NEWS

Run Faster Character rebuild

• 5 Replies

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« on: <01-24-15/1135:14> »
I can't help but look at the qualities that may become missions legal 30 days after this book goes live and can't help but think how they should have been on my character since day one, so I'm curious...

Is anyone else considering starting their characters over from scratch, or am I the only one?
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <01-24-15/1837:58> »
Oh I'm sure some retconning will be allowed.  We don't know exactly which of these new qualities will be allowed though, so I wouldn't start doing it just yet.  I'm hoping that we get a new Missions FAQ soon.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-27-15/1435:40> »
My current guess is that we'll get a new Missions FAQ as soon as they announce the street date for Run Faster.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-27-15/1447:24> »
My character is 160+ karma into things, so starting over from scratch doesn't really appeal to me.  There are a ton of qualities I'd love to pick up (assuming they become legal), so worst case scenario, I'll just pay the karma.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <01-27-15/2259:06> »
As I have 190+ karma on my character, I don't exactly want to do this either, but there are qualities that really make sense at character creation, but possibly not so much after.  For instance, I would have had great use for a sensei in my characters career, but I would have needed to plan for one with my starting contacts... bit late to do that now no matter how much karma I have.

However you are correct, the qualities that would be appropriate for my character may not even be allowed, so we wait...
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #5 on: <02-10-15/1353:09> »
Discussed on Critical Glitch, Episode 32.

Discusion on Run Faster starts at around 10:30.
That's just like... your opinion, man.