NEWS

Cost of various services

• 5 Replies

poilbrun

• Newb
« on: <10-24-14/0224:22> »
Hello all,

I'm quite new to Shadowrun having started playing it with 5e and I'm looking for a list of prices for stuff not present in the rulebooks, both run-related stuff as well as every day expenses. In my last game, the doc of the group went down, so they decided to bring him to a street doc for healing. I had no idea how much I should have charged for it.

Is there a resource somewhere (either online or an older edition book) where I'd get more detailed information on this?

Thanks for the help!

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <10-24-14/0341:53> »
Day to day expenses are generally covered in the Lifestyle of the character.  As far as other expenses go, there were a few basics mentioned in older books, but most of that material is outdated.  For instance, Unwired had a list of fees that might be charged by a hacker to do all kinds of tasks.  But since hacking has gotten a complete overhaul, the information is next to useless.  Seattle 2072 has a small list of basic fees that you might incur while travelling around town, and Attitude had a table of costs for clothing lines and such.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Sternenwind

• Chummer
  • ~maunz~
« Reply #2 on: <10-24-14/0435:59> »
Like Namikaze wrote, Attitude is full of fashion stuff, and Unwired has a small list for matrix services (S.93). But you should ignore all prices with skill rating * x.
Seattle 2072  S9ff … prices are hidden in the text.

And you can find some number about medical services in Augmentation S.120ff, advanced medical rules.

poilbrun

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-24-14/0619:52> »
Thanks for the help guys, I'll have a look in there!

Zar

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <10-24-14/0811:46> »
One thing I always think about is, "Is this expense above and beyond the cost of living?"  Also, "Would this extra charge nullify the reward of the run?"  You don't want to make a street doc so expensive that the run didn't compensate for that is unless the runners did something terribly dumb like get into a firefight they weren't supposed to do (like a firefight with Lone Star).  If the run went great, maybe the Johnson pays for the medical bills.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <10-24-14/0827:35> »
There's also the Hospitalized Lifestyle costs on p373-374 of SR5 Core. Those are the same as the street-doc costs from Augmentation.

For general costs for things, there's 2 things you can use for inspiration. For high-risk high-skill services, you can use the Fixer/Forger/Rigger services values from Stolen Souls, those are 250/hour for a fixer (arranging disguises), 500+ for a forger (arranging disguises), 500/hour for a rigger (putting illegal modifications on your vehicles).

There's also the Missions FAQ, which lists 10xSkillRating per day, which is a bit cheap but makes sense if it is just an hour or so of actual help.

As for day to day expenses, there's food/travel/club costs in SR4 Core in the gear chapter, if you don't have the book you should poke someone to share some useful intel from it. It's got different foodtypes, cabs, public transit, etc.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!