NEWS

Recruitment Thread: Artifacts Unbound - Bounty Hunt [PbP 4.5 ed]

• 19 Replies

Sincereagape

• Chummer
« on: <11-26-14/1003:00> »
Greets,

I am looking to run a short PbP story over the next few months.  It will be a slower moving game, at least initially due to the holidays, school, work, and wedding preparation (Thinking a post on my half every two weeks or so, at least through January).  A few notes...

1.) It will be a SR 4th edition 20th A game.
2.) I am looking for 3-4 players [No Technomancers, just for simplicity sake].
3.) It will be a bounty hunting mission, thus the characters will have to be able to do this type of job in a moral sense. (I don't want to have to deal with 'why will my character take this job' type scenario.')
4.) You may port characters from other PbP or pencil and paper home games into this story (Including karma they have earned).  They must be based off the 400 BP system and when submitting a character sheet, please provide a breakdown of how you spent each BP and if the character has earned Karma, how you spent the karma.
5.) No SURGE characters.
6.) I will ask the PCs to come up with a story about how their characters would potentially know each other.  (It will be easier and flow with the story if someone of the members have worked together or know of each other through reputation.  Trying to avoid the 'we all meet for the first time.')
7.) Not planning for a long campaign, just a short "simple" job.
8.) The setting will be Hong Kong 2073.  Shortly after the events of Dawn of the Artifacts 'Dusk' adventure supplement.

If you are interested please reply or PM with any questions.  First 3-4 characters that are approved will be apart of the story.

Thanks!

Updated Potential Roster

1.  Necrogigas - Naga/Unarmed/Infiltraton - Adept.
2.  Isane - Combat hacker
3.  Hydro Raven - Awakened/Support.
4.  Slip - sniper adept or shaman/ face --combat illusion

Deadline
- Setting a deadline of December 6th for character sheets with a December 7-9 as the time of the first story posts.
« Last Edit: <11-28-14/2059:15> by Sincereagape »
Narrative
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

pbangarth

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <11-26-14/1201:18> »
I've always wanted to see if I could make a Free Spirit PC work with the 400 BP system.  Everybody says it is a nerfed PC in the BP system, but I think it just requires some creativity and careful play.

Maybe one of the other PCs could have summoned this particular spirit before it broke free.  So, same Tradition, same ethos, etc.

I'm new on this forum.  I've only played PbP on Dumpshock.  (Yeah, I'm the pbangarth you played with there.  Don't know if that is a good or bad thing!)  Where would you do it?

Sincereagape

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <11-26-14/1232:55> »
Hey P!  I remember you. Hope you have been well. I'm not sure if I am comfortable having a free spirit as a PC in the game so I am going to have to say no free spirits as a player character.

Would still love to have you apart of the game, just as something else.
Narrative
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-26-14/1546:38> »
Would you allow me to play a naga?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Sincereagape

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <11-26-14/1713:14> »
@Necrogigas - Good question. I would consider drakes, shapeshifters, sapient critters, and infected characters.  Just send me a character background and concept -- then we'll go from there. 
Narrative
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Isane

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <11-26-14/2328:48> »
I'm pretty interested, slower games fit my schedule pretty well.  Got some character ideas floating around, and would most likely be a street sammy / infiltrator of sorts.  Any restrictions on books or optional rules going on for character creation?
"Speech"  'Thought'   <Matrix>

Sincereagape

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <11-27-14/1034:59> »
@Isane -  all of material is up for grabs, however much like Crossbows game I value story and concept over statistics. I don't mind maximization as long as there is a story behind it.  And for every unbalanced quality trait or dice pool there should be a flaw to balance it out. For example if you have type o system there might be a corp hunting you in order to into a cyber zombie. Or if you have a dice pool of 20 in pistols you may have a rival that is looking to prove their worth by taking the character out.

