NEWS

Honest to god milk runs 5th ed (Usually Recruiting)

• 180 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #75 on: <02-27-15/2132:39> »
Correct me if i'm wrong, but is the long and short of this that you'd like to play a mundane pixie gunbunny with an ally spirit who grants her magical powers?

Don't get me wrong, she sounds awesome, I just feel like she needs her own campaign almost, rather than a quick slapdash thing like this, y'know? I'd kinda like to spend some actual time exploring this character, eh?
No, either an Adept Pixie gunbunny (problem is guns are too large - not by RAW, but by common sense) or a Spirit Ally gunbunny with a human or elf mage "sidekick" (problem is that spirit allys require initiation).

I'm seeing what I can do with a harvester, but I might just build a summoner and summon Guardian Spirits to go to town with. The draw to Ally Spirits is no limit on services and more skills at once, plus spells. So the Ally spirit would have Concealment, Movement, Elemental Attack and Elemental Aura, Guard and Magical Guard, the ability to cast Heal, and 12 dice (Force 6 x 2) in Automatics, Heavy Weapons, and First Aid. But, yeah, I can have the mage carry the guns around and just summon spirits as needed for largely the same effect, just more book keeping (and no Spellcasting or First Aid, but those were just nice-to-haves).

In short, I'll come up with something. I just wanted to see what was good and what was not and what I might be able to salvage from the two ideas.

You've got a LOT of leeway, so do your thing. Just know that if you come up with something TOO cool, it's gonna make me wanna do something bigger with it. :)
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Nevyn

• Chummer
  • We are all ready to be savage in some cause
« Reply #76 on: <02-27-15/2220:06> »
I have RunFaster now so will update F-P when I am slightly less exhausted. (tomorrow)

I hope you are happy with the base (base, base, no treble) so far.
speaking out loud
matrix actions/communication
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #77 on: <02-27-15/2310:11> »
I have RunFaster now so will update F-P when I am slightly less exhausted. (tomorrow)

I hope you are happy with the base (base, base, no treble) so far.

No rush dude. I like it so far. you'll be first up in the next one.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #78 on: <03-01-15/0352:02> »
Still have room?
I have a crazy fun build for rigger/decker/mage.
But for simplicity I am thinking about a Mage/Face build.
I know how to build anything but TM tough.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #79 on: <03-01-15/0936:10> »
Still have room?

from my understanding there will always be room. He is making several groups of small teams and running through speed runs. Team with the fastest time wins all the internet points!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: <03-01-15/1705:34> »
Still have room?

from my understanding there will always be room. He is making several groups of small teams and running through speed runs. Team with the fastest time wins all the internet points!

Imveros is correct.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #81 on: <03-01-15/1721:04> »
Cool ;)
Where to post the character sheet?

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #82 on: <03-01-15/1732:12> »
Cool ;)
Where to post the character sheet?

Just post the concept and a name to get on the list and once he/she has been hired, you'll post the sheet in that thread.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #83 on: <03-02-15/0039:44> »
* Zweiblumen wants all of the internet points!
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #84 on: <03-02-15/0155:08> »
Just to make it official:

I thought it would be interesting to try a Possession tradition, and aside from that, Vodou is awesome - Task spirits for manipulation, Guardian Spirits for combat, and Spirits of Man for health gives it the ideal spirit for every role. I'd swap Guidance to Detection with Water in Illusion since Guidance spirits don't have concealment - a critical power for Illusion spirits - but considering the pixie has self only concealment, it's not major for this character. Oh, and it's Charisma based, so it's golden for pixies.
That said, Possession has its limitations (needing a vessel) that will make fielding spirits a little more challenging. Also, I will be voluntarily imposing some limits on the pixie that aren't strictly RAW - no guns larger than medium pistols for one, as well as various other size limitations. Other things as they come up. Life in the human world should be challenging for a pixie. Dolly (from her doll like stature as well as the Vodou connotation) manages it with panache, but it is still not without its constant reminders.
I'm still working on the finishing touches, but I'm close enough to put my hat in the ring.

