NEWS

Designer Grenades

• 10 Replies

Geekman047

• Newb
  • Evil bath cleans you, FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS!
« on: <08-25-14/2118:26> »
Does anyone do designer or 'custom' equipment? Example:: Party decided they need grenades. So they get in touch with contact that owes them a favor. They are not specific to type of grenade that they need. So the contact brings a small variety of pretty much randomly assorted explosives. Female Face and female Decker purchase several miniature anti-personnel 'defensive' grenades marked "Front Towards Rapist". 

FreezeBoxJawsh

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <08-25-14/2217:17> »
I think it would be up to the gm since it's not really in the books but I think a good gm would give you a very hard mission to assist or save a weapons designer from a mega corp and based on the level of success you would gain prizes ranging from a singular special grenade of his choosing which would come in handy later on in another story Give you a mid range of utility grenades that have been tweaked or if you do really really well gain the guy as a contact after he sets up shop in the underground and if you can buy/find the parts an the cash he needs he can make you a somewhat limitless supply of specialty designer nades that have tweaked stats but to balance them out they critically fail if you roll more 2 or 1's than successes

FreezeBoxJawsh

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-25-14/2220:52> »
Suggestions might be a magnesium flash bang that would operate like the disco flare strobe fireworks that any kid had growing up. Or a aerosol canister delivery system of a drug or agent of your choice or an RFD tag paint grenade or a hallucination gas like the kind the Scare Crow uses. The list is really endless for a creative gm

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-25-14/2228:38> »
It's not exactly custom, but at some point in 4E I purchased some grenades with Smartgun + Voice Activation mods, so I could program a few challenge-response things into them - I'd push a button to arm the grenade, whisper a codeword, throw it, then later in the Combat Turn shout the corresponding second codeword if the grenade was still in a good position, after which the grenade would explode at the end of the Combat Turn. No wireless mode means the grenades couldn't be hacked, and unless they happened to know the codeword pair I was using, the enemy couldn't throw the grenade back and activate it.

Geekman047

• Newb
  • Evil bath cleans you, FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS!
« Reply #4 on: <08-26-14/2311:43> »
Thanks for the feedback guys!

adzling

« Reply #5 on: <08-27-14/1925:07> »
Tactical Grenade
Normal damage and affects per grenade type.
Cost: Grenade type x 5.

The tactical grenade was designed as a multi-role weapon that can be configured on the fly to suit many different purposes. It includes wireless connectivity, 360 degree Infrared motion sensor with a range of 10 feet, voice detector (can discriminate between different voices), noise detector (rating 3), tripwire/ pressure contact & timer. It has integral 3M peel-n-stick tape that allows it to be quickly attached to almost any surface.

The Tactical Grenade's multiple trigger types allow it to be triggered in the normal manner (pull the pin and throw it) with a timer that is either pre-set or set via wireless control at the time the pin is pulled. It can be detonated remotely via wireless interface on command. Additionally it can be commanded to detonate via voice activation (assuming the voice can be clearly heard), nearby motion of anything larger than a cat, tripwire or pressure.

When running in wireless mode it always run silent (no icon) but if discovered can still be hacked treat it as a rating 3 device.

Fun?

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #6 on: <08-27-14/2113:22> »
More of a bag-of-tricks custom grenade, but it's a modified thermal smoke grenade for use indoors. When thrown, it is designed to land with a specific side up. When it detonates, it throws an ultrasonic sensor (sensor tag, basically) up that attaches to the first surface it strikes (the ceiling) and then provides a visual feed of the immediate area (jury rigged to have 180 degree vision, but only out to 25 meters) to the team, allowing them to effectively "see" through the thermal smoke. -3 penalty to attacks (similar to firing around a corner using a smartgun camera), but better than -6 for not being able to see your opponents at all.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

adzling

« Reply #7 on: <08-27-14/2309:55> »
ooh fun!

More of a bag-of-tricks custom grenade, but it's a modified thermal smoke grenade for use indoors. When thrown, it is designed to land with a specific side up. When it detonates, it throws an ultrasonic sensor (sensor tag, basically) up that attaches to the first surface it strikes (the ceiling) and then provides a visual feed of the immediate area (jury rigged to have 180 degree vision, but only out to 25 meters) to the team, allowing them to effectively "see" through the thermal smoke. -3 penalty to attacks (similar to firing around a corner using a smartgun camera), but better than -6 for not being able to see your opponents at all.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #8 on: <08-28-14/0042:08> »
I like going to other games for interesting stuff.  My favorite for high-tech weaponry is probably Battlelords of the 23rd Century, though.

*sighs*  Alas, Shadowrun doesn't have Kayson ... what I wouldn't give for a BC-Winterdom ...

Ahem.  Anyhow.  What SR needs is a good 'glue-gun' sort of weapon - stuff which, upon exposure to air, hardens within a couple of seconds.  A small bursting charge to spread it somewhat, and suddenly your arm is frozen in place by rock-hard strands ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

JD

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <08-28-14/0745:18> »
I like going to other games for interesting stuff.  My favorite for high-tech weaponry is probably Battlelords of the 23rd Century, though.

*sighs*  Alas, Shadowrun doesn't have Kayson ... what I wouldn't give for a BC-Winterdom ...

Ahem.  Anyhow.  What SR needs is a good 'glue-gun' sort of weapon - stuff which, upon exposure to air, hardens within a couple of seconds.  A small bursting charge to spread it somewhat, and suddenly your arm is frozen in place by rock-hard strands ...
With great power, Peter, comes great fun?
""Just ignore the rules" seems to be the consistent take I get on this forum" 
-Typhus

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #10 on: <08-28-14/1021:43> »
What SR needs is a good 'glue-gun' sort of weapon - stuff which, upon exposure to air, hardens within a couple of seconds.  A small bursting charge to spread it somewhat, and suddenly your arm is frozen in place by rock-hard strands ...

I've allowed my players the option of reverse-engineering a paint grenade to disperse freeze foam, universal solvents, and Ultra-Glide lubricant.  Those are substantially more fun to use than smoke grenades.  :)
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.