> »
Your OOC post said, "The rent-a-cop guards are at the front of the elevator, and are therefore, the only ones within immediate reach." As such, I presume Achak is swinging at one of the two rent-a-cops.

As for which one of the two, I don't know. It doesn't sound like there's a meaningful difference between the two. If it matters, I'll say Achak is swinging with his right hand, so he's clubbing whoever is on his right.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #497 on: <01-02-17/2248:46> »
 Alright, just making sure he wasn't trying to move into the elevator first ore anything like that.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #498 on: <01-05-17/1258:38> »
Crater, did you want to roll dodge & soak for the guard for Achak's attack?

gwilym, you're up next!

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #499 on: <01-05-17/1637:27> »
need some help with rules here:-

first what the penalty for switching target? (wanna put a burst in to each armoured guard)
second if is spend edge does it cover both bursts?
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #500 on: <01-05-17/1711:39> »
That qualifies as "Multiple Attacks". See p. 196 of the core rulebook.

Short version: divide your dice pool in half and roll half for each guard.

If you add Edge pre-roll, that gets divided in half too. If you use Edge to reroll non-hits, then you can spent one point to reroll the non-hits from both attacks. Given Pale Horse's Edge of 3, she'll almost certainly want to use it post-roll rather than pre-roll (where it would only add 2 dice to one attack and 1 die to the other attack).

Generally speaking it is usually better to concentrate fire on a single target to minimize the chance of the target dodging and to maximize the net hits (and thus the DV you inflict). But if you have a huge dice pool and are likely to lose hits to Accuracy, or the targets are unlikely to dodge, then it can make sense to divide your dice pool in order to spread out the hits and stay at or under your Accuracy/Limit.

Per the "one attack per target" rule, firing two guns at one target doesn't allow you to hit them twice and do damage twice. A GM could say that two semi-auto bursts from two pistols could be combined into one 6-round burst so that the dodge modifier is -5 instead of -2, but I think that's more of a house rule / logical extension of the written rules rather than a rule that's actually in the book. Be careful of your recoil, since firing two guns accumulates recoil twice as quickly.

While certainly cool, having a gun in each hand isn't terribly productive in SR5; it mostly just means that you don't have to reload as often. (Or you could have different ammo types in each, if that's useful.)

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #501 on: <01-07-17/1452:51> »
ok, thanks for the steer, so suppressive fire it is 11 dice across all f4/3 (rentacop is down?)

suppresive fire: 11d6t5 2 which is bobbins so edge time

that's edge for suppressive fire: 9d6t5 2 so 4 net hits to be dodged of fall prone

three word over sub vocal "need to reload"

sorry for the wait, go steamed by work
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #502 on: <01-18-17/1947:30> »
Crater, it's been a couple weeks. Got anything for us?

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #503 on: <01-30-17/1058:02> »
I apologize for the wait, work has changed significantly, and college midterms just hit, so I was a bit behind on just about everything! However, now that I have a minute, I'll update quickly.

Achak has taken down the first rent-a-cop, and the other is stuck between being scared drekless by the spirit and stunned awe at the being manifested. However, the two armored guards appear unphased, and continue professionally.

Results of Pale Horse's Suppressive Fire:
The low-rent officer drops to the ground. The two armored guards, slower to leave the elevator have slightly more cover, and both maintain their composure.

Overall Initiative Order as of now:
Achak Initial
Pale Horse 26
Achak 23
Ichante / Casket / Armored Officer 16
Armored Officer 14
Chaim 13
Ghoul / Rent-a-Cop 11
Rent-a-Cop 10
« Last Edit: <01-30-17/1102:30> by CraterShip »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #504 on: <02-01-17/0243:05> »
I'm going to say that Achak is caught in Pale Horse's suppressive fire. His back is to Pale Horse so he can't see it coming to dodge, so he'll take the hit.

I don't actually know what type of ammo Pale Horse has loaded but I'll presume regular ammo, since she only has 30 rounds of APDS and I doubt she'd waste it on suppressive fire.

That leaves 7P to soak. This is actually not a very big deal, since Achak's Immunity to Normal Weapons will automatically take care of 6 boxes. That leaves one box to soak with Body 7 + Armor 12 = 1 dice. Here's hoping!

Achak soaking: Body 7 + Armor 12: 19d6t5 4 hits

Poor roll but it gets the job done. The machine pistol ammo flattens on Achak's back like bugs smacking a windshield.

Now, on to Achak's turn. As the type to bring a club to a gunfight, I can't imagine that he would be happy confronting anything but the biggest badass available. He'll charge into the elevator, swinging at an armored guard.

Achak @ 23
Free: Run
Complex: Melee / swing club

Batter's up: Agility 8 + Clubs 6: 14d6t5 6 hits, capped at 4 hits by the club's Accuracy

Technically I should have added dice for a charging bonus but it wouldn't matter anyone since I hit the Accuracy limit.

Damage is 11P, 0 AP + net hits. The club has Reach 1 so that's -1 to dodge unless the armored office also has a Reach 1 melee weapon.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #505 on: <02-01-17/0801:16> »
me too me too!
Initiative: 10+1d6 12

Simple action take aim, simple action FA burst (-5 to dodge). Damage is 10P -2AP
FA burst+ take aim: 15d6t5 5

Spikes will shoot at whomever is closest to her.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #506 on: <02-05-17/1454:50> »
Armored guard tries to dodge Achak's attack, however having no reach weapon and being in such an enclosed space, he only nets one hit on dodge. However, hee does have a total off 16 armor, which he hits 4 times on, reducing damage to 4 stun.

Spikes fires at the remaining rent a cop. He's on the ground already so no dodging for him. Straight to armor soak, an impressive 4 hits but not enough to save him from the full auto fire. He's now dead on the ground.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #507 on: <02-05-17/1516:36> »
Poor fellow... :(

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #508 on: <02-05-17/2013:40> »
Something like that. Keep in mind that he's not dead yet, at least by initiative order...though he won't act before his untimely death.

Overall Initiative Order as of now:
Achak Initial
Pale Horse 26
Achak 23
Ichante / Casket / Armored Officer 16
Armored Officer 14
Chaim 13
Ghoul / Rent-a-Cop 11
Rent-a-Cop 10
« Last Edit: <02-06-17/0935:24> by CraterShip »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #509 on: <02-07-17/1849:49> »
Unless I'm missing something the guard who most recently got tagged by Achak should take more than 4S.  Base damage was 11P 0AP, with 3 Net Hits = 14P 0AP.  So, with 4 hits on Soak, he's still taking 10S, and should at least be Prone unless his Physical Limit is crazy high.

So, Casket has the sample, so his actions will be:

Move: Exit room with samples
Simple: Stow samples on his person
Simple: Ready weapon

Chaim will:
Complex: Leadership (Inspire) on Casket's next shot
Free: Turn Wireless On for the remaining gas grenade.

Chaim has: CHA (6) + Leadership (6) + Inspire Spec (2) = 14 dice.
Leadership: Casket boom: 14d6t5 5
Casket gets 5 dice and +1 Limit on his next shot.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal