NEWS

[IC] Truth or Dare

• 89 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« on: <11-21-14/0028:42> »
It’s a Thursday, yet another evening in our headquarters in Fort Lewis. The youngest member, bnc, hast just joined the runner group a month ago and we finished our first mutual run just last weekend. We’re sitting around in the living room, drinking a bit and listineng to movies, when the party’s teenager comes up with an idea.
„Let’s get to know each other a bit,“ she says and grabs a bottle. „Let’s play a game of Truth or Dare.“ She smirks provocatively. „Who’s in?“
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <11-21-14/0137:56> »
"You do know that with shadowrunners it's always dare and never truth, right?"
Torrent was actually watching the movie playing in trideo but the rest of the team knew that he'd probably watched it half a dozen times already.
« Last Edit: <11-21-14/0202:52> by Sabato Kuroi »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <11-21-14/0301:31> »
"That depends on the Truth, the Dare and the runner. And on how long this runner wants to stay alive. I don't know much about shadowrunning, but I know a lot about psychology. And both say: A team that can't trust each other is not going to stay a live team very long."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <11-21-14/0406:03> »
Now Torrent  turned away from the trid, all boredom gone from his voice.

"And what does trust have to do with truth my beautiful one?You only trust what you think you know.You can trust that a fellow teammate will cover your lovely  buttocks, that he will stick with the plan once the bullets and the wild  mojo start flying... what use is there for stories of favorite childhood pets and memories of family tragedies in our line of profession?"
« Last Edit: <11-21-14/0435:22> by Sabato Kuroi »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <11-21-14/0525:10> »
"Who said I was goi..." bnc than decided to drop her oh-so-clever answer and takes up that kinky smile of hers.

"Well, even if it's not saving my ass, I guess it might be fun to know at which age you had your first oral. And I don't mean exam. If you're shy, there's still a whole lot of Dare that might be fun, sweetheart.

Who else is in for a game?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #5 on: <11-21-14/1419:49> »
Kresto was busying himself at a table near the back of the room, idly watching the trid, a bottle of what humans call beer on the table while his hands were at work, his Ares Crusader field-stripped before him.  He almost didn't hear bnc pipe up as he was cleaning the gun barrel, perking up when Torrent gave a response.  "Hm..." he muttered quietly to himself, a small smirk crossing his features.  What are you up to....  He shook his head, clearly amused as he set down the Crusader barrel, cracking his neck.

"I am unfamiliar with this game, but you two suggest it to be simple enough.  Like a game of, how do you say...cracking the ice?  Very well, if this is how we will be spending this evening, then how can I refuse?  I am in"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <11-21-14/1602:43> »
"Krestov?Now that I want to see! Ok kid, try your worst."

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <11-21-14/1631:29> »
Slobbertooth wandered into the trid room from the kitchen with the sandwich he had spent the last 15 minutes preparing. It wasn't a very complicated or ornate sandwich, he just wasn't particularly skilled at food prep. He was still wearing his armor jacket. It'd kept him warm those first few weeks out on the streets after he left the Armstrong home, and it helped him feel safe and not that far from his adoptive family. He told people he wore it because he was always looking for a fight. Orks aren't supposed to have soft sides.

"Eh, whatever, I'm in. Just don't expect me to not speak with my mouth full."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <11-23-14/0610:18> »
bnc grins. "That's the spirit, guys. By the way - am I the only girl who's in? I decidedly protest against that!"
She looks for Jane, but can't find her, then sighs.
"Um, anyway. Okay, let's make the rules more runner adapted. You get the truth and the dare before you choose. That way you don't have to tell us your favourite pet and we'll get an interesting impression on which questions you deny to answer." She smirks. You don't know her well, but she mentioned on one place or another that she loved psychology and everything associated with it.
"Let's get started, boys"

She takes the beer bottle and gives it a twist.
After three or four rounds the bottle neck finally points in Torrent's direction. "Ooh, Torrent.
Okay, pick: Truth is "Have you ever failed to finish a run?", Dare is "Try to kiss Krestov". Your choice."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #9 on: <11-23-14/2354:37> »
As bnc was explaining the rules and setting up the game, Krestov decided to quickly finish his cleaning work, and began to reassemble his Crusader.  He blinked a few times, working his head around the rules with a curt nod.  So basically, you either share something about yourself, or do something the asker thinks you will find uncomfortable.  Sounds easy..

As bnc gave Torrent the truth and dare options, as if he timed it, he was finished reassembling his firearm, racking the slide with a loud "click, CLICK"  just as she finished the part about Torrent kissing him.   He paused, glancing around silently, as if the air was thick with suspense.
« Last Edit: <11-24-14/0201:09> by SgtBoomCloud »

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <11-24-14/0530:59> »
" Not that Krestov isn't a cutie but I feel I'm in a confessing mood.So...failed?No.Denied?Yes.Unfortunately the Johnson refused to see the distinction."

As he spoke the words his eyes hardened for a brief moment.But that  expression vanished  quickly and now bnc had the feeling that the color and the shape of his eyes had an uncanny resemblance to  her own.With a smile he catches the bottle and gives it a spin.

bottle spin: 1d4 4

"So, Slobber...Truth : who would you rather have sex with : bnc or Jane ..... Dare:buy us some gluten-free food and  alcohol, I'm starving"
« Last Edit: <11-24-14/0618:29> by Sabato Kuroi »

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <11-24-14/0842:52> »
Slobbertooth speaks through a bite of sandwich, "Ah'm cheap, so twuff." He takes a  sip of his soy kaf to down the sandwich and answers the question. "Easy, Jane. If only because I would love to tell some elf poser in the club that I, a big & ugly ork, have done some tight interfacing with the real thing. Also, I'm afraid I'd hurt bnc."

Then I guess it's my turn to spin the bottle.
1d4 : 2

"Well then, it's to you Torrent." Slobbertooth takes a bite of sandwich. "How avout thi, Twuth: Have you eveh twied to find your pawents? Dayre: Twy to sneak up on Jane, an' pull a hair ovv her head widout gettin noticed."

"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <11-24-14/0931:19> »
As Torrent says "Easy, Jane" bnc seems to be a little upset, but she catches herself quite quickly. At the "I'm afraid I'd hurt bnc" sentence she suppresses a grin and shoots a short glance to Krestov, then again follows the bottle. She seems to be enjoying herself rather well.

Jeez, I just hope there's nothing too embarassing waiting for me...
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <11-24-14/1002:47> »
"Since I'd love to  win Jane's heart before you do, I think I'll leave her beautiful hair alone.To answer your question,there are no parents to be found.Not in my mind at least."

: 1d4 1

"Ah!Let's build some trust!So bnc...Truth:what is your greatest fear? Dare:Hack into a restaurant's delivery list and order us some food for free.Games and friendly chat are fine but they do nothing for my hunger.And please remember:gluten free"
« Last Edit: <11-24-14/1006:08> by Sabato Kuroi »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <11-24-14/2210:36> »
bnc looks a little surprised. My greatest fear. He could have started with something less nasty. Luckily, I'm hungry, too.

"Now, that's the spirit." She chews her lip for jsut a second. "Are you fine with pizza? I'll order at ... let me see ... Sissiphus. Italian and Greek food. Here's the menu. All gluten-free."
bnc produces an ARO displaying Sissiphus' menu. "Choose wisely! When the song is finished, our meals should be on the way. If I don't mess up. Ah, and don't enter your choice in the ARO. Tell me. I'll generate an entry in their distribution file and hope they don't double-check it too thouroughly."
With that, our radio system turns on and plays "Whacky Wheels" by The Willow Sisters; and bnc's body goes limp.
After roughly ten seconds her voice appears on the group channel. „Did you make your choice? I take Greek yoghurt and some halvas. From what I heard, the Quattro Stagioni is supposed to be splendid.“
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"