NEWS

Sins of the Fathers [IP] - A Side Quest

• 591 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #420 on: <05-05-16/1751:41> »
[spoiler]... and a teenage girl who loves entertaining herself, but usually does so in virtual reality or in a club.

But if bnc has any saying in this, Bluebird will never get to know what the appartment looks like. If the team agrees, she'll book an apartmennt/camping wagon/holiday house/whatever there can be had in no time, and has Bluebird set up a ward asap. She doesn't want Woden to know where they are and she doesn't want him to find them. Also, she doesn't think it's a good idea to invite a stranger to your house, especially if it's a vodou priestess. [/spoiler]

bnc has been a little strange the last days, distant in a way. But she was professional in a un-bnc-ish way, doing her job, priority to all Slob needs to be done, doing no drugs (or hardly) and starting no arguments (with the team).

When Bluebird arrives, she smiles faintly and nods her hello. As she was reminded that Torrent was vice chief for now, she just shut her mouth and leaned back on the sofa, cuddling with Li, if she was in a good mood.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #421 on: <05-05-16/1825:07> »
[spoiler]As a note, Bluebird doesn't know how to put up a ward - but she does have a ritual spellcasting sensei.

What's the consensus on the new location?

Li is a dog?[/spoiler]
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #422 on: <05-05-16/2116:27> »
[spoiler]Li is a Tibetan Mastiff. A rescue from some Triads we killed. I'll probably start referring to her as Zelda after this run, as that seems like enough time for her to start responding to it[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #423 on: <05-06-16/0457:02> »
[spoiler]bnc will firmly insist on magical protection from spirits or the bond between Woden and the artifact. She leaves it to Bluebird whether she has her sensei put up a ward, creates a manabarrier as a spell, has strong loa sustain Concealment day and night or whatever. If none of these are good alternatives, bnc insists on an underground (or underwater) appartment for the meantime. You can tell from the way she speaks that she really really knows a lot about magic, despite being mundane.
Also she insists firmly on leaving our appartment for the moment. She would stay if each and everyone strongly votes for it, but she will never stop pointing out that Woden would already know where we stay, and that he is a professional killer. If he hasn't attacked yet, she'd said, he'll wait for the right moment, or until he'd have gathered the right support. Is anyone against leaving?

@Jack: How difficult is it to find a place entirely under Earth, that is, shielded from both spirits and magical links?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #424 on: <05-06-16/0658:36> »
Bluebird notices that the last time she met the team, the male elf had stern asian features and long black hair. This time he had tanned skin, caucasian features and short white hair. She was sure it was the same person since both times he answered to the name Torrent.

"Bnc already knows what she must do. She'll find us those who will be present as assistants , the party  schedule and the level of clearance. Then we'll have to pick the profiles which suit us best. Ideally, at least one of them will be a catering van driver. The rest can just enjoy their food. Any questions? Any objections? "

[spoiler]If there are no objections Torrent will start discussing the Manor[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #425 on: <05-06-16/0800:08> »
[spoiler]
@Volker and hadaalia

It's pretty easy to hide the focus: Just put it inside a lodge. That acts as a manabarrier in the astral and the physical. Just make sure to make it a R12 lodge.

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #426 on: <05-06-16/0811:05> »
"Yes, some. For instance, I can gather these information a lot safer if I can get access to a physical device that's connected to the host.
Who goes in? Who can give me cover?"

[spoiler]So, where are we discussing this now? Does Bluebird have a lodge where we could live for the time being?

@Jack: Can you give me details about the host structure, especially which gear is connected to it?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #427 on: <05-06-16/0842:34> »
[spoiler]
You can make a temporary lodge with reagents (500xForce nuyen), it covers one room.
To make a lodge large enough to cover an entire house, I'd ask for 1000xForce nuyen.

Being underground wouldn't stop spirits from getting to you. The laws of magic changed over the last editions. Now only dual natured things stop movement on the astral.

The host of the restaurant is Rating 5 with A6 S5 D8 F7
There are 20 commlinks, 15 drones, about 80 devices (from the kitchen appliances to the catering vans) and a bunch of locks slaved to the host.
The commlinks are used by the servers to record the orders.
The host allows you to make a virtual reservation but has a very active patrol ice in the form of a server following everyone around and asking if he can be of assistance.
The architecture is pretty faithful towards the real restaurant - so you'd expect the reservations to be at the front desk and the personal files behind the Privat doors.

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #428 on: <05-06-16/0917:07> »
"Once we're inside the restaurant I will try to find such a device for you and lead you to it.  Krestov has superb manners, he probably knows how to order in such a place. Perhaps Bluebird's spirits will come in handy, though I'd rather keep this simple."

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #429 on: <05-06-16/0922:43> »
"Do you want me to accompany you in meat-space? I won't wear a dress."
She attempts to fake a smile.

"Otherwise, I can also try to attack it from outside. If we stay somewhere near, I think I could enter that thing over wifi, also. Though it would be less safe, of course."

[spoiler]@Jack How do you play Patrol IC. Do you see it the way I handled it with Mark, i.e. that an agent in a restrictive system can still identify as you as an intruder although it doesn't actually watch you do something illegal? That is, is my presence in the host a problem as long as I don't mess up with checks?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #430 on: <05-06-16/1002:08> »
"Τhis is your show bnc, you should decide whether you will hack this host from this inside or not. Yours is the main objective."

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #431 on: <05-06-16/1349:12> »
"Then I suggest we go tonight, 3am or so. Worst thing that can happen is that they record an attempted break-in. But it didn't look that tough. If we're lucky we can find a mag-lock linked to the host. If we fail tonight, we try it the other way.

What exactly do we need? We need a guest list and as much info as we can get about the event and general security. We have to find out about the catering service and replace one entry to smuggle you in. Can you think of anything else at the moment?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #432 on: <05-06-16/1510:50> »
[spoiler]
@Volker
I'm using the suggestions from Data Trails: As long as you are in the public part of the host there is no problem. But as soon as you move into restricted parts the Patrol Ice will first warn you to go away and than start counter measures.
Sneaking past is of course always a possibility.
[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #433 on: <05-06-16/1813:57> »
[spoiler]At GM's call, I'm going to sink 1 karma into this foci to break the bond between Woden and the thing and start attuning/bonding it to myself. [/spoiler]

"So, I think I've broken the bond with Woden on this thing - we should be secure."

After updating the team she sat by listening to Volker and Torrent plan.
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #434 on: <05-07-16/0449:13> »
"We should replace at least one van driver  in order to  try and smuggle the rest of the team and our weapons in."
« Last Edit: <05-07-16/0813:58> by Sabato Kuroi »