NEWS

Some questions on spellcasting.

• 48 Replies

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #45 on: <10-31-14/1702:43> »
No drain for firearms though.
So.  And spells don't cost ammo.  Nor does Melee Combat, but you can't use that ranged. 
Combat is going to have different variables, but the concept of multiple attacks should work similarly across the board.

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <10-31-14/1840:46> »
So.  And spells don't cost ammo.  Nor does Melee Combat, but you can't use that ranged. 
Combat is going to have different variables, but the concept of multiple attacks should work similarly across the board.
Nor do firearms users have to devote a priority slot to be able to use them. Magic and firearms are similar but very different. Text describes multiple attacks very differently, and for good reason.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #47 on: <10-31-14/2020:40> »
Could be a deadly combo on normal targets -6ap should put most targets in the 9-10 dice range, and if i am currently under cheese rules able to roll around 16 dice if foci counts twice, after split, i should get about 5 damage each, plus 2 rounds of -5init and -1 all rolls.

Nor do firearms users have to devote a priority slot to be able to use them. Magic and firearms are similar but very different. Text describes multiple attacks very differently, and for good reason.

Are you trying to claim spell casting cost too much now or is underpowered when you yourself called it a deadly combo & cheese rules just a few posts ago?  Pick a side already, LOL

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <10-31-14/2123:09> »
Devils advocate, its cheese but you pay a price for it.