NEWS

High fashion armor

• 11 Replies

Quatar

• Omae
« on: <02-27-15/0755:15> »
Run & Gun is a really nice book, but it's really missing something: Pictures of armor. Especially high-fashion armor which is made to be looked at, and yet I have absolutely no idea what that armor is supposed to look like.

I really have no idea. Is the Armante Dress some sort of small black cocktail dress, or is it more a long elegant gown? Is Mortimer of London's Summit Dress some sort of old-fashioned/traditional dress?

I know, I can probably just go with whatever look I think fits best, but I dunno, that feels kinda cheap.

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #1 on: <02-27-15/1109:42> »
They are designed to fit several different levels of fashion, so you can see all three ideas in a single line. Just describe your armor, whatever line you prefer.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #2 on: <02-27-15/1218:51> »
Just keep in mind some things; Mortimer is classy, timeless.  Armante goes for the inspirations from other cultures, throwing in bits and pieces to accent their designs.  Vashon does your Actioneer/Synergist lines, which are plain-ole business suits, while also doing steampunk and the Aces line.  Zoe does their own (very nice) plain suit style, as well as Heritage (unlike Armante, they just rip the entire outfit from the other culture).  Nightshade/Moonsilver are pretty obviously just nice clothes with lights (and have a picture, to boot). 

Your example for Armante?  I bet they do both styles, but in different ways; maybe the cocktail dress has a mandarin collar and Asian-inspired embroidery with some kind of obi-esque accent on the waist to draw some folks, whereas their gown has a feather and bead motif in preparation for the Olympics in Seattle having a lot of NAN attendees.  There's plenty of options. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #3 on: <02-27-15/1652:16> »
You'll want to jump through the 2nd and 3rd edition books for some pictures.  Also, start browsing through the other sourcebooks - location, adventure, etc. - and look at some of the fashion there, and select what you think would be appropriate.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-27-15/2250:09> »
I would love to see the aces line in some kind of line up. Granted they do a good job explaining them, but im really curious what the Ace of Diamonds looks like. What even is Spitfire Resurrection?
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Shaidar

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <02-28-15/0045:35> »
WW2 Spitfire Pilot

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-28-15/0134:25> »
Ace of Diamonds
went into the future with designs based on the Spitfire
Resurrection trid series.

I was thinking more along the lines of X wing piolt, but i can imagine that with fancy synthetic materials and a few blinking lights for Reasons tm
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Shaidar

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <02-28-15/0511:16> »
Or quasi-Wing Commander.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <02-28-15/2349:30> »
I'm thinking some thing along the lines of a bomber jacker for ace of diamonds

« Last Edit: <02-28-15/2352:20> by Fabe »

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #9 on: <03-01-15/1045:20> »
I've always pictured a bomber jacket, but with a little bit more flair.  More zippers, a little more structure to the shoulders and waist, that kind of thing.  Unlike bombers, who generally needed the extra wool to stay warm, Spitfire pilots generally needed something with a little more room for maneuverability.  So I also see a little less thickness to the jacket.  Though I like the wool touches, so I leave them in, just not as thick.

It's actually a pretty perfect jacket for Seattle, I think.  Waterproof, warm when you need it to be, and cool when you want.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Shaidar

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <03-01-15/2147:22> »
It's only drawback is that it's length leaves your buttocks wet in all of Seattle's rain.

Sithlis

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <03-04-15/0743:14> »
I've had a soft spot for the Aces line since I first read the description.   There is just something timeless about the bomber jacket.