NEWS

Lullabye & Goodnight (IC)

• 794 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #270 on: <12-16-14/1921:08> »
The lady of the mask looked even unhappier about the situation, even her training was enough to completely hide all of her anxiety. "I'm not a combat mage though.." she mused to herself. In a long while this was the most vulnerable she'd been. And she hated it. The guys with guns could at least go down in a hail of bullets, thinking they could kill the beast with enough hot lead. Mages could blast the thing with spells, bind it in rituals. But her.. She had none of that. Just a small little pea shooter and not even a full clip of knock-out bullets.

She knew stories of monsters and demons. Fairy tales of her youth. How werewolves were killed by silver bullets. Sunlight turned vampires to ash. The simple things in all honesty, the things everyone knew. Nothing, no matter what it was, could be completely unaffected by the physical world. After all.. the creature had to actually grab her to pick her up. It could affect the real world, the real world should be able to do the same. This ritual thing was only one way.. The way of mages.

"Does this thing only hunt at night or in the dark?" she asks, creatures like this almost always had a sun allergy. The big ol'ball of flame up in the sky kept back the night, for it was full of terrors. At least as far as she knew according to pop-culture monster videos.

Meanwhile within her head..

<<Master, I think I've gotten into something big. Bad big. Something nasty has found me and marked me.. Nothing I know of yet has trained me for an enemy I cannot trick, hide from, or talk to... However, I believe the secret may lie in its weaknesses.>>

She ends out a quick message to Faux Paw, the phantom thief mentor of hers.
« Last Edit: <12-16-14/2059:09> by Triskavanski »
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #271 on: <12-16-14/2148:42> »
Arc focused as best she coud on her driving, allowing herself the slightest smirk of admirational amusement at the old she-ork's quick and violent tongue, subtly shaking her head in surprise at some of the words.  The derision and the beratement were slow to wear on her, simply responding to each criticism without a word, though as they approached Godra's "home", one could notice that her jaw had been set, her motions having just a bit of rough tension to them as she helped them up.  It was clear she needed the smoke while they took care of business.  In the distance, she spotted the huge blissedout troll, raising a brow.  There's street trash, and then there's comic street trash...frag, I didn't think the latter existed.  She practically choked on ash when Duck clocked her in the jaw, hearing the solid hit from where she sat.  "Dayumm..." she mouthed as they started to head back, dusting off her smoke and smashing the butt with her heel on the ground and helping them into the car. 

She raised a brow as Duck got in the passenger seat...a first in her brief knowing of him.  Shrugging it off, she drove off without a word, the resultant comm steeling her nerves as she acknowledged it with a brief nod.  During the drive, she only did one thing that wasn't drive, and that was silently sending off a message...to the Howler head, Lupo, giving him the pleasure of a persona message..

<<Message to: Lupo
<<Hoi.  Heard you all had a party last night.  Went out with a real bang.  Heard the murders kept coming though.  So if you don't want me to spread around what kind of fraggin' blowhard yahoos y'all really are, we need to talk.  I'm lookin' for a story that needs tellin', and I"m willin' to even offer a null on all dues y'all have neglected to pay me if it's good.  Hell, I might even lend ya's a chance of fraggin' redemption, as if you deserved it.  You know how to reach me~

Sending that off, she stopped the car outside Zip's place, watching the proud she-ork leave.  Frowning, she stared until she was out of side before slowly pulling away, waiting for Duck to break the silence...

After a few blocks, Duck lets out an audible sigh of relief, turns to Arc and says, "Holy fucking shit, that was rough! Ok, now we're going back to your place to change clothes before it's time to meet the shark. But first..." He reaches into the inside pocket of his blazer, removes a spliff and lights it. After hitting it a couple times, he offers it to Arc. "You fraggin KILLED it back there, girl! Master of the theater, you are! I owe you somethin HUGE!"

She paused for a bit, eyeing the spliff.  To date, she has always turned down his Zen, but after having to hold her tongue for that extended amount of time had put her more than a little on edge, any quick glance from the ork would notice that.  "nnh...ah what the hell, frag it~"  Taking the spliff, she put it to her lips and hit the Zen, breathing deep and holding the smoke in for a second, feeling the burn before letting it out in a puff of smoke, coughing a few times.  She blushed a little at his praise, smirking and easing back into her seat, taking another puff before passing the spliff back.  She blinked slowly, feeling the gentle haze of the Zen come over her as she rounded a corner, driving easy.  "heh...Frag, Skraacha, it's null sweat.  Least I could do to help out a chummer, and don't give me no drek about it, wiz?  Also..remind me not to ever piss of your mama, or family for that matter...Frag, she can talk.  What was that she was saying about a decomposing pile of afterbirth, thrice regurgitated by devil rats only to be smothered in two-year-old ghoul drek?!"

She laughed, heartily with Duckdown as the drove, the short stocky human's growling stomach interrupting their banter as she blushed again, grinning.  "Hold up, quick stop before home...my treat, and I ain't hearing no arguments from you, aight omae?"  Diverting through traffic, she pulled up to a local Nukit Burgers, ordering more than a decent helping for the both of them and paying casually with her credstick.  She turned to Duck after hearing some comment of her rather...unusual choice of grub for a girl, to which she gave a punch to the arm.  "Hoi, you expected a salad?  What do yeh fraggin' take me for, some dandelion-chomping keeb?"  She winked, grabbing the bag of greasy, vaguely reminiscent of meat-like chow and tossing it to him.

Along the drive home, with the sound of the five-o-clock rush approaching, she gave a little sigh, recalling the message Red sent.  "hoi...I gots some new info, omae.  That breeder Red mentioned of some incident what happened just  a month before the fraggin' murders started...some kinda violent act, left a little girl survived.  Now get this: she was laughing uncontrollably the whole while.  Ain't got nothin' more than that, but if there's violence in this 'hood, you and I both know the Ancients have a good chance of knowin' it.  Drek, if they didn't take part.  What do you think, your contact with them might know stuff?"  Listening to his thoughts, she rounded a corner, approaching home.

[Arc's Garage Home, Barrens,Seattle.  5:18 PM]

Upon arrival to her home, Arc pulled up into her garage, shifting it to park and killing the engine automatically.  Scratching the back of her head, she got out of the car and led Duckdown inside.  "Aight...think we got some time, so uh..frag it, make yourself at home, I'ma go change.."  Upon entering her living room, she smacked her head at the clutter she left...she wasn't used to company.  Hastily shoving debris off her couch, she distractedly strode off to her room, casually tugging her blouse up off her without realizing Duck may have been right behind her before disappearing behind a closed door.  Whoops.  Better blame the Zen.
« Last Edit: <12-16-14/2335:20> by SgtBoomCloud »

Tamesh

• Newb
« Reply #272 on: <12-16-14/2300:16> »

@ Red  >>Hello Tanya, I was hoping you would be able to obtain the material components needed for this ritual while I teach the professor it's verbal & somatic components. Specifically we'll need 4 drams of Angel's Tears, 1 dram of dust from an evil crossroad, 1 uncia of iron from a prison, and 1 blessed symbol weighing at least 2 quadran's. If you're able to get that it would save time. If not I'm sure they can be obtained tomorrow.<< 

Red has to re-read that message a couple times. These Awakened can't ever make anything easy, can they? She has to look up those units of measurement, and even then she's not entirely sure what she's after. Still, she sends a reply.

"Not sure if I'll be able to get my hands on all of this, but I'll see what I can do. Is 'Angel's Tears' a technical term, by the way? Need to make sure I'm getting the right things.

Before she heads out the door to get to work, she sends a message to Arc and Khali.

"I got a shopping list for the ritual. Looks like voodoo nonsense to me, but maybe you'll make some sense of it. Dust from an 'evil' crossroads, something called 'Angel's Tears,' a little bit of iron from a prison, and a blessed symbol. If either of you have either of those other Awakend's comm numbers it might be worth forwarding this their way. I'm going to try and get the holy symbol first. At least that one makes some sense."

With that, she heads over to her motorcycle and checks the Grid for the nearest mosque, church, temple, or other religious site that might be worth paying a visit to.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #273 on: <12-17-14/0637:00> »
@ Masquerade  The prof. looks at you. "You are absolutely correst in thinking this thing has a weakness. And it is entirely probably that at least one of them is indeed sunlight. But, since it must be sunlight itself, and not just bright light, I don't think that is going to be able to help us. And I most earnestly hope that this thing does not survive long enough to find out its other weaknesses."
It takes 21 minutes for Faux Paux to answer you. >>Every enemy has a weakness. Most especially the supernatural kind have weaknesses. It's just a matter of finding it.<<
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #274 on: <12-17-14/0928:19> »
Masqurade gave a rather blank look, frowning again. She was going to need UV light.. That should do the trick to blast the creature into itty bitties. It was more than bright light after all. "I need UV grenades."

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #275 on: <12-17-14/1236:54> »
@ Red  There are three places, almost equidistant. One a temple, the other a mosque, and a wiccan coven that's advertising a fertility ritual of blessing tonight. But, the temple is at least closer to other places to try if it proves to be a dead end.

@ Masquerade  The prof looks a bit surprised, "Yes, UV grenades might just work! Most of these things do have at least some sensitivity to sunlight after all"

@ Arc  >>Little bit 'o breeder trash think she see what up. Think she got the right to say drek. Think she all dat cause Howlers through her a little biz so her thrice-vomited hide get ta eat. It be Howler name what keep her safe at night, an keep that piss-hole she sleep in off the target list fer every pox-slotted drek-head what need a fix. You say you null MY debt, You owe me every drop o' the sludge in your veins. Howler redemption come when we own every inch 'o the city. Not from some breeder trash think she be seeing more than the sewage she got her head down in. You think you know summpin, you come around tonight an tell it, An maybe it be enough ta keep ya in Howler territory and Howler good graces.<<

@ Feathers  FInally the prof nods his head, "Good, you're ready for this."
« Last Edit: <12-17-14/1551:06> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #276 on: <12-17-14/1314:15> »
feathers joins the prof and ladles out a portion of the now-cold stew, grabbing a hunk of the crusty bread to dunk in it.
It had been a long day, a weird one too. He'd set out to hear about a job and ended up with a cause.
he was knackered too, it had been a long time since he'd had to concentrate so hard and for so long.
Even cold, it was still delicious.
So what happens next?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Tamesh

• Newb
« Reply #277 on: <12-17-14/1733:50> »
@ Red  There are three places, almost equidistant. One a temple, the other a mosque, and a wiccan coven that's advertising a fertility ritual of blessing tonight. But, the temple is at least closer to other places to try if it proves to be a dead end.

The temple seems like a good first stop, if not only because it's the closest. She lets the Grid do its job and take her there, hoping she might be able to pick up a menorah or something in time for the Hannukah season.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #278 on: <12-17-14/1828:58> »
@ Feathers  "Next you get with as many people as you can that can handle this job and you plan out who is doing what, when and where. You'll need people who can track the trail back to the mage while resisting the urge to enter into astral combat, You need that because until you have that thing bound and under attack any attack on it's link is going to have it harring back to it to defend it, and they are far, far more dangerous together. You get combat mages commited to killing it, and I say combat mages because you need mages who won't wet themselves and run when it appears. And they need to be committed to killing it no matter who dies around them, and they will die around them. This fight is to last creature standing and you just hope it's someone on your side. You need guys who can track that mage even in the sewers and that isn't to terribly many, even in the 'hood they draw the line there. And since the mage isn't the only thing down there that they're going to face they need to be able to kill very silently and very efficiently because he can't be warned you're coming. Again, hard to find in the 'hood where they kill in passion and anger. Yes, you can get guys who'll run in angrily because they've lost someone. You need guys that can walk carefully and kill in cold-blood so that they can get close to their target. And then It's going to be a waiting game. You need to wait for when that thing is weakest, because that's when it'll come out to hunt. And it'll come for the prey it's already marked so that it doesn't need to waste time hunting for a proper target as it undoubtedly has criteria for it's food. According to Bernie it was on an 5 day cycle, except this last kill was 3 days. The jump means that it's stronger. The next kill will be 3 days from the last, so in 2 days. That gives you tomorrow to cast and go through a dry run. Keep your bait very, very close, and keep a good eye on her. You won't have any other way of drawing it to your circle, which means no other reliable way of killing it. Make sure she knows that if she runs it kills her, period, and even knowing that she may still bolt and try to get away. Fear is not rationale. There is also a small chance that it can use her in the fight. Doubtful, but it's there, so you need to be prepared for it. It's a lot to plan and prepare in just 1 day. But that's all you'll have because Bernie and his boys will no doubt be here in a week, and if you don't succeed the first time. You won't have the manpower left for a second attempt. and worse, much worse, you and the blood of all those helping you will power it to the point of enabling it to go on a killing spree. And then Fiends and Foul Magics will be fully justified in their brand of "fix"."

@ Red  >>Yes Angel's Tears are a technical term. TY for clarifying.<<
« Last Edit: <12-18-14/0034:23> by ismilealot »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #279 on: <12-17-14/2007:19> »
"Then we do what you do with rats. Poison its food supply.. Tainted food is often worse than no food." she nods, "Though we have to figure out its poisons.. and great. one day to live, that is wonderful, absolutely wonderful. Would you have any cleaning supplies in your place? Perhaps some high grade chemicals?" Helping with the ritual wouldn't help her at all.. She needed her poisons and toxins.. This time she was making an exception to her normal no-kill rules as well.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #280 on: <12-17-14/2141:48> »
[Arc's Garage home, the Barrens, 5:23 PM]

It wasn't long after she shut the door behind her, blouse discarded on her bed, that Arc's commlink blipped, pulling up the message from Red.  Taking a seat on her bed, she pulled it up and read..

"I got a shopping list for the ritual. Looks like voodoo nonsense to me, but maybe you'll make some sense of it. Dust from an 'evil' crossroads, something called 'Angel's Tears,' a little bit of iron from a prison, and a blessed symbol. If either of you have either of those other Awakend's comm numbers it might be worth forwarding this their way. I'm going to try and get the holy symbol first. At least that one makes some sense."

Frowning at the nonsense she was reading, she gave a little nod, giving aquick reply and punching a quick message to send off to Arachnid along with Red's commcode, wherever the drek he was.

<<Message to: Red
<<Gotcha, I'll pass it along

<<Message to: Arachnid
<<Hoi.  Wherever the frag you are, if you want in on this takedown op of Ghosty McSmileyhoop, I got stuff for yeh. Check this out:
<<attached: <commcode "Red">, <message chain: Arc-Red>

Satisfied that she passed the info along properly, she gave a smirk and resumed undressing out of her nice clothes.  As she was about to free herself from her jeans about her ankles, she was assaulted by the autoplay feature of Lupo's demanding vocal message, falling over onto the floor with an audible yelp.

@ Arc  >>Little bit 'o breeder trash think she see what up. Think she got the right to say drek. Think she all dat cause Howlers through her a little biz so her thrice-vomited hide get ta eat. It be Howler name what keep her safe at night, an keep that piss-hole she sleep in off the target list fer every pox-slotted drek-head what need a fix. You say you null MY debt, You owe me every drop o' the sludge in your veins. Howler redemption come when we own every inch 'o the city. Not from some breeder trash think she be seeing more than the sewage she got her head down in. You think you know summpin, you come around tonight an tell it, An maybe it be enough ta keep ya in Howler territory and Howler good graces.<<

She paused, eyes flaring wide as the message ended, jaw set as she grew livid, flashbacks of her rather...tumultuous upbringing racing through her head.  She remained silent for a moment before an explosion of rage echoed from her room.  "..Son of a low-down, hoopslotting, vut fragging, huurlg swilling, Ken'rohodo, KULUN BOT'TURGMA AH BUUNDA!"  A crashing sound was heard next of something heavy getting tossed across the room, followed by other strings of unintelligible shouts and slightly intelligible strings of expletives in a mix of English and Or'Zet.  Eventually they died down into several other minutes of silence, the underwear-clad human sitting against the wall, implants burning from the outburst as she calmed down.  Jutting out her jaw, she stood up abruptly, sending off a reply in her persona with a restrained voice, keeping it to the facts.

