NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa

• 559 Replies

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #465 on: <10-07-14/0102:34> »
Purvue is making up for lost time. Ohanzee just went from the quietest to the busiest in short order.

For reference, the Masked Woman had already astrally scrubbed the site of the hijacking. I don't recall any spells being cast at the edge of the cliff where we woke up. A more lucid Ohanzee might have cast Levitate to save Sam and Chino the effort of pushing the crate up the hill but he didn't do that until it was time to get the crate into the Rover.

Ryo, how do you want to handle Ohanzee's sheet? GrimWulf hadn't updated it since late August and it is obviously out-of-date. For example, Purvue was dropping 2 dice for wound modifiers even though Ohanzee's Physical boxes had been addressed by Crumpled's first aid rolls over a month ago (or, more accurately, your rolls on Crumpled's behalf - 9/4/14).

Rednblack, get an IC post up so I can RP with you.

Weird, I didn't update my damage sheet for some reason, even though I did for everybody else. So yeah, I guess the dwarf doesn't have any physical damage left.

As for the sheets, I imagine purvue and rednblack will post them again. I'll include links on the first page to the posts themselves, for an easy way to find them lost in the OoC thread.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #466 on: <10-07-14/0123:06> »
Crumpled did clear Ohanzee's physical condition monitor, but then the dwarf went and summoned a Force 8 elemental that had WAY better rolls than the shaman did.

I'll spend a few knowledge skill points to get Organized Crime (Seattle) 2 (+2)

I'll make a roll: Find info on Vinny [Intuition 4 + Organized Crime 2 + Spec (Seattle) 2 - Wounds 2]: 6d6t5 2

Very average. If we can find a rest stop or something, that might make a good place to ditch our vehicle and grab another. Otherwise, we just ditch it somewhere it won't be found for a while, and hoof it the rest of the way. In either case, we should power it down so it can't be found using the Matrix.

ETA: Formatting and punctuation. Removed Character sheet to place in its own post.
« Last Edit: <10-07-14/0154:15> by purvue »
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #467 on: <10-07-14/0151:07> »
Updated IC post to reflect scrubbing the summoning locations and not the where they awoke in the van.

@Tecumseh: Yeah, I don't have much of an idea what form Shaman spirits should take. I looked around the Internet briefly for Native American animal totems, and there are plenty. Dolphin shows up, but so does Penguin, so I'm pretty sure these aren't the ancient ones that were revered before the white man came. But with the re-emergence of magic and a dozen or more decades of exposure to a larger menagerie, who's to say they haven't incorporated the "newer" animals into their pantheon? In any case, if you have a good resource for the forms each of the traditions spirits are likely to take that I can work from, I'd appreciate it - I just couldn't think of any water animal that exemplified detection that fit in with NA lore. Shark was too combat oriented, whales and fish could have worked, though it would be harder to find a fitting personality for them.

I figure if I need a water spirit again in the future, I could end up with a different one in a different form. Maybe the Force 8 water spirit IS a whale, ponderous and intense. And the smaller force water spirit is a trout, frenetic and impulsive.

If there is some Shadowrun lore I'm not aware of that works better, I can certainly use it going forward.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #468 on: <10-07-14/0154:15> »
Whoa, your text got huge in that post.

I'm not sure if a Seattle spec is all that useful, and it certainly wouldn't apply here, since you're in the PCC.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #469 on: <10-07-14/0154:58> »
Here's my current sheet for reference:
Google Docs version (since Chummer doesn't do custom Priorities yet): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13vgmeCPtkNsxyA9zpns-wvZV33IXci6XfZ9pbqcOh9s/edit?usp=sharing

Street Name: ?
Name: ?
SIN Alias: Ohanzee Oglala
Sioux National SIN
>> Age: 40
>> Sex: Male
>> Metatype: Dwarf
>> Race: Lakota
>>> Registered Awakened License

P: [X][X][X] [X][][] [][][] [] {}{}{}
S: [X][X][X] [X][][] [][][] [][]

ATTRIBUTES
BOD: 3
AGI: 5
REA: 3
STR: 3
WIL: 6
LOG: 3
INT: 4
CHA: 6
EDG: 2
MAG: 6 (Tradition: Shamanic)
Grade: 1
ESS: 6

Initiative: 7+1d6
Astral Initiative: 8 + 2d6

SKILLS
Conjuration Skill Group: 6
  Summoning: 6
  Binding: 6
  Banishing: 6
Influence Skill Group: 6
  Etiquette: 6
  Leadership: 6
  Negotiation: 6
Sorcery Skill Group: 5
  Counterspelling: 5
  Ritual Spellcasting: 5
  Spellcasting: 5
Assensing (Spirits) 4 (+2)
Con: 5
First Aid: -
Gymnastics: 3
Intimidation: -
Perception: 3
Pistols (Revolvers): 2 (+2)
Survival: 4

KNOWLEDGE
Lakota (N)
English (N)
Magic Artifacts 4 [Academic]
Organized Crime (Denver): 2 (+2) [Street]
Parageology 3
Remaining: 4

CONTACTS
Name: Styles
Commcode: 59230-l3c4
Address: Denver, UCAS side

Name: Long Shadow
Commcode: 41023-l2c4
Address: Denver, Sioux side

Name: Gloria Winters, PhD
Commcode: 92107-l3c2
Address: Aspen

QUALITIES
Amnesia
Bilingual
1 Negative

GEAR
Armor clothing 6
  - Insulation 6
Power Focus (2)
Renraku Sensei Commlink (DR 3)
Ruger Super Warhawk
  - Quick Draw Holster
  - 6 rounds APDS (loaded)
Reagents - 30
Biomonitor (upper arm)
Respirator (6)
Contacts w/Imagelink
Fake SIN, Rating 4 (Ohanzee Oglala)
  Fake License, Rating 4 (Registered Awakened license)
Trodes
680 Nuyen

SPELLS
Control Thoughts
Fireball
Heal
Levitate
Mindnet, Extended
3 unknown

METAMAGICS:
Centering

ETA: Seattle, Denver - Same diff.  What?
Also, link to Docs sheet
« Last Edit: <10-11-14/2308:20> by purvue »

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #470 on: <10-07-14/0157:01> »
Whoa, your text got huge in that post.

I'm not sure if a Seattle spec is all that useful, and it certainly wouldn't apply here, since you're in the PCC.

Gah, I meant Denver. Fixed.

Is Vinny in Denver or Aspen? In either case, if the spec doesn't apply, I lose 1 hit.
« Last Edit: <10-07-14/0204:34> by purvue »

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #471 on: <10-07-14/0204:00> »
Quote from: purvue
I'll make a roll: Find info on Vinny [Intuition 4 + Organized Crime 2 + Spec (Denver) 2 - Wounds 2]: 6d6t5 2

You feel an odd sense of familiarity when you hear the name Verontesse. You recognize that name, as you remember that the Verontesse family owns half of Las Vegas. You quickly come to the conclusion that Vinny is part of the mafia, probably a distant cousin or grandson of the family to be so far from Vegas, but none the less, he'd have a pretty solid connection to the shadows, and its probably not a good idea to get on his bad side.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #472 on: <10-07-14/0218:01> »
Purvue's correct about the drain. I didn't remember that the previous spirit had been oversummoned.

I wasn't critiquing the spirit's form but I did imagine that it would cause the Masked Woman to raise an eyebrow. It was very good RP with the spirit ICly. You're certainly right that dolphins are well-associated with detection. 

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #473 on: <10-07-14/0249:30> »
@Ryo:
Few questions:
1. How much ammo do I have for the Warhawk?
2. In character, we don't know the loyalty or connection of our contacts, even though we may OOC, right?
3. How much money do I have?

ETA: third question
« Last Edit: <10-07-14/0257:37> by purvue »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #474 on: <10-07-14/0311:56> »
I keep wanting to post in the IC, but i wanna wait to make sure there's not still something sam needs to help with before we move on.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #475 on: <10-07-14/1133:39> »
Name: ?
Alias: James Anderson (Rating 6), Josh Adams (Rating 5)
Race: human
Sex: male
Nationality: ?
Ancestry: Caucasian
Lifestyle:
Money:
Karma Spent:
Physical Description: The man in the van looks just like your average sprawl-dweller. About 175 cm (5'8") tall, weighing appr. 70 kg (155 lbs), his brown hair fashionably short and disheveled, brown eyes neither looking for nor avoiding eye contact. He wears long pants, a shirt, and a jacket neither tres chic nor horrendously outdated.
Personality/background ?

Attributes

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
56(9)3(4)6
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
EdgeMagic/ResonanceEssenceInitiative
?-?6(7) + 1d6(2d6)
ComposureJudge IntentionsLiftMemory
Phisical l.Mental l.Social l.Astral l.
755-
Physical boxStun boxOverflowReputation
11105?

Positive Qualities
NameKarmaNotes
Ambidexterous4- no penalty for using "off" hand
Negative Qualities
NameKarmaNotes
??- ?

Active Skills
Firearms Group4
[/b]
Close Combat Group4
[/b]
Stealth Group3
[/b]
Athletics Group2
[/b]
Perception4
Leadership1
Computer2
Survival2
Intimidation1
Knowledge Skills (10 free points)
??
Language Skills
EnglishN

Cyber/Bioware
WareEssenceNotes
Betaware Synthetic Left Arm?- STR 6, AGI 6(9), Armor 1
Integrated Weapon System: Cyber Spur?- ?
Betaware Synthetic Right Arm?- STR 6, AGI 6(9), Armor 1
Integrated Weapon System: Shock Hand?- ?
Betawarer Synthetic left Leg?- STR 6, AGI 6(9), Armor 1
Hydraulic Jacks?- Rating 6
Betaware Synthetic Right Leg?- STR 6, AGI 6(9), Armor 1
Hydraulic Jacks?- Rating 6
Betaware Synthetic Torso?- ?
Internal Air Tank?- Rating 3
Smuggling Compartment?- ?
Cyber Eyes?- Rating 2: Smartlink, Flare Compensation, Thermographic Vision
Synaptic Boosters?- Rating 1

Gear
Weapons
Defiance EX Shocker- smartlink; acc6, 9S(e), -5AP, SS, RC0, ammo4(m); 3 taser darts
Ares Light Fire 70- smartlink; acc9, 6P, -0AP, SA, RC0, ammo16(c); 16 gel rounds
Ares Crusader 2- smartlink; acc7, 7P, -0AP, SA/BF, RC2, ammo40(c); 40 regular rounds

Armor
Ares Armored Survivalist- Armor 8, Insulation 4

Explosives
?- ?

Electronics
Hermes Ikon- DR5

Sensors
?- ?

IDs
James Anderson- 6
Josh Adams- 5

Other
Concealed quick-draw holster- under jacket, -1 Concealability, quick-draw threshold is 2; wireless: -1 Concealability
Concealed holster- ankle, -1 Concealability; wireless: -1 Concealability
Hidden arm slide- right arm, -1 Concealability, quick-draw threshold is 2; wireless: Ready Weapon is Free

Contacts
ContactC/L
Rhodes?
??
« Last Edit: <10-13-14/1158:45> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #476 on: <10-07-14/1555:14> »
More perception rolls:

Astral Perception [Intuition 4 + Assensing 4 - Wounds 2]: 6d6t5 2

Thermo Perception [INT 4 + Perception 3 - Wounds 2]: 5d6t5 2

And if any spells come to me that might help with the interrogation - compelling him to talk, reading his mind, or keeping him restrained - I'll go from there, otherwise he'll just watch the prisoner's aura as he translates.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #477 on: <10-07-14/1730:04> »
@Ryo:
Few questions:
1. How much ammo do I have for the Warhawk?
2. In character, we don't know the loyalty or connection of our contacts, even though we may OOC, right?
3. How much money do I have?

ETA: third question

1. Your warhawk is fully loaded with APDS rounds. You have no spare ammo on you.
2. Correct. You don't remember your contacts that well
3. You have 680 nuyen.

More perception rolls:

Astral Perception [Intuition 4 + Assensing 4 - Wounds 2]: 6d6t5 2

Thermo Perception [INT 4 + Perception 3 - Wounds 2]: 5d6t5 2

And if any spells come to me that might help with the interrogation - compelling him to talk, reading his mind, or keeping him restrained - I'll go from there, otherwise he'll just watch the prisoner's aura as he translates.

Everything still seems normal as you look around. No signs of any danger, and your spirit hasn't reported any either.

You remember you have the Control Thoughts spell and the Mindnet, Extended spell.

@rednblack: Did you do anything to restrain the guy in the back of the rover, or is he gonna immediately attack, what with being seemingly captured and surrounded by enemies?
« Last Edit: <10-07-14/1732:06> by Ryo »

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #478 on: <10-07-14/1805:53> »
The perception tests were targeted at the prisoner being brought up to the vehicle by Ace (before he enters). It was in the IC, but I didn't clarify in the OOC. Sorry.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #479 on: <10-07-14/1928:10> »
Per Ace's request, using the cyberwear scanner in the mask to examine the prisoner, looking especially for cyberweapons. Also assensing him. I forgot to subtract dice for the sustaining modifier of my Detect Enemies spell but that doesn't affect any hits if we're dropping the dice at the end of the roll.

Ryo, you probably told me once, but what is the purpose of a sensor rating when it is a Single Sensor? I know a sensor array can be used with Electronic Warfare (with Rating as the Limit), but what's the point of a Rating for a single sensor?

Perception: 2 hits
Assensing: 3 hits