IC: The Old Smoke: CH4

• 554 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #330 on: <09-29-15/0819:45> »
[spoiler]Server was down yest afternoon so apologies for late post![/spoiler]
@Profgast________
The van responded to your urge to run forwards, the gearbox dumping a gear and revving high to provide a nice kick of torque from the diesel engine.
You felt the bumpy road slip by under your wheels but you weren't surprised to see a response from your pursuers. A couple of the heat signatures stopped for a few seconds as they clambered onto blue-hued frames which suddenly flared with heat signatures of their own; given their size and shape, they could only be motorbikes of some sort.
Your options changed in a flash, it was late, you were on crap roads, didn't know the area and your pursuers were on much more nimble craft and had the upper hand on local knowledge...
They might not even be outright hostile?

@Lumen________
The three tuns was pretty busy, pre-match build up for the Man City vs Spartak Moscow in the Europa league dominated the trid as you walked in.
It smelt heavily of cigar smoke and the troll behind the bar clocked your face and pulled you a pint of ale as you walked in. They were well in with the Clerkenwells, always had been.
Paid their dues on time, every time.
<<Change of plan; Oil depot, Thunderer lane, Dagenham. Come armed and ready for a scrap. Don't be late.>>
[spoiler]You're in downtime now so if you wanna do any healing/prep/purchasing you've got a few hours. otherwise feel free to skip ahead.[/spoiler]
The old oil depot was on the boundary of Clerkenwell and Maxwell territory, You'd only been there a few times and it was usually as a staging ground before something big kicked off or as a rally point after a big bust up.
You knew it was probably going to be serious so a couple hours to yourself was a good way to get in the zone.

@Zwei_____
She nodded as she left and you pushed your way through the registrars and house officers in their blues and headed to the large elevator, absent mindedly swiping the AR terminal for the neuro wards.
The sister greeted you warmly as you headed through the double doors and up to the nurses station;
Ah, we'd been wondering when you were going to arrive. We've got some good news; your mum had a really settled night and her bloods showed good signs of stabilisation this morning. The doctors are on their way down now and will start to lift the sedation. We obviously can't make any promises, but it looks good so far. If you want to head in, they'll be along shortly.
The ward was like a different place entirely in the daytime. It bustled with activity, cleaners going to and fro, nurses answering call buzzers and the background hum of trids on in patient rooms gave the place a nice atmosphere, homely almost. The sight of a pair of physios supporting an elderley looking patient in a walking harness down the corridor highlighted your concern though, just how much damage had been done?

You pushed through the door to her room and were pleased to see an auxiliary nurse bed-bathing your mum with the help of a student. They looked up sheepishly at you as you entered, hesitantly deciding whether to stay or leave them to it;
Won't be a minute love, just wanted to get her ready for her big afternoon.
The auxiliary spoke with a warm northern accent and smiled as she pulled your mother's gown back on and tucked her sheets back in around her before leading the student out. A small speaker set had been placed on her side table and played soft music.
A half smile had wrought its way onto your mum's face, crooked though it was; the right side notably lower than the left.
You had a while to "catch up" with Mum before the docs arrived and a stern looking asian bloke in clinical uniform led a gaggle of registrars[spoiler]mid-level doctors[/spoiler] into the room unannounced.
He barely nodded at you before addressing his reg's, giving them the clinical presentation of your mother before quizzing them on various aspects of their medical knowledge of her condition and proposed treatments.
The tone was officious and they showed no level of empathy for "the patient", your mum, just pure clinical fact. No names, no personal touch. She was just a bag of meat with a problem, something about their way really griped at you, infuriating you with their lack of compassion.

@Saithor___________
You take it to that.. bastard Vory {spits on the ground} cunt and you tell him no. NO. NO DEAL.
This wasn't part of the plan... it all just registered as wrong to you. Your part of the deal had been completed and it was really unlike Callie to drop you in the shit like this, well, it had never happened before anyway...
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #331 on: <09-29-15/1138:52> »
"Umm, Mr. Valijenov, I am sorry, but I have no idea who the ...cunt...you are talking about is. This is my first experience dealing with you and the Vory." SIlas said, trying to be as polite as possible with the suddenly extremely irate busnissessman. He needed to get the hell out of here and comn Callie to find out what the hell was going on before he did the return delivery however. He thought this man was Vory.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #332 on: <09-29-15/1404:40> »
Knives gives the barman a nod and takes the pint, "Thanks mate."  At the sound of his link his head drops, "Great... what now?"  A grin spreads across his face as he reads the message.
<You got it mate.  I'll be there full of beans.>

*At least it sounds like I can get some frustration out with a tussle.* Once he's finished with his pint he pays up and heads back towards his flat.  He repacks his kit and tucks his favorite knives in their usual spot before heading out to the Oil Depot.

