NEWS

antagonist Toxic Adept

• 13 Replies

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« on: <10-19-14/1639:08> »
 I would like to see your corrections and your suggestions.Please point out  the mistakes first, thank you in advance.This guy is going to be a squatter in the Redmond Barrens, causing all kinds of problems.He fears technology but worships the decay that pollution brings, being a follower of Doom.

A: Attributes 24
B: Magic 6
C:Metatype Ork (0)
D: Skills 22/0
E: Resources

BOD 7, AGI 5, STR 8, REA 5 ( 8 ), WILL 4, LOG 2, INT 4, CHA 2, ESS 6, MAGIC 6

Init: 12+4d6
Limits: Physical 11, Mental 4, Social 5
Condition Monitors: 12 P/10 S

Positive Qualities
Warriors Way (20 karma)
Mentor Spirit (Doom) (5 karma)

Negative Qualities
Uneducated ( 8 karma)
Social Stress ( 8 karma)
Gremlins (4 karma)
Incompetent ( computers 5 karma)

Skills
Unarmed Combat 8 (6 + 2 from Doom mentor spirit) (+2 Muay Thai)
Survival 3(+2 urban)
Track 4 (+2 urban)
Perception 4 ( Adept free rating 4 skill)
Sneaking 2 (3 with 6 karma)

Knowledge/Language skills (12)
English N
Sprawl life 4
Seattle Street gangs 2
Toxins 4
Street drugs 2

Adept Powers (6 PP)
Toxic Strike: 0,5 PP
Plague Cloud: 0,5 PP
Improved Reflexes 3:  3,5 PP
Combat Sense 2 : 1 PP---> 0,5 PP with warriors way
Critical Strike (Unarmed) : 0,5 PP ----> 0,25 PP with warriors way
Penetrating Strike 3 : 0,75 PP
Killing Hands : free from Doom mentor spirit

Karma (25)
Qi focus tatoo force 6 (improved ability 3-unarmed combat) : 12 karma
Muay Thai (finishing move) : 7 karma
Sneaking raise 2--> 3 : 6 karma

« Last Edit: <10-19-14/1713:17> by Sabato Kuroi »

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <10-19-14/2010:54> »
Combat sense would be .75 only 1 level would be discounted.

If you really want to mess with them up intuition 2 points, and try to swap into 2 more levels of combat sense, maybe even swap qi focus to combat sense up to 6, give em a 23 dodge dice enemy.

Also penetrating and toxic strike do not stack, and if you choose radiation strike, it ignores armor as well.

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-20-14/0153:29> »
Oh right, now lets see where I can find that extra  0.25 pp..Maybe I should drop penetrating strike altogether  and buy one more level of combat sense?Or buy a second toxic trike?

I was thinking of the pollution toxic strike because of the anaphylactic shock.It will make the opponent feel really uncomfortable until he is stabilized, I need only use it once per opponent and then use penetrating strike for the rest of the fight.

If I change the qi focus my attack pool will reduce a lot though, it will drop from 16(18 when using muay thai) to 13 (15).I wanted him to be more the hard hitter type of guy.

BTW the bonus of muay thai specialization is active only when I use specific martial arts techniques or in every unarmed strike I make?

« Last Edit: <10-20-14/0201:02> by Sabato Kuroi »

8-bit

« Reply #3 on: <10-20-14/0200:37> »
The Muay Thai specialization is active only when using a Martial Art technique tied to the Martial Art of Muay Thai.

I would drop Penetrating Strike and get something like Motion Sense, Mystic Armor, or Pain Resistance. Spell Resistance is a half-way decent choice as well. Or you can go with more Combat Sense. Also, with 6 Magic, you get 3 powers at half price. You still have 1 power left to discount (unless you want to use the 2 discounts on both levels of Combat Sense).