<<Message to: Lupo
<<Midnight.  Parking lot behind the Skeleton.  You know the place.

Rubbing her eyes, she glanced back at the door to where Duckdown was beyond.  Well...tit for tat, I guess...I go to his meet, he goes to mine.  Terrible date options really, heh~ she laughed at herself for that little joke, shaking her head.  But she could use the help, and wouldn't mind his.  That being said, she knew that going even as a duo to a Howler meet is just plain stupid.   So standing up again, she fired off a group message in her warrioress persona

<<Message to: Raven, Red, Khali, Arachnid, Feathers, Duckdown
<<Hoi.  So I'm meeting up with the Howlers tonight, following Red's lead and maybe even convincing aid...unlikely, but miracles can happing, eh?  Frag.  I don't expect things to go south, but this IS the Howlers we're talking about, and I would consider it extremely wiz for some support at the meet.   If you're in, the meet is at Midnight tonight at the Skeleton, that bar by Sportsman park east of Touristville.  I can pickup some if need.  Let me know, and come armed.

With that matter finished, she gave a sigh before rubbing her eyes, slipping on a pair of camoflauge cargo pants and a gray tanktop, hair ruffled a little as she rejoined Duckdown in the living room.  "you can either listen to the fraggin' message or ask me directly.  Drek, This will be a night..."

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #281 on: <12-18-14/0158:11> »
 [Friday 13:00]
@ Masquerade >>You know I do.<<Faux Paux answers, "Swing by, and we'll work up something nasty.<<
« Last Edit: <12-18-14/0202:33> by ismilealot »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #282 on: <12-18-14/0908:48> »
She blinks as someone else sends her a text.

<<Come and get me. I've got a face in the howlers I can use.. >>

Ah yes, of course. She might be able to call in an army of gangers, with as much information as she knows on them its highly possible she could blackmail a number of them, after of course she recruits people more nicely.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #283 on: <12-18-14/2139:21> »
Arc blinked as a message came to her  quickly, stopping in her tracks as she peeked around the living room quickly.  Huh...no sign of Duck...weird..  Shrugging, she slumped back against the wall and pulled up the message.

<<Come and get me. I've got a face in the howlers I can use.. >>

Smiling, the relieved human shook her head and let out her breath, hmming quietly as she punced in a new message to send to the enigmatic face-shifter.

<<Message to: Raven
<<Tell me where you are gonna be at around 10:30 tonight.  Duck's got a meet with the Ancients that needs dealt with first.  Low-key.  I'll pick you up in time for the Howlers, null sweat.  Thanks a million, Rave`~

Satisfied, she sent the message off, looking around for the tall skinny ork that had gone missing since she went to go change...

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #284 on: <12-19-14/1412:27> »
[Redmond Barrens, Seattle, Arcs Garage, 5:20 PM]

Duck had the blazer off before Arc had finished opening the door, and as soon as they're inside, he starts taking off the turtleneck. "Fuck, I hate this thing. Least it aint a tie though." Once it's off, he casts a strange figure indeed. Combat boots, brown dress slacks, armor vest over bare torso, and topped all off with a geeky corper lookin ponytail, which the tall ork is angrily working out of his hair with both hands right now, grunting and swearing as he does. He walks toward a ratty, cigarette burned grey couch which sits off to the side of the garage against the far wall, dragging his clothes behind him as he does . "Aight, we got that meet with Blindside in sum like four hours?" The lack of sleep is starting to become obvious in his posture and tone. He sits down and loosens his vest straps a bit before removing the Ingram from its concealed holster, popping the clip out, and setting it above his head on a shelf mounted near the couch. Then, he lays down, stretches out, groans loudly, and speaks one more line to Arc with his eyes closed before falling asleep. "Get me up in like, three and a half. i can jump up and walk right out the door."
« Last Edit: <12-19-14/1440:57> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english