So, without further ado, I present:

Dolly
Female Pixie Vodou Summoner
Her MO is to find a convenient metahuman opponent, sneak up and knock them out with punch, then use them as a spirit vessel for whatever is needed. This can also have the added advantage of providing a "cooperative" guard, etc, since the possessed will still pass any biometric ID system. Geek the mage? You have to find her first. With concealment and her small size in addition to a reasonable sneaking pool (9 dice), she's pretty adept at not being spotted. Aside form that, she is fond of summoning Guardian spirits to use whatever weapons the unwitting accomplice had on them when they took their impromptu nap. She also takes advantage of her natural charisma with some social skills (11 dice each in negotiation, etiquette, and con).

Born on the bayou - literally, Dolly's parents were running from something. They ran all the way to Louisiana, CAS, from their home in the forests of France. Her early years were spent on the run with her parents until eventually they decided that their daughter deserved better, and called in a favor somewhere to get her a NeoNET SIN. They dropped her off with a kindly elf very nearly exactly on her 10th birthday and disappeared into the night, never to be seen again. The elf, a NeoNET wage mage, looked after her through to her adulthood. Her natural gift for magic showed in the company sponsored magical training she received through her teen years and she graduated at the top of her class, winning the attention of corporate higher ups, resulting in a scholarship to Vassar. For this opportunity, NeoNET demanded a commitment to work for them that Dolly was only too happy to make - her foster parents had been kind and loving and the company had provided her with amazing opportunities, vastly better than the life she remembered living with her real parents. Her relative uniqueness as a pixie provided her a certain amount of celebrity during her tour as a wage mage, but that paled compared to what she garnered from her various efforts to promote NeoNET as a great corporation, especially as a supporter of pixie rights - a rarity outside of the Korrigan. Her videos and blogs brought her a great deal of attention - for better and for worse - from both metahumans and other metasapients that could relate to the plight of the pixie. This eventually landed her occasional parts on Trid shows and some movies. As with all things, her moment in the spotlight waned and while she still harbors fond feelings toward the opportunities NeoNET has offered her, she has spent the last four or so years plying her trade as an independent contractor on the streets of the New Orleans sprawl.

CAS (General CAS)
Fugitive
Magical Education
Ivy League University
Corporate (Wage mage)
Celebrity
Street Magic (Street Shaman)
« Last Edit: <03-02-15/0200:25> by Malevolence »
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #85 on: <03-02-15/0516:01> »
Got an  ex- member of the Ancients, elf mystic adept I'd like to test

Are your runs rp-based or combat based?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #86 on: <03-02-15/1045:38> »
Jimmy ‘balls Edwin
Jimmy is the fruit of a forbidden love between a cooperate negotiator and a human street doctor. His only relation to his father is mysterious packages that arrive once a month with groceries fresh vegetables, clothes and more essentials. 
Growing in the streets without formal education Jimmy was always different; he was a pacifist despite growing up in a neighborhood full of crime and violence where foreigners may be harassed for almost nothing.  Unlike his childhood friends Jimmy never formally joined a gang, instead he dedicated his life to performance arts, acting, singing and dancing. His all time favorite is Orc rap, where he is quite a local sensation being a skinny elf that walks and talks like an Orc.   Jimmy spends most his evenings rapping at the camel comedy club, many gangers enjoy coming to his show and watching him skillfully trash other rappers. He is currently the local club champion and got accepted as an honorary orc.
Jimmy is ice cold, he has an almost unnatural capability to say exactly the right word at the right time. He never shows any unintentional emotion.  He earned his nickname by saving a local business owner from bone breaking violence by a massive orc ganger that did not receive his protection money on time.
What few people know is that not only he negotiated a more reasonable protection rates, he also became friends with that orc. In particular, one thing led to another and balls now works part time as a gang negotiator trying to lessen the amount of violence in his neighborhood.  Instead of cash, some businesses now pays with services and Jimmy insist that a good amount is one that allows sustainable growth for the businesses. Unlike others in the street Jimmy seems very talented in the secrets of modern economy and the growth process of a business.  His recent years of work are already beginning to show signs of improvement as the neighborhood became slightly less miserable and ‘his’ gang became more successful.
Recently, his mother and only family member alive passed away in mysterious circumstances – Jimmy is sure that she was poisoned – but non of the other street doctors could diagnosed what killed a perfectly healthy and young elf so peacefully.  In addition, the monthly packages from his dad stopped arriving making living a lot more difficult for Jimmy that was never paid for his gang consulting gig.
His current goals in life now is to find out what happened to his mother and uncover who his father really is. He believes that his father is involved, so far he knows that his father is some senior director in Ares – and with such a skillful assassination it couldn’t be any of the local gangs.

