NEWS

Spirit power "Influence"

• 2 Replies

songoku

• Newb
« on: <10-13-15/0048:16> »
The manipulation spell "Influence" will expire after (net hits) minutes.

But for the critter power "influence" there is no such restriction. The target is only able to resist the working magical power, when confronted with the wrongness of the sugestion.

Does this mean, a sugestion, that the target will or cannot resist, will work forever?

Eg "You love the color blue", "You want to visit this musem every sunday", "You never want to touch a weapon again", "You want me to be your best friend", ...

If the targets willpower+logic is less than the force of the power, these suggestions would (by RAW) work forever.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #1 on: <10-13-15/0138:23> »
I used influence to have the players throw themselves out of windows when they faced a shedim
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <10-13-15/0206:09> »
Forever has such a long implied term.....

Remember, you're talking about critters here. And most of them do not have sapience, so no "master plans to rule the world!!" And more, "I'm hungry, lets eat....him!"

One of the critters with influence is the Nightmare. A flesh eating, aquatic horse that influences people to 'ride it' (where it has a natural adhesive) while it swims out to sea and drowns you....

So don't worry why you like the color blue. Or just HAVE to visit the same meusum EVERYDAY. It's totally not related to the Succubi eating your soul. I swear.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.