NEWS

Question on Chummer 4th edition and essence

• 2 Replies

sniperfox47

• Newb
« on: <10-29-14/1731:19> »
I know this topic isn't really "shadowrun" related and may not belong on the official forums, but I figured this was the best place to ask.

I'm running into a bug in chummer and I'm wondering if anybody knows of a workaround.

If I create a character with an essence higher than 6 (eg. true drake adds 2 essence for a total of 8 ) or a critter with an essence higher than 8 (dragons can have up to 12) then chummer crashes.

if it goes over the limit while selecting metatype (such as for dragon) it crashes immediately, but for the true drake property it saves fine but crashes next time it loads. If I edit their character file so the essence is below this limit they load fine.

Does anybody know of a workaround for this? Running the version 490.

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-30-14/0131:08> »
I can't directly help with your problem, as I'm not creating exotic characters, but (depending on your goal) couldn't you take a metahuman chassis and adjust things to get the dicepools you want?
Do you want to have a character for actual play or just an NPC?

sniperfox47

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <10-30-14/0321:33> »
The true drake characters (I was building 5 of them) are all prime runners opposing my players. I managed to work around them by saving them and then manually editing their .chum files to have lower essence ratings (6). Its a pain in the butt but it works, and since they can't have cyberware, bioware, geneware, nanoware, or symbiont's anyways (true drake prevents them taking anything that costs essence) it won't be a problem unless they run into a vampire.

The dragon was being built as a Big Bad for the players to be aiming at. He's gonna pop up from time to time and mess things up for him. The reason I'm trying to put him at essence 12 (max for a dragon) was so he can be *HEAVILY* cybered, but still have a decent ESS score. I can leave him at 8 and it'll probably work, but I just wanted to see if anybody had any ideas.

(Edit) now I kinda wanna try building a dragon cyborg >.>
« Last Edit: <10-30-14/0324:06> by sniperfox47 »