[Spoiler]
No healing or buying needed.  Just got to change up my loadout.  I'll post in OOC what he's bringing to the fight later tonight.
[/spoiler]
"Everything that is, casts a shadow" -Neil Gaiman.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>
Knives Chapter 4 (5th edition) OOC: Pg 93.

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #333 on: <09-29-15/2142:12> »
Well.  Bugger.

The options being limited as it was, Ena slowed down the Bulldog from its initial acceleration and jacked out of the vehicle, returning to the safer Remote control method.

"Here's where things get interesting."

As she waits for the motorbikes to catch up, Ena quickly composes a short initial scouting message with GPS location pulled from her Orientation System, grainy stills from her Flying Eye's Low light camera and fired it off to Bex as a status update (utilizing Satellite link if necessary).

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #334 on: <10-02-15/1436:56> »
@Profgast____________
Slipping out of VR felt a lot like stepping out of a warm bath into freezing cold air, the AR controls just not giving you any comparable feeling of motion.
The dish on the roof had already synced with a low geo-sat by the time you'd finished dictating the message and it sent no bother. Your van had obviously picked up on the spotty service coverage out here and done the hard-yards for you. No reply came immediately from Bex, not that you were expecting one, but the send receipt proved it had at least been delivered.
Shortly after, the sound of old-style two stroke engines rippled through their gears as they decelerated and crawled past your van, clearly inspecting it as they came level with the cab.
You did as they gestured and lowered the window.
Who are you and where you going? asked a young female elf from behind her bike helmet

@Lumen__________
Two heavy vans waited on the cracked and weed-ridden tarmac, their headlights casting long shadows over the broken surface and barely illuminating the crumbling and decrepit spars of the old Oil tanks from a bygone era of the city.
Most of the lads had been called up by the looks, they stood in a semi-circle around Mick, getting their briefing before loading up and heading out. A variety of bats, blades and rusty shooters stood by the two vans and Johnny's trusty 2x4 for was nowhere to be seen which raised your eyebrows.
Mick clocked you and your slightly-late arrival and interrupted the briefing, causing the heads of the crew to turn in your direction.
Ah, its facking twinkle toes 'imself. Glad you could fackin join us. Cam on darlin', pull up a seat, Dan 'ere'll pour ya a brew he mocked sarcastically.
As I facking said, the job tonight is simple. Maxwell's got a ship coming in. Word is that they've got a great big fucking gem of a shipment in there and it's your fackin job to get in there and make sure the fiwthy cunts get a good hiding and that that shipment makes it back 'ere to us. They've been fackin stepping on our toes for too fackin long and their about to see what fackin retribution from a bunch of 'orrible cunts like us feels like. Get in the fackin vans and smash those cunts a new one, roight?. RIGHT!!!!! bellowed the lads as they turned and headed to the vans.
You spotted Tim getting into the second van with a box of electronics and a mixture of experienced faces, "Tank" being the one most senior. You'd not had much to do with him over the years but he'd got a fierce reputation for being a bad bastard. He'd smashed his way through more than his fair share of bare knuckle rounds and he was well feared in south london where he spent most of his time.
You guessed he'd pull rank on this job.

@Saithor____________
He goes from pretty chilled to absolutely fricking ballistic in the blink of an eye, the expensive cigar discarded as he launched into a lunge over the desk
HOW DARE YOU, YOU FACKING CUNT! YOU COME IN HERE AND DARE TO GIVE ME THIS, THIS SHIT!
WHO THE FACK DO YOU THINK I AM?!?!

