NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1500 on: <05-28-15/2008:03> »
Sorry, but I've been under the weather for the past fewdays and am still not over whatever I have. It'll be a while before I can get a post up.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1501 on: <05-28-15/2329:11> »
Al - he only sends the Frenchman for now the rest of the team seems to extremely busy from the few that sent broadcast messages I doubt anyone has time to talk about decker drakes. Altough with the crushed server I can see how it is rellevant - but I find it hard to beleive that you need that information in the middle of combat.

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #1502 on: <05-29-15/0049:15> »
Does that Lockdown have a lot of new cyber suites and things in it? I wanna put together a rigger and that book seems pretty awesome
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1503 on: <05-29-15/0109:35> »
Cyber Suits is the main thing on offer gear wise (well, that and a repeating laser with SMG ranges). They cost a bit more than the respective pieces, but at reduced Essence cost. The downside is you can't have ANY other 'ware... and none of the come with a Rigger Interface.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #1504 on: <05-29-15/0652:24> »
Al - he only sends the Frenchman for now the rest of the team seems to extremely busy from the few that sent broadcast messages I doubt anyone has time to talk about decker drakes. Altough with the crushed server I can see how it is rellevant - but I find it hard to beleive that you need that information in the middle of combat.

No worries at all. And your reasoning is perfectly sound.

I was just wondering if Al had heard it, because he would have an IC reaction if he found out eTher was mixed up in this….

Maybe later...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1505 on: <05-29-15/0759:01> »
Sorry, but I've been under the weather for the past fewdays and am still not over whatever I have. It'll be a while before I can get a post up.
No problem, hope you feel better soon!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #1506 on: <05-29-15/0806:07> »
Feel better Saithor  :)

Those cyber suites do sound interesting, Ill have to check out that book when i get the chance
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

adamu

« Reply #1507 on: <05-29-15/0815:59> »
Yeah, feel better, Saithor.

And yeah, great marketing by CGL, their new tactic of always putting just a few pages of tasty crunchy toys into the fluff books, to cast a wider net for customers.

But then, those suites raise my perennial questions about stacking reaction enhancers/superthyroid onto wired reflexes/muscle augmentation.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1508 on: <05-29-15/0823:36> »
Any indication how I'm going against that jammer? Did all my rolls a couple of pages back on this thread...
You found it...
Not really done any rolls here in VR as I've no idea if I'm capable of doing anything or not...

In case it was lost in the previous posts:

Matrix Perception: Locate source of jamming signal, secondary info looking for what grid it is running on.
Computers 6 + intuition 5 + Perceptive 1 + Hot Sim 2 - Running Silent 2
Noise: Datajack Wireless bonus -1, Signal Scrubber program -2
Searching for Jammer: 12d6t5 5 hits
Data Processing limit 5
There's another wall of posts somewhere but I couldn't locate them offhand (may need to rethink how we collect rolls as there seems to be a danger of me missing them with this many PCs... :P) so I rolled Hack on the Fly for you, you've got 1 mark easily, could have got more with mods... want to turn the jammer off?  Will make everyone's life slightly simpler :)

Well how may silent running devicesare we talking about? Are they just carrying a pocket full of ridf tags?
More like they seeded the place with bugs rather than carrying them on their person...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1509 on: <05-29-15/0830:03> »
Well, if I see the silent drone icon moving in closer.. Time for me to act.

Perception check verses Silent Drone Icon: 15d6t5 7 15d6t5: 7 [15d6t5=6, 6, 5, 2, 3, 6, 4, 3, 2, 5, 5, 1, 2, 5, 2]

I believe that would be sufficient enough that I can begin to hone in on it. 

If it manages to pass, If I have any more net hits on the drone.. The next thing is to see if there is any icons running silent in the matrix that are connected to the drone's pan.
Yes, you got the drone, bit hazy on the PAN thing as I think the running silent should override the 'dimming of icons with distance thing' but let's say you find the rigger's deck too...it's operating in a cloud of noise (smart jammer in the PAN) about a block from the institute... the drone then turns into a mini fireball courtesy of Duke so we'll not bother with any hacking rolls :P

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1510 on: <05-29-15/0846:10> »
@Scytheknight: Ok, found your rolls at last, yes, 3 marks on jammer, and reformat and reboot... OS is currently a paltry 12!

@All: I propose we have a single post for each PC where you keep your rolls updated (putting older rolls in spoiler tags so we don't fall over!)...you should be able to bookmark your own post so shouldn't be difficult to find and I'll link them in the beginning of the OoC thread with your character links too... I'll try and pick your posts out where you've been putting pregenned rolls so you don't need to redo them!

Then you can just reply to the OoC and let me know that you've updated your rolls post and I can go and look!  Comments / alternative suggestions welcome but as we've got lots of pages in this thread now I think I may still be missing stuff :P

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1511 on: <05-29-15/0859:47> »
About how much noise?

Oh shucks.. I should fully wake up before I start rolling, cause my next round (Which I guess would be in next combat turn) I was gonna do this..

Resonance Veil - New Icon appears - Deck attempting to hack the rigger's control rig- Level 2 - Blow the Limit: 15d6h5! 10    15d6h5!: 10 [15d6h5=4, 1, 4, 5, 3, [6, 5], 1, [6, 3], [6, 2], 1, [6, 2], [6, 1], [6, 6, 5], 4, 1

But I didn't notice the drone blew up, and most of the danger is over there. If I could then, since they seem to be taken care of them selves down there, I'd rather throw that up north on the commlink of the servant they're currently attempting to knock out. Unless I can see, through my camera feed, they've got him already down as well, then I'll go back to rigger.

If it is the Servent, the Res Veil would be to show that his commlink already called the police and they will be there shortly.

Ressit 2 fade: 12d6t5 2
« Last Edit: <05-30-15/1211:23> by Triskavanski »
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #1512 on: <05-29-15/1103:05> »
This is why I prefer all rolls be spoilered in the post relevant to the action. That way you actually know what each roll is for and it's all in a sequential and contextual pattern. Looking up old walls of dice and trying to remember what was handled and what wasn't, and what it was all related to, is a bit of a chore. Reading the post, "Snow Crash crashes in the snow! [spoiler} *some dice* [/spoiler} But comes out mostly unharmed, and camouflaged to boot." Is just that much easier than saying, "Hey Aria, I posted my damage resistance 4 pages back.", then "Hey Snow, what was that damage resistance test for again?", then "For the flying bullets from the snowski drone, two posts before mine.", then "alright, I'll have to find that attack roll..."

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1513 on: <05-29-15/1229:33> »
Initiative

[spoiler]
Doctor
Player: Jack_Spade Character: <<Isaint>> 33
Foe #1: 25
Player: Adamu Character: <<Al>> 17
Player: DrZombol Character: <<Daddy>> 15
Player: ScytheKnight Character: <<Snow Crash>>
Player: zeththeadeptork Character: Duke
Player: Pistolgrip Character:Jackhammer

Wife [Rachel]
Player: HydroRaven Character: <<Mel>>
Player: Gilga Character: <<Solo>>
Player: Obidancer Character: <<The Frenchman>>

Children [Natasha & William]
Player: Triskavanski Character: <<Tobis>> 20
Player: Crossbow Character: <<Smiley>>
Player: Saithor Character: <<Hallucination>>
[/spoiler]

We’ll crack on with the action even if people haven’t had a chance to post, we’ll assume people are keeping their heads down or jockeying for better positions and they can fill in their actions as and when – I’m happy to be flexible in initiative order to keep the narrative moving along!  There will be plenty of foes to go around!

Rnds
[spoiler]Rnd1/1
Isaint shoots Foe #1
Foe #1 misses Isaint, not surprising really
Foe #2 shoots Isaint, damage soaked with edge
Al misses foe #3
Foe #3 misses Al
Daddy attacks wall – could look up the rules for attacks against barriers but would prefer a theatrical melting of the office wall and structural wall beyond…
Snow Crash finds jammer
Tobis starts triangulation – there are hidden links in the area, in fact a lot more hidden signals than can be explained by the number of runners…that’s a large no. of perception tests to make!!!  Time is an issue here…
[/spoiler]
Rnd1/2
Isaint, target Foe #2 to disarm - miss
Foe #1 slinking off unless shot again
Foe #2 shoots Isaint
Al lobotomises ninja girl
Daddy toxic waves Foe #2: interrupt to duck behind balcony
Drone suppressive FA fire on the Observatory (silenced)
Duke & Jackhammer fire at incoming drone
Tobis traces drone PAN

Rnd 1/3
Isaint, target Foe #2 with flashbang…foe knocked out, dripping in acid…ouch!

Rnd 2/1
Isaint moves up and fires at prone foe #2…overkill but there ya go
Foe #1 fires flashbang over balcony at Daddy/Al
Al?
Foe #4 emerges from Dr’s office, fires at Isaint & misses due to Full Def
Daddy?

@Duke & Jackhammer: Suppressor got 5 hits on test, so that’s threshold for Reaction+Full Edge (and mods to hit rolls) - Please can I have a damage resistance roll against a single Alpha shot: Ares Alpha 11P, -2AP if you fail the edge roll above (it doesn’t use up any edge!)

@Daddy and Al: Feel free to use the intercept dodge type rules from R&G for avoiding the grenade blast but otherwise you’ve got 10S AP-4 coming your way!  Ouch!!!

@Tobis: yes, I suggest you focus on the action at the house!  I'm assuming your meat is still driving towards the centre of town though?  Can you make a dog brain roll for your autopilot as 'follow that car' might be a bit beyond its normal programming?!?

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1514 on: <05-29-15/1255:41> »
Then thats what ill do.

Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules