NEWS

[SR Crossfire] High-Caliber Ops Expansion Pack

• 37 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <07-04-15/1619:08> »
From Tumblr:

You’re tougher. Meaner. Better equipped. You’ve taken on a drekload of challenges the Sixth World has thrown at you, and you’ve survived. Barely, sometimes, but that’s enough. You’re walking with a certain confidence, maybe even a little strut. You’re ready for the next thing the streets are going to throw at you.
At least, you think you are. Now you’re going to find out.
High Caliber Ops is a massive expansion for the award-winning Shadowrun: Crossfire deck-building game. How massive? How does two new character roles, more than a dozen new Black Market cards, fifty new obstacles, and a large bundle of new Karma upgrades sound? On top of that, we’ve got five brand-new missions, and a set of basic cards with new art. Taken together, you have the tools for high-powered, high-risk, high-reward shadowruns. Add High Caliber Ops to your Crossfire game to see just how much danger you can take on!
Mission Expansion Pack 1: High Caliber Ops is an expansion for the Shadowrun: Crossfire game—you need that game to be able to use it!

Wanted to give the release its own thread. Target is to have for release at GenCon 2015.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-13-15/0709:58> »
Already noted in the Crossfire forum, from FB:

Shadowrun: Crossfire High-Caliber Ops final production copy arrived. Wish we’d had it at Gen Con, but it still looks great-photos coming rnb

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-19-15/1624:57> »
Posted up in Tumblr:

Shadowrun: Crossfire Expansion
Been meaning to share this photo for a few days, but kept getting side-tracked with other hotness.
Here is the first, full-sized Shadowrun: Crossfire expansion: High-Caliber Ops. Five new Missions, more than a dozen new Black Market cards, fifty new obstacles, a whole new pack of Karma upgrades and one of my favorite parts, two new character roles in the Drone Rigger and Social Adept!

It’s inbound to our warehouse now…once it’s in hand we’ll announce a specific street date!
Randall

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #3 on: <08-19-15/1917:53> »
Will the two new classes push the "pure" out of the game I wonder. More Black Market is always a plus.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-19-15/2104:04> »
New roles for Drone Rigger and Social Adept? Sweet!  ;D

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <08-19-15/2215:30> »
Will the two new classes push the "pure" out of the game I wonder. More Black Market is always a plus.

Last time I looked they were new names for those colors and nothing else. That could have changed before final shaping version though

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #6 on: <08-20-15/0115:51> »
Last time I looked they were new names for those colors and nothing else. That could have changed before final shaping version though

It's been said for a couple months now, since at least origins, that the two new roles were going to be Hybrid Roles.  Looking at the role cards above, it looks like instead of 4/1/1/1, they do 3/3/1, and completely leave out one color.  Drone Rigger is 3 green, 3 Black, 1 Red, for example.  Should make for an interesting dynamic and shake up to the game. 

Solracd

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <08-21-15/2211:59> »
Please Please tell me this will be at DragonCon 15!!!!!

SR: Tokyo, SR Dice, Crossfire Expansions, Data Trails....can't I just sign over my house.  It would be easier.   ;)

Sol

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner

daclown

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <08-29-15/1137:52> »
Is it only a small batch printed for Pax Prime or it is the real shipment?
Like, can we hope to have it in store soon? :)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <08-29-15/1309:54> »
To be honest, not sure. I *think* it might be part of the full shipment...thought that there had been comments posted on FB along those lines. However, it might also be the "small batch" they tried to get in for GenCon. I've already got feelers out to confirm and will advise once I have more info.

Thanos007

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #11 on: <09-11-15/2111:37> »
You're not advising fast enough!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <09-11-15/2328:25> »
Patience...in the shadows, it's best to hold off until you actually HAVE the paydata ;)

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <09-22-15/1711:28> »
I had a copy in hand on the 12th. Time away from the Interwebs prevented me from sharing this info.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

daclown

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <09-26-15/0136:58> »
Seriously, no news about this expansion?
There is late and than there is late. :|