The bodyguard really had no idea what to do, whether to draw down his pistol and pop you to save his boss the effort, or to show total disregard for the situation and not anger his boss further. Luckily for you, it was the latter, his attention suddenly diverted to the squeal of tires and roar of engines outside.
Boss, time to move.
It cut the rant well short and seemed to snap him out of his rage, but you were worried by the sudden change in attitude and look of concern on the bodyguard's face.
He drew a battered looking snub nose revolver from inside his jacket and pushed his boss towards the door, both of them hitting the steps at pace and heading out of the back door.
The suits you'd come in with were nowhere to be seen, but you could hear a fracas erupting outside, car doors opening and slamming along with broken glass, sounds of fighting and two rythmic thumps.
A large chunk of corrugated steel flew into the warehouse and you knew what those thumps were, double barrel shotgun shells.
The taste of rusted metal and cordite filled your mouth and you knew you needed to get the fuck out of here before you got caught up in it.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #335 on: <10-02-15/1617:16> »
Taylor casts a dour look at the crowd of people treating his mother as just another number, but keeps his opinions to himself.  They know what needs to be done, he'll provide the warmth and attention she needs if they won't.  This is an exact example of why he left the force and went to the shadows.  People aren't just numbers on a tally sheet, they are individuals.  To be treated with a modicum of respect and humanity.

Shaking his head in dismay, he turns to his mother and talks with her to let her know that as distasteful as they are these people will get her back to normal before she knows it.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #336 on: <10-02-15/2025:20> »
You know what? Silas thought to himself Callie can go **** herself. She can deliver this ********* letter too. This while he ran as fast as he could for the back door, casting his invisibility spell for the third time this day. He faded from sight yet again, but he gasped as more vitality was sucked from him like an overeager teenager going after soda with a straw. He gasped and grabbed the wall as he felt his heart pund in his chest. Not now! he thought as he struggled forward at what seemed like a snail's pace to get out. The attack passed, and he tried to stop gasping for breath. Sound would give him away, and he didn't want to die, as much bravado as he had with the guy in the car earlier. Now why couldn't have he been Valijenov? Silas thought as he opened and close the door and started moving away as fast as possible while trying to make as little noise as possible.

[spoiler=ooc]Casting Force 6 Improved Invisibility hoping for some luck here. 6 hits Link: http://orokos.com/roll/330771 Resistng Drain of 5 2 hits Link: http://orokos.com/roll/330772 Stun Dmage Track 3/11 Cutting it close here[/spoiler]
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #337 on: <10-03-15/2159:41> »
Knives walks up with a lit smoke hanging from his lips and hands in his, currently dark black, greatcoat pockets.  He nods at Mick's acknowledgement then just lowers his head and kicks at some weeds piercing the tarmac when it quickly turns to ribbing.  When the others cry out to answer Mick he also barks out in unison, "RIGHT!"  *That wasn't nearly as bad as it could as it coulda been, this must be a big haul... just gotta chin up an be good solider.  If there's one thing I'm good at it's showin a Maxwell their innards.*

Following Tim, Knives heads into the second van and gives him a hardy slap on the shoulder as he takes a seat next to him.  "Oi, all right mate?"  Then he shifts his gaze to Tank and gives him a silent nod of respect.
"Everything that is, casts a shadow" -Neil Gaiman.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>
Knives Chapter 4 (5th edition) OOC: Pg 93.

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #338 on: <10-04-15/1853:33> »
Showtime

Ena puts on a relieved expression as she lowers the window.

"Ah ye've no idea how glad I am tae see people around here.  I was afraid it'd only be me an' the critters out here like they said it was.  I thought you were the 'critters before actually but then I heard the engines and I dinnae think that they can use motorcycles and…"

She's now projecting youthful, excited, breathless, and Scottish in that mile-a-minute speech way.

"… but oh you asked me what I was doin' here.  Tae be honest I'm here because I need the credit.  M'professor said if I ran this surveying errand I'd get good marks and between the two of use I really need to pass this course or m'Pa will stop givin' me pocket money.  Honestly I'm feelin' I'm in a little over my head but I really do need this and they told me it wouldn't be that difficult except for maybe…"

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #339 on: <10-05-15/1610:34> »
@Profgast________
Maybe what? This isn't a free territory for you swanky-ass academics to go sniffing around in you know.
[spoiler]Negotiation test please[/spoiler]

@Lumen_______
You crawl past a couple of the big lads and take a seat at the back of the van next to Tim.
Alright knives! How're you doing? Finally got a big haul mate. cracked into one of those Maxwell tosser's commlinks the other day. though ee couldn't be eard!!
Mick was well chuffed. Hope there's summat decent on that boat! You get that swanky bloke you were after?

