NEWS

Covert Ops - Weapons

• 32 Replies

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <10-02-15/2152:46> »
Put it in a fingertip compartment (thumb) and turn off wireless.
If you ever get access to Deltaware make the fingertip compartment Deltaware (super cheap) and it will be nigh undetectable until you start slicing.

This.  Deltaware fingertip is 7500 Nuyen and Availability 12.  Deltaware is essentially undetectable by even the highest rating cyberscanner, nobody is going to find it until you start slicing. 

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <10-02-15/2241:38> »
Definitively it looks like the favorite are Pistols.  I'll drop the Paradart Pistol skill and swap over to Pistols.  Pistols, and Monowhip for that unique flare. 

Comlink /TASER/ accessory ? I missed that !

Kincaid: How are Palming Hold-Outs deadly ? 
Mess with the best.  Die like the rest !

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <10-03-15/0007:27> »
How are Palming Hold-Outs deadly ?
1. Surprise attack.
2. Lots of net hits.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #18 on: <10-03-15/1257:46> »
Surprised noone's voted archery?! Pistol Crossbow loaded with stick and shock heads mounted on static shafts. That's like 12se with -5ap right there. Totally silent and concealable too. Transferable up to heavy crossbows, slingshot with capsule rounds and dmso as well as traditional bows with explosive heads or injection arrows.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <10-03-15/1529:54> »
Aren't the issues with Archery and the ilk the reload issues ? No burst fire to take off defense dice ?

I do like the idea though. It fits very well with the fluff that my character is based on.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #20 on: <10-04-15/0620:49> »
Aren't the issues with Archery and the ilk the reload issues ? No burst fire to take off defense dice ?

I do like the idea though. It fits very well with the fluff that my character is based on.
I think the idea with covert ops is that you're stealthy; surprise attacks/ambushes and such rather than burst of automatic fire that alert nearby guards.
Crossbows hold four shots and with decent AGI (which you'll have anyway for sneaking) you can reload their internal magazine pretty rapidly. Bows are reloaded very simply too.
They're take-down weapons rather than combat weapons. Injection darts with narcoject and such. Nothing stopping you from chucking down a paint grenade full of petrol before firing a phosphorous tipped bolt at it though if the shit hits the fan!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <10-05-15/0051:25> »
I was going with a Cyberarm for the boost in Agility to 9.  Bows are two handed weapons ?  The Pistol Crossbow I can see as single hand. 

ikarinokami

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <10-05-15/1420:21> »
isn't deltaware cyberware pretty much impossible to get?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #23 on: <10-05-15/1502:10> »

Yes and no.

You are not walking off the street to get it. But a few corporate contacts and a whole lot of butt kissing could get you access to a deltaclinic. (If your GM is so inclined)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #24 on: <10-05-15/1636:39> »
I was going with a Cyberarm for the boost in Agility to 9.  Bows are two handed weapons ?  The Pistol Crossbow I can see as single hand.
Yeah, for a bow you'd have to average your two arms for STR values and use that.
Pistol crossbow is a one-handed weapon for sure
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <10-05-15/2029:05> »
Pistol Crossbow is a 1-shot item.  Too bad it doesn't have the auto-load like the larger versions.

Soahl

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <10-06-15/0523:10> »

Yes and no.

You are not walking off the street to get it. But a few corporate contacts and a whole lot of butt kissing could get you access to a deltaclinic. (If your GM is so inclined)

Bolded for emphasis. If it's a Missions game, you're not going anywhere near Deltaware unless you've met and earned high loyalty with a very limited number of contacts. If it's a Homebrew, just ask nicely and your GM may say yes.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #27 on: <10-06-15/0910:19> »
Pistol Crossbow is a 1-shot item.  Too bad it doesn't have the auto-load like the larger versions.
Where does it say that in the rules?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <10-06-15/1134:56> »
Pg. 23 Run & Gun.  Ammo is a -

In the core book in the desc of crossbows it lists then with a 4 shot magazine. 

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #29 on: <10-06-15/1407:09> »
Pg. 23 Run & Gun.  Ammo is a -

In the core book in the desc of crossbows it lists then with a 4 shot magazine.
disagree. there's nothing in the stat block for any of the crossbows (light/medium/heavy) regarding to ammo capacity. there's nothing specific that says pistol crossbows do not obey the standard rules for crossbows at all.
if it meant that they only held one round, it would say it only held one round, exactly as the harpoon gun directly above it is written.
pistol crossbows follow the existing rules for crossbows
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor