NEWS

Upcoming Releases Nov/Dec 2014

• 61 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #30 on: <11-28-14/1301:16> »
but then all the gamers would move to Hawaii or Fiji.

Can't speak for Fiji, but Hawaii? Guh. It's a third-world country disguising itself as a state. Beautiful to visit, stay long enough and you start making plans to get back to the Mainland.

So true.  My uncle moved there from Texas, as he's a bigwig in the hospitality industry.  He moved back a year later.  It's a lot of fun to visit, but when almost half the population is on welfare, it's not much different from a gussied-up Haiti.  Back when the laws were implemented to allow anyone to draw welfare and unemployment, the rule was that you had to work at least 30 hours a week for your previous employer to qualify.  So all the employers started handing out 29-hour work-week schedules, and refusing overtime.  Thus, a lot of people have two 25- to 29-hour jobs and still get no insurance or other benefits.  The rest are straight-up welfare cases.  It's a horrible situation over there for those that live there.  But it's a wonderful place to visit, because Hawaii does a lot to cover up the bruises and such.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <11-29-14/1515:22> »
It's available in some stores (saw listed at FRP Games) and due out this week at Barnes & Nobles. No word yet on the digital release, though I expect we'll see something on that soon.

Well, not sure what happened, but Hell on Water is not available in paperback from BN any more, or available in digital format (yet). It is still available from FRP Games (also available form TheWarStore) though...strange.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #32 on: <11-29-14/2039:54> »
Nothin on Amazon (Canada) either... Oh well, it will give me time for my credit card to chill a little after Black Friday frenzy.  ;D

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <11-29-14/2224:29> »
A sentiment I completely understand... 8)

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <11-30-14/0802:45> »
London Falling is also available from CGL both in PDF and print (pre-order and combo) format; Aetherology is PDF only.

Suspect that the print price of London Falling is incorrect...listed at $12 (same as PDF), when should likely be $19.99 or $24.99.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #36 on: <11-30-14/1217:50> »
Dtrpg is down as I write this. What's aetherology all about?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #37 on: <11-30-14/1221:00> »
Sounds like the metaplanes and its denizens from the blurb I read earlier.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #38 on: <11-30-14/1223:27> »
Sounds like the metaplanes and its denizens from the blurb I read earlier.

Yup, I got my hands on a copy. It has some new spirits, new astral phenomenon, and lots of information about the metaplanes. I think it was $7? It's not a big supplement, but it's worth it, in my opinion.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #39 on: <11-30-14/1522:51> »
Cheers, might pick it up then
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <11-30-14/1923:55> »
Is London Falling a CMP release, and if so, which CMPs are included?

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <11-30-14/2027:58> »

Swing Vote, Five Minutes to Midnight, Silicon Slick, and Depth Charge, which were 2012 CMPs.  This updates them to the split 4A/5E format used in books like Sprawl Wilds.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #42 on: <12-01-14/0120:05> »
I'm enjoying the fluff of Aetherology right now, but I haven't gotten into the crunchy stuff yet.  The metaplanes sound far more interesting than they did before, and I've almost got a mind to have a planewalker game, ala Planescape: Torment.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #43 on: <12-01-14/0147:19> »
I am impressed with that product too. Have a mission called "Mr. Darke's Protege"  in mind due to crawlers and other entities ^^
 Also been thinking to throw my runners in something like the Dark Sun universe which the plane Miggon could be a candidate for.

Sadly there are some mistakes in it. Metaplane of Faerie is a glaive? Interesting ...
« Last Edit: <12-01-14/0159:39> by PiXeL01 »
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #44 on: <12-01-14/0724:34> »

Swing Vote, Five Minutes to Midnight, Silicon Slick, and Depth Charge, which were 2012 CMPs.  This updates them to the split 4A/5E format used in books like Sprawl Wilds.
Score! More filler missions while I eagerly wait for season 5 to get more stuff finished. ^_^
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!