Tank nods at you in return and signals with a little finger and thumb extended, the old universal sign for a phone call. You opened up a comm-call with him as he headed to the first van, his heavy cockney accent coming through loud and clear.
Awright mate? You head up the lads from the second van yeah? we'w secure the dockside and draw them fackers attention whilst you take the boat. We'w follow you up once the dock is owrs.
Quick blast, grab the good shit and then back in the vans before their lads come down and ave a look-see eh?

@Saithor_______
The sound of the heavy steel door slamming at the front signalled Valjenov's departure and you moved towards it, heart racing and head spinning as the effort of knitting the mana into form drained you of energy.
You just about held it together, opening the door gingerly as two more rythmic thuds went off behind the building, followed by the squeals of further tires from the front.
Peeking your head through the doors you could see an expensive looking car kicking up dirt on the way up to the main road (heading left) and a scrubby yard extending some 20 metres out to the chainlink fence with a hole in it where a gate had once been for cars.
Derelict warehouses surround the badly maintained road/track that runs from your left to right and the sounds of fighting begin to abate behind you.

@Zwei_______
The docs adjusted a few bits of machinery, emptying and refilling auto-givers their drug payloads and quizzing on recovery times, contra-indications of various medications and such as they went.
The consultant turned to you as they left;
Should see if we get a result within an hour, nurses are the ones to call. Bye!
The next hour was a frought one, several nurses and a registrar checking in to take observations and monitor for signs of wakefulness.
A student came in and fitted a set of trodes to your mum and hooked it up to what appeared to be an incredibly top-end link, slaving it's feed to her med-tablet before passing it over to one of the senior nurses.
Your mum's eyes flickered and her hands twitched, gently at first, but after nearly two hours, they picked up in strength and deliberation. Well, one did anyway; the left arm stayed low with only the fingers twitching.
The right moved up her body, clasping at things, seemingly at random; exploring her environment.
Her eyes remained shut but the nurses came in, alerted by the flashy monitors' change in tone.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #340 on: <10-05-15/1630:31> »
Runnign would give away his perception at that point, and they would be after Valijenov, so Silas started walking down the road to the right, as quietly as he could. At the same time he opened up his comnlink and sent a message to Callie. Time to find out what the hell was going on.

>>To: Callie
>>I delivered the message, Valijenov signed it, and told me to return it, when I asked him who to, he freaked out, looked like he was abut to kill me until somebody came and started shooting up his warehouse. Could you mind filling me in on what the hell is going on? I don't want to die not knowing what on earth for.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #341 on: <10-05-15/1635:26> »
@Saithor_______
That disease affecting your noggin? It isn't obvious?! Looks like your "negotiation" errand was a stalling tactic for an ambush, Romanians got screwed and now our names are part of the story. Get the fuck out of there, now. I've got a safehouse up north, I recommend you take me up on the offer.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #342 on: <10-05-15/1841:06> »
Silas growled at Callie's insult. He'd almost had it with his fixer. She had never been this bad before. What the hell was she taking out on him?

I'm making my way out, invisible. Can't go to fast, too much noise is going to clue these people in. Where's the safehouse, or do you want to meet at one of the coded locations? Line might not be secure.

There ambushers might have brought a hacker along, and Silas didn't trust anything electronic at the moment, not after his weirdly acting soy processor. The "coded locations" were a thing Callie had set up, nicknames fro locations that nobody else was suppsoed to know but her and here runners. One of the reasons he liked working for her.
« Last Edit: <10-05-15/1842:44> by saithor »
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #343 on: <10-06-15/0119:48> »
"Please Miss, ye gotta let me through.   I swear I'll be in and out ye won't hardly know I was here!"

[spoiler]11d6.hits(5)=1 1 Hit.  Garbage roll, 1 short of a glitch, whew…

Edge to reroll Misses:
10d6.hits(5)=2 3 Hits total.[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #344 on: <10-07-15/1726:59> »
@Saithor_________
A note in her voice quivered, long enough for you to notice something was up.
Meet me at frankfurt 1 in an hour. We'll regroup and plan a move from there. Stay safe
You'd already cycled through frankfurt 1, that was from several months ago and related to a safehouse in the docklands, about a ten minute run from where your link said you were at right now. Whatever was going on, it probably wasn't good.....

@Profgast_________
She thinks about it long and hard before replying [spoiler]6d6.hits(5)=2 you win by 1 net hit[/spoiler]
Look, I'll cut you a deal. This road doesn't pay for itself. giz' a hundred quid and you can go about your business. just don't cause any shit alright or you're a dead girl
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor