NEWS

Here's what i'm doing, dammit! [PbP PvP 5ed] recruiting closed.

• 366 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #330 on: <10-25-14/0133:16> »
Yeah, I see what you mean. This forum is pretty relaxed with quoting material; there is a rules subsection with probably thousands of book verbatim quotes after all.

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #331 on: <10-25-14/0136:16> »
what would you guys recommend, dropping medkit 3, and medkit supplies for rating 4, or dropping lifestyle to street, and getting rating 2?

cowleyc

• Newb
« Reply #332 on: <10-25-14/0138:47> »
From what I've read, lifestyle mostly impacts deckers.  Just make sure that whoever you kill for a deck, also has a sweet apartment.
« Last Edit: <10-25-14/0150:58> by cowleyc »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #333 on: <10-25-14/0201:28> »
From what I've read, lifestyle mostly impacts deckers.  Just make sure that whoever you kill for a deck, also has a sweet apartment.
Yeah, by that time i should have a low lifestyle i am sure.

cowleyc

• Newb
« Reply #334 on: <10-25-14/0212:41> »
Frak that.  Steal the deck, steal the lifestyle, hide the body.  Step three, profit.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #335 on: <10-25-14/0228:42> »
I like your thinkin'

8-bit

« Reply #336 on: <10-25-14/0302:42> »
Frak that.  Steal the deck, steal the lifestyle, hide the body.  Step three, profit.

All of which was easily doable in SR4; sadly not so easy to pull off in SR5 without houserules.

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #337 on: <10-25-14/0916:49> »
Fit in rad protection, and changed around spell payload a bit to better work in the chicago environment, since i did not understand the severity or commonality of background counts in the city.

8-bit

« Reply #338 on: <10-25-14/1154:29> »
Makes me wonder what exactly Chicago's background count is aligned with. It might be possible to eventually acclimate or even align yourself with the background count to avoid penalties. Probably not out of the gate though.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #339 on: <10-25-14/1241:35> »
Makes me wonder what exactly Chicago's background count is aligned with. It might be possible to eventually acclimate or even align yourself with the background count to avoid penalties. Probably not out of the gate though.

You need to initiate in order to do that, iirc.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #340 on: <10-25-14/1259:26> »
Yes, I believe you do. Something to think about for the future though.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #341 on: <10-25-14/1440:26> »
There is a homeground quality you could pick up to help with a little bit of the stuff.

Initiating you could pick up an adept metamagic from way of the warrior that does make it so violence doesn't affect your BGC as much.

Fixed the output from Hero lab to split up knowledge skills.

Sorry that took so long for me to do, I also ended up getting a new job as well and have been trying to get the work going.
« Last Edit: <10-25-14/1526:31> by Triskavanski »
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #342 on: <10-25-14/1618:41> »
It doesn't really apply to my character, but how would establishing a lodge work in a high or low background area?  Would there be penalties?  Just curious...

8-bit

« Reply #343 on: <10-25-14/1712:41> »
It doesn't really apply to my character, but how would establishing a lodge work in a high or low background area?  Would there be penalties?  Just curious...

Yes, there would be penalties, unless you could negate background count. Such as from aspecting/aligning a ley line, or the cleansing metamagic.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #344 on: <10-25-14/1933:00> »

I would imagine it would be aligned with either toxic or insect, what with all the radiation fall out and beasties running around.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"