NEWS

Here's what i'm doing, dammit! [PbP PvP 5ed] recruiting closed.

• 366 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« on: <09-17-14/2236:48> »
Eight players, all street level. Make whatever the hell characters you want. Just know this. You'll be in teams of four and you'll be working against one another. You'll be in chicago illinois. Each team has been together for a long time, since childhood. You're all locals.

RULE ONE AND ONLY-
It's on yall to come up with concepts, divide into teams, and get all that worked out.
If yall don't do it, this game won't get run.

GO!

EDIT: Ok, i guess there's a couple more things.
1- lets all use chummer for the character sheets, as that way's far easier for me to keep track of everything. Everyone's street level and we're gonna keep it to all 5th ed stuff. I don't wanna mess around with conversions.

2- I'm giving everyone 7 free points that may only be spent on common contacts, that is, a contact off someone elses character sheet.
Also giving everyone 20 free karma for knowledge: interest skills only. Helps to round out the character without taking away points you were gonna spend on small unit tactics or magical threats or important life saving kinda shit like that.

TEAM ONE
1- Imveros as "Johnny Lash" Troll male age 20, Tank
2- 8-bit as "Silk" Elf male age 20, Face/Mage
3- RednBlack as "Baby Hardcore" Human male age 19, Gun Adept
4- Ravensoracle as "Rip" Elf male age 22, technomancer/face

TEAM TWO
1- Cowleyc as "Rokbotum" Ork male age 20, Face/shitkicker
2- Triskavanski as "Ticks"  Dwarf male age 22, Demomancer
3- RagallachMC as "Jaeger" Human male age 21, Samurai
4- Saithor as "Blitz", Elf female age 20, Gun Adept

NOT YET ON A TEAM

« Last Edit: <10-16-14/1313:23> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1 on: <09-17-14/2307:02> »
Umm, yes please.  If possible, I'd like to res my gunslinging adept from the massive multi-player game. 

I'm leaning Jacksonville.  Chi-town it is. Sounds fun.

Handle: Baby Hardcore

Metatype, sex, age: Human/M/19

Role: Gunslinging Adept

Brief concept/history:
Baby Hardcore's first memory is a group of bikers coming to his house to stand guard while his mom loaded him and his sister up to get the fuck out of dodge.  Three years later it was the same thing, only this time he knew they were called BACA -- Bikers Against Child Abuse -- and the guy put up a little bit more a fight, which didn't end well for him.  A few years after that, he called them himself his mom was all slotted out and hadn't bothered to do anything like laundry or cook for a few days.  They showed up, or whatever, but it's not like there was really a lot they could do, as it wasn't like they had a rich uncle they could go and live with or anything.  So, by fourteen Baby Hardcore took to the streets, and in no time he could squat with the trolls, steal with the street urchins, and take a beating from Lonestar like an Urban Brawl MVP.  He even got himself an adopted family.  There's Midge, an ork who he calls mom, and her girlfriend, Cassie, an elf he calls dad.  They got themselves a nice little spot.  Hell, it doesn't even when the rains hit. . .usually.

But, you don't really wanna hear any of that drek.  That's not the shit that got him in the shadows, and it's not the shit that people are gonna mention if you bring up Baby Hardcore.  You see, this kid, when he was all of seventeen-years-old, got into some of that voodoo, that nasty stuff, and just like Robert Johnson he walked himself to the crossroads, and he asked to be the best.  Jury's still out on whether Baby Hardcore got his end of the bargain -- and the truth is he most certainly didn't -- but one thing is indisputable.  He came back from that trip with a milky right eye.  It gives ya the creeps just to look at it.  And he was awakened after that, all right.  Kid started shooting straight, running fast, and I think we all know how that story's gonna end.  Shame really.  He's barrens street trash, for sure, but he didn't hafta go down that road. 

Appearance:

Baby Hardcore looks like a squatter through and through, with a mop-on-top mohawk, neo-anarchist patches on his clothes, and the kind of tattoos you get from a guy refurbishing some twentieth century tech -- what the hell was a Walkman?  His right eye is completely white, though he sees out of it just fine, thank you very much.  He's completely unaugmented, though he wears enough chains and spikes in his clothes to set any of the scanners on him like he's some cybered up troll street sam.  Still, he's got an innocent smile, a slight gap-tooth, and slightly crooked nose that makes some people just want to take care of him.  He's always treated those people like family.
« Last Edit: <09-29-14/1032:25> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-17-14/2310:33> »
I'm leaning Jacksonville.

I gotta be honest, im REALLY leaning Chicago.  ;)
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-17-14/2314:06> »
I'm in. Have no concept or any ideas yet. But what the hell, Sounds fun.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-17-14/2337:59> »
Sounds fun. Street level is a bit of a pain, since it mostly just penalizes resources, but I'll play my Sniper/Decker character anyway.

I'm partial towards Chicago, if for no other reason than because I wanna see how crazy that town has gotten with the Containment Zone and all that.

8-bit

« Reply #5 on: <09-17-14/2350:51> »
This sounds amazing; I'll come up with something soon. Street level though, that's gonna be an interesting challenge. Oh well, it will make it all the more fun.

Edit: Not all that familiar with lore and the differences in all the places (still kind of a new shadowrun player), but from what I understand Chigaco would be quite fun. Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: <09-17-14/2352:22> by 8-bit »

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <09-18-14/0110:32> »
I'm thinking I might just try putting a technomancer through his his paces. Put a geek on the team to secure communications and open doors.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #7 on: <09-18-14/0114:52> »
I'm thinking I might just try putting a technomancer through his his paces. Put a geek on the team to secure communications and open doors.

Damn, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Well, I have 3 characters made at the moment, but I'm still thinking up backstories for them and deciding which one I want to play. I'm assuming you only want one character up here, although I'm willing to shift to a different character if we have someone who wants to play something similar.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <09-18-14/0132:26> »
Poindexter did you really mean Street Level or were you thinking Street Scum? To Ryo's point, all Street Level does is crimp nuyen levels which then favors magicians and adepts. I suppose background counts in Chicago could counteract this somewhat. Conjurers can be very disruptive if you're trying to maintain 4-on-4 balance too.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <09-18-14/0147:20> »
Poindexter did you really mean Street Level or were you thinking Street Scum? To Ryo's point, all Street Level does is crimp nuyen levels which then favors magicians and adepts. I suppose background counts in Chicago could counteract this somewhat. Conjurers can be very disruptive if you're trying to maintain 4-on-4 balance too.

exactly. if everyone wants to min/max and play wizards and shit cause its more optimized for blah blah blah, that's on them.
I don't care.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Number 2

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <09-19-14/1638:44> »
I'm interested. Warming up a face for the party.
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <09-19-14/2238:15> »
I would be interested in playing Johny Lash for this. He was my troll whip user i submitted for that big multi GM play by post we tried to get off the ground a few weeks ago

Handle: Johny Lash
Metatype, sex, age: Troll, Male, 20
Role: Physical Security, Tank, eventual Street Sam, Intimidation Machine.
Brief concept/history: Johnny grew up on the streets and was a collector for the local gang. After a few years of collecting "protection payments" he realized he was part of the problem and not the solution. Now he is looking at bigger dreams – maybe be the cowboys of old, ride into town, cause a ruckus, and get more than a few bad guys to reconsider their life choices. If he makes a few friends and a little cred while cleaning the streets, all the better. He needs both, and fast, eventually some souped up little jazzhead is gonna get him...
Appearance:

That minus the smoke stacks!
Expected Frequency of posting: At least once a day

Full sheet available http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17715.msg313806#new
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <09-20-14/1439:31> »
I'm also thinking there's gonna be aLOT of activity inside the CZ, so consider rad protection or at LEAST detection a necessity.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #13 on: <09-20-14/1453:47> »
I'm also thinking there's gonna be aLOT of activity inside the CZ, so consider rad protection or at LEAST detection a necessity.

Most of my concepts so far have Rad-Tolerant and Rad protection in armor. I'll get my final concept up here soon.

8-bit

« Reply #14 on: <09-20-14/2105:21> »
I finally decided on a vodou magician face type person, since I didn't feel like going the adept route. Focuses on shapechanging and possession (not at the same time most likely).

Handle: Silk
Metatype, sex, age: Elf, male, 20
Role: Face, magical combat/backup (how the hell do you classify a shapechange and possession mage?)
Brief concept/history: Silk was born to a low class family, you know the normal story and all that drek. When he turned 15, he Awakened, discovering he had great powers. He started hearing a voice that guided him for years; eventually teaching him to summon and revere the loa. Silk realized the loa could be harsh masters, but they were kind if you kept them appeased and they lent him much power. He started making his way into the shadows and has grown a reputation for having being a silk-tounge, able to convince anyone of anything.
Appearance: Tall and slender, pale skin, green eyes, and brown hair. Dresses in a snazzy Vashon Island suit. When he looks at people, he looks as if he doesn't really see them as people, just another mark to assess and deal with; whether through words or violence. He's very naturally charismatic, but something about him is slightly unsettling.