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <10-20-14/0205:56> »
Thanks 8-bit for the clarification.
I m not sure though that one level of mystic armor is better than 2-3 levels of armor penetration.
As for motion sense I agree that it is really useful but please remember that this guy is an antagonist for the players, so I would like to keep him more combat oriented

8-bit

« Reply #5 on: <10-20-14/0315:37> »
Thanks 8-bit for the clarification.
I m not sure though that one level of mystic armor is better than 2-3 levels of armor penetration.
As for motion sense I agree that it is really useful but please remember that this guy is an antagonist for the players, so I would like to keep him more combat oriented

-2 or -3 AP is not that useful when you should be hitting with Toxic Strike (Pollutant) every time anyways. Assuming base 11 DV, that means it deals probably do 7P damage on average against a fairly tanky guy, with Anaphylactic  Shock, which is essentially bleedout. As for other powers, Pain Resistance, Mystic Armor, and Spell Resistance are all decent choices, as is Combat Sense.

It should be noted that this stuff can always be countered. So can everything in the game, if people are prepared for it. If your team is prepared for a Toxic adept, you will need to use a lot more than Standard Chargen to take them out. However, if they aren't aware of a threat like a Toxic Adept, you can seriously surprise them with it and hit them really hard. Also, even if they aren't prepared, you shouldn't expect a single melee combatant of any sort to take out an entire party of people on his own, if you are limiting them in power to Standard Chargen rules. However, this guy already can probably take 2-3 people with him.
« Last Edit: <10-20-14/0322:39> by 8-bit »

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <10-20-14/0520:23> »
I never intend for my antagonists to be able to wipe the entire party :P
Only bosses and  official/unofficial major NPCS should be able to do that in my campaigns

But since I want him to give my players a run for their money , I intend to treat him as a superior prime runner, which means that whenever they choose to encounter him he will have have their total Karma x 1.5

Anyway, I think I'll drop  Penetrting Strike and take one more level of Combat Sense.Can I really use a discount twice on the same adept power if I have more than one levels?I thought I could do it only once per power.And if that's the case I don't think I have a third power of the warrior's way to use the discount on (killings hands is free from the mentor spirit )

So he will have 15 dice pool for defense and with Plague Cloud he will have a good chance to avoid ranged attacks.

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-20-14/0806:38> »
May be worth picking up a second toxic strike if you are set on pollutant, nothing sais a big FU than the ability to bypas armor if you are not prepared with a chem suit.

8-bit

« Reply #8 on: <10-20-14/1136:42> »
If this is just the base character, then this is a pretty decent start.

As for discounting the same power twice, yes, you can. You get one discounted power for every 2 magic that you have, so you can discount 3 powers. If you have 2 levels of Combat Sense, to discount both of them requires 2 of your "discount slots". In any case, Combat Sense seems like a good place to start at.

I don't know how much Karma your part currently has, but you can get a lot of fun things with 50+ Karma. Initiations, increased skills, more foci, etc.

pomi123

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <10-23-14/0416:31> »
While I am asking for advice on all aspects of generation, please keep in mind that I have plenty of experience with the setting (played 1st through 3rd editions), and in addition to the large amount of advice I am soliciting, I do have right now a couple of questions: should I try to switch attribute and skill priorities?  and My gm has okayed the Delayed Damage adept power from 3rd Edition, how would the Power Point cost translate? it was 1 point for obvious and 2 points for silent in 3rd...
adil

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #10 on: <10-23-14/1421:05> »
Actually, no you can't choose combat sense twice for discount. You could choose, as an example, improve physical attribute twice if (and only if) they both apply to diffent stats.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #11 on: <10-23-14/1424:11> »
Other wise, he looks fun, especially with a toxic mage buddy, or a few mooks. Just remember if your runner have Chem sealed fb armor, he is boned. Pin strike is a good power, but to versions of toxic strike would be better or tox and elemental strike (lightning) might be a jolting experience.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <10-23-14/1747:14> »
I was thinking of a toxic shaman buddy but then I envisioned this guy as a loner, like an Ork version of Yayan Ruhian's character from the Raid 2.
« Last Edit: <10-23-14/1750:01> by Sabato Kuroi »

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <11-15-14/1202:16> »
 I changed the priorities to
A:Attributes
B:Metatype
C: Skills
D:Magic
E:Resources

This gives me  more (2/2) skill points and I can save 6 karma to convert into 12.000 nuyen(for the qi focus tattoo)
 I put the specialization in striking instead of muay thai and dropped the penetrating strike for another level in combat sense.