Thus there should be a story and concept to go along with the stats
Narrative
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <11-27-14/2342:17> »
I would love to be considered as well. Depending on the team, I was thinking about making an awakened character specializing in support stuff, with just a little bit left for tracking/ritual.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Sincereagape

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <11-28-14/0812:23> »
Thanks for showing interest HydroRaven.  Awakened Support def works for the run.  I updated the potential roster in the original post.  We have enough to possibly start the game upon character sheet approval, and have room for one more and possibly an alternate or two.

Cheers,
Agape
Narrative
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <11-28-14/0842:09> »
The concept would be a character that awakened later than others around him, thus resulting in him being an outcast. As a result, he developed in a supportive role. He has a chip on his shoulder, always trying to get noticed and recognized, even after coming to peace with his past. He will be a chaos mage, but raised in a voodoo setting.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Isane

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <11-28-14/1141:33> »
Ah, Necro was planning on focusing on unarmed?  That's what I was thinking, full cyberlegs with foot anchors/magnetic systems and a specialization in kicking.  Overlap wouldn't be too fun, so I might actually rework my concept into a combat hacker if I can figure out a way to stop slamming my head against the brick wall that is BP build...
"Speech"  'Thought'   <Matrix>

slip

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <11-28-14/2008:51> »
I'd be interested if you have room for one more.  I've got a shaman/face focused on combat and illusions, or if that isn't a good fit, I have a sniper phys ad I can pull out.

Sincereagape

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <11-28-14/2104:28> »
@Slip - we do have room for one more. I added you to the roster list.

I am setting a deadline of next Saturday December 6th as character sheet deadline and the following days for introductory posts.

Ooc thread will be up mid week and after characters become approved the will be posted there with spoiler tags.  So far there has been one submission of a sheet. Very encouraged
Narrative
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

slip

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <11-30-14/1622:28> »
Here is a link to a preliminary sheet for my shaman.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B52udNdcIshWcDJib3VqQTE5ak0/view?usp=sharing

pbangarth

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <12-01-14/2218:03> »
Well, quick off the mark, but then fell into a pit.  Sorry I missed the chance to play.  Keep me in mind and I will check in on occasion to see how things are.  Probably an email would catch my attention quickly.  Here's a little vignette for the guy I've been (slowly) working on.
#####

“So what the fuck is it? Whadda ya wanna show me?”

“Not here, dickwad. Around the corner, in the alley, so’s no one can see.”

The two Halloweeners duck into the darkness behind the bar where both had drunk their fill. The smaller one, Skank, scans both ways up and down the street to be sure no one is near. Satisfied, he reaches into his jacket and pulls out a small rod that reflects the street lights with a metallic glint. “Check it out, Lance.” He whispers. “It’s a platinum credstick!”

“Fuck off, Skank. Where would you get sumpin like that?”

“I’m cuttin’ through the back of one of them fancy restaurants downtown when this old guy in a white suit steps out and starts pissin’ on the wall. Beats me why he didn’t use the bathroom, but he’s havin’ a grand old time till I decides to shiv him and check for his watch and stuff. That’s when I found this! I booked it outta there right away and checked it out a couple a blocks later. And know what I found?”

“Whut?”

“One hundred and seventy five fuckin’ thousand nuyen! That’s what. This thing is a gold mine!” Skank can’t contain his glee and starts hopping from one leg to the other.

Lance twirls and pumps his arms wildly. “You lucky sonofabitch! Party time!”

“Damn right, Lance. But you’re sayin’ it to the wrong guy,” a voice from the dumpster behind them exclaims. Mouths agape the two gangers turn to meet face on two bursts of automatic fire. The Halloweeners fetch up against the dirty brick wall and spoil the graffiti with their blood.

Before they finish slumping to the ground, Willie snatches up the credstick and, still chewing on the fried chicken leg he found a moment ago, dials up the street doc he met yesterday.

“What’d I tell ya, doc? Somethin’ came up, and I’m ready to deal. See ya in half an hour.”
#####