Mechanically, Jimmy is a mystic adept unaware of his awaken state. He talks so well because he has strong magical potential –all his power points are allocated towards social skills namely the cool resolve that gives him his cool temper and complete control over his emotional status.
Until he finds someone to teach him – his spells may trigger at cases extreme emotional status. Like every mundane in the streets he is strongly biased and do not trust the awakened. He already suspects being one because when he touched his mother he released a high powered heal spell that failed to save her, but physically hurt him and it took these wounds day to heal. This was his first experience with magic.  Analyzing his past – he could come up with few other times where he might have used magic – in negotiations or hiding in the street however the effect was never so deadly and he could not be sure.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #87 on: <03-02-15/1806:35> »
Are your runs rp-based or combat based?

Yes.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #88 on: <03-02-15/1950:50> »
Just to make it official:

Dolly
Female Pixie Vodou Summoner
Her MO is to find a convenient metahuman opponent, sneak up and knock them out with punch, then use them as a spirit vessel for whatever is needed. This can also have the added advantage of providing a "cooperative" guard, etc, since the possessed will still pass any biometric ID system. Geek the mage? You have to find her first. With concealment and her small size in addition to a reasonable sneaking pool (9 dice), she's pretty adept at not being spotted. Aside form that, she is fond of summoning Guardian spirits to use whatever weapons the unwitting accomplice had on them when they took their impromptu nap. She also takes advantage of her natural charisma with some social skills (11 dice each in negotiation, etiquette, and con).

Born on the bayou - literally, Dolly's parents were running from something. They ran all the way to Louisiana, CAS, from their home in the forests of France. Her early years were spent on the run with her parents until eventually they decided that their daughter deserved better, and called in a favor somewhere to get her a NeoNET SIN. They dropped her off with a kindly elf very nearly exactly on her 10th birthday and disappeared into the night, never to be seen again. The elf, a NeoNET wage mage, looked after her through to her adulthood. Her natural gift for magic showed in the company sponsored magical training she received through her teen years and she graduated at the top of her class, winning the attention of corporate higher ups, resulting in a scholarship to Vassar. For this opportunity, NeoNET demanded a commitment to work for them that Dolly was only too happy to make - her foster parents had been kind and loving and the company had provided her with amazing opportunities, vastly better than the life she remembered living with her real parents. Her relative uniqueness as a pixie provided her a certain amount of celebrity during her tour as a wage mage, but that paled compared to what she garnered from her various efforts to promote NeoNET as a great corporation, especially as a supporter of pixie rights - a rarity outside of the Korrigan. Her videos and blogs brought her a great deal of attention - for better and for worse - from both metahumans and other metasapients that could relate to the plight of the pixie. This eventually landed her occasional parts on Trid shows and some movies. As with all things, her moment in the spotlight waned and while she still harbors fond feelings toward the opportunities NeoNET has offered her, she has spent the last four or so years plying her trade as an independent contractor on the streets of the New Orleans sprawl.

CAS (General CAS)
Fugitive
Magical Education
Ivy League University
Corporate (Wage mage)
Celebrity
Street Magic (Street Shaman)

I love everything you just did there.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Byte

• Newb
  • Some say I'm crazy... I say I'm fun.
« Reply #89 on: <03-02-15/2045:33> »
You know... This "Life Module" drek is actually quite interesting... Really helped me make a lore-friendly background using a similar premise I intended.

EDIT: Of course I'd accidentally hit post while in thought...

Anyway, being a newbie I'm not entirely sure I could help with the goal of "Fastest" clear times, but I would be interested in doing as much as I can with this.

I can take up any role that might be needed for a group, so let me know if there is a type of char you'd like to see made. Otherwise, I just assume get experience with a Decker ASAP. ^.^
« Last Edit: <03-02-15/2050:04> by Byte »
"speaking out loud" (Red)
<<matrix actions/communication>> (Green)
thought (Blue)
astral (Maroon)
subvocal/whispering (Orange)
non-english (Brown)
Rambling