NEWS

[Hero Lab] Version 2.0 of the Shadowrun 5 files for Hero Lab is now available

• 11 Replies

Mathias

• Chummer
« on: <01-18-16/1428:28> »
A new update of the Shadowrun 5 files for Hero Lab is now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab.

This update adds the last character creation system from Run Faster - Life Modules! The Life Modules system is a free update for anyone who already owns the Run Faster package.

We've also finished up another supplement book - the adventure compilation Bloody Business. Most of the new content from this book is all the NPCs from this book, who have all been entered for you, and they're now ready to go. You can add them to a portfolio by going to the Gamemaster menu, and then choosing "Show Encounter Builder", and then filter for "Bloody Business". There's also a little bit of content for this book, like a new adept power, and a few critter races. Bloody Business is a free update for all our users who have the Supplements #2 package, which is available for $9.99, and already contains many other books; Lockdown, Shadows in Focus: Butte, Shadows in Focus: Sioux Nation, Sail Away, Sweet Sister, the Vladivostok Gauntlet, and Nothing Personal.

In terms of what we're working on now, Hard Targets and Rigger 5.0 are both in progress, but I don't have estimates yet for either of those books.

Here's the full change list for this release:
New Releases!

Content from Bloody Business is now available in the Supplements Package #2! You can purchase this by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu.

Enhancements & Changes

The Life Modules character creation system from Run Faster has been added as a free update for everyone with the Run Faster package.
    The languages and skill specialties used by life modules have been added as options for all characters.

Bug Fixes

The Character Creation Variants and Alternate Campaign Options (Sum to Ten, Street Scum, High Life, etc. ) were not combining properly with Street-Level Play or Prime Runner Play - they offered the same settings (25 karma, for example) as the Established Runner option.
    The metasapient races were not being shown for PCs to select from.
    The karma cost of complex forms was incorrect.
    The High Life Character Creation Variant was still limiting gear availability.
    Certain combinations of bioware that add up to exactly 1.0 were being reported by the prototype transhuman quality as totaling up to too high an essence value due to rounding errors.
    Characters with a lot of active skills could encounter errors when adding a new active skill as an advance.
    Only one Antennae could be added to cyberears.
    There were several errors in the way that the list of available chemicals was generated for toxin-delivery ammo.
    The drugs from Lockdown were not available to add to drug-delivery systems.
    The Armor rating of the Ares Armored Survivalist was incorrect.
    The Security Spacesuit had the normal spacesuit's description.
    The Evo Armadillo Armored Space Suit had the normal spacesuit's description, and incorrect armor rating, availability and cost.
    The smart skin augmentation, if combined with a shield, would turn itself and the shield red without properly reporting an error message.
    The Clean [Element] spell now chooses from the classical elements (air, earth, fire, water), rather than Shadowrun's elemental damage types.
    On a character with more than one martial arts technique, a series of errors would be reported each time Hero Lab recalculated the character.
    The Spells Learned, Rituals Learned, and Alchemical Formulas Learned totals should only apply to those things you learn during character creation, but these totals were being shown in advancement mode as well.
    Certain combinations of karma spent while creating a character in the Point Buy system could cause "0/-1 Karma" to appear in red among the character's resources to spend, along with an error message that this resource was overspent.
    For characters who spent more special attribute points than their metatype choice offers, and therefore need to pay for the extra points with karma, in certain circumstances, the karma cost could be calculated incorrectly.
    For a character with more than 2 devices on the matrix condition monitor list on the In-Play tab, certain screen heights could lead to only 2 devices being shown, with no way to see the rest. Now, if this happens, there will be a scrollbar so that the rest of the devices can be viewed.
    If you purchased a paint grenade, but did not add any extra chemicals, an error would be reported, but unmodified paint grenades are something that should be allowed - they represent just the normal paint in those grenades.
    All RCCs should come with a Sim Module as a standard mod.
    The exceptional entity quality's restrictions on the number of attributes that can exceed the normal maximums were being applied to NPCs as well as PCs.

Data File Authoring

The #hasmodule[Id] macro has been added, to simplify prereqs that test whether a specific Life Module has or has not been added to the character. This is testing for hero.tagis[LifeModule.Id].

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-18-16/1435:20> »
Any ETA on the problem with Restricted Gear not properly functioning with regard to things added to other gear (such as Ruthenium)?
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mathias

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <01-18-16/1652:55> »
Any ETA on the problem with Restricted Gear not properly functioning with regard to things added to other gear (such as Ruthenium)?

I'm afraid that one will take me a few hours to get working correctly, and I just haven't had a chance to devote enough time to that project, with so many books to work on. I'm afraid that since the workaround for this bug is very simple (just ignore the error messages), and the time required relatively large, it hasn't been one of the bugs I've gotten to yet.  Sorry about that.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-18-16/1807:57> »
I just updated and now one of my pre-existing portfolios is giving me error messages regarding skill specialties. Any specialty I bought in advancement for a skill I also bought in advancement says I can't have specialties for skills with no points spent on them.

Mathias

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <01-18-16/1923:27> »
I just updated and now one of my pre-existing portfolios is giving me error messages regarding skill specialties. Any specialty I bought in advancement for a skill I also bought in advancement says I can't have specialties for skills with no points spent on them.

Here's the link to our bug tracking system: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=24975

Could you please send me a bug report there, and when it gives you the automated reply saying your case was accepted, please reply to that and attach the character you're seeing this on?  That way, I can take a look at the portfolio with the problem.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-18-16/2223:05> »
Thanks for the update Mathias!

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-19-16/0218:10> »
Thank you! I've been eagerly awaiting the addition of the life module creation system for Hero Lab!

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-19-16/0825:31> »
FYI ...

Sum to Ten and Life Modules are Missions legal with GM review and approval
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

revan.be

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <01-19-16/1228:33> »
Will Hero lab ever have a way to transmit dice rolls to other hero lab users?
Roll20 is not always that great or easy to use setting up all the various different rolls needed for a system like Shadowrun.
SR5 archetypesof all races needed , add art male/female art if possible http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=12881.30

Mathias

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <01-19-16/1653:57> »
FYI ...

Yes, but in my opinion, Hero Lab should always report the error that Sum to Ten is not allowed in SRM.  That way, newer players won't use it, and then show up to a game day expecting to just sit down and play.  Those who have enough experience with Shadowrun Missions to know that they have this option will also have a good idea what uses of Sum to Ten wouldn't be abusive, and would get GM approval, can just ignore the error message when they create a character using Sum to Ten.

Mathias

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <01-19-16/1655:02> »
Will Hero lab ever have a way to transmit dice rolls to other hero lab users?
Roll20 is not always that great or easy to use setting up all the various different rolls needed for a system like Shadowrun.

Having copies of Hero Lab be able to communicate is something that many people have suggested, and it's something we're always keeping in mind as a very neat improvement that we could make.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <01-19-16/1659:16> »
FYI ...

Yes, but in my opinion, Hero Lab should always report the error that Sum to Ten is not allowed in SRM.  That way, newer players won't use it, and then show up to a game day expecting to just sit down and play.  Those who have enough experience with Shadowrun Missions to know that they have this option will also have a good idea what uses of Sum to Ten wouldn't be abusive, and would get GM approval, can just ignore the error message when they create a character using Sum to Ten.

a valid point and one I appreciate as Lead Agent, but I have also found that a lot of players who choose to use Hero Lab also rely on it to keep them legal and I often get questions like this when it does come up.

so, a wish list item would be instead of it flagging illegal could we get it to flag as part of the validation report that it needs approval?
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team