NEWS

New e-fiction: Nothing Personal

• 45 Replies

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #30 on: <10-06-14/0737:09> »
Jack, don't drones count as "mounted" for the purposes of reducing the recoil penalties of firing an MMG?
Is that a rule from R&G? I just checked the Machine Gun and Recoil entries in the BBB and didn't notice anything about mounted weapons changing the doubling penalty for uncompensated recoil for MGs. I very well may have missed something. I don't look at MGs too often given that, outside of range and ammo cap, they're generally inferior to an Assault Rifle.
« Last Edit: <10-06-14/0747:27> by JackVII »
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #31 on: <10-06-14/1240:48> »
I could have sworn I'd seen something in there...  let me check again.

Here it is:

Quote from: SR5, page 176
VEHICLE AND DRONE MOUNTED WEAPONS
Vehicle and Drone mounted weapons have the advantage of a sturdy platform from which to fire. The vehicle itself has enough mass to absorb the bulk of the recoil created by the weapon. Mounted weapons have Recoil Compensation equal to the Body of the vehicle plus any built in Recoil Compensation of the weapon.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #32 on: <10-06-14/1248:50> »
I could have sworn I'd seen something in there...  let me check again.

Here it is:

Quote from: SR5, page 176
VEHICLE AND DRONE MOUNTED WEAPONS
Vehicle and Drone mounted weapons have the advantage of a sturdy platform from which to fire. The vehicle itself has enough mass to absorb the bulk of the recoil created by the weapon. Mounted weapons have Recoil Compensation equal to the Body of the vehicle plus any built in Recoil Compensation of the weapon.
Right, but that rule just plays out so that the drone automatically gains RC = BOD. The Bumblebee has BOD (4) and the Stoner is FA only, so the shortest burst you can fire is 6 rounds, equaling 4 total points of recoil you have to deal with after doubling. That's why I suggested the MMG should probably come with a Gas-Vent system pre-installed, just my opinion.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #33 on: <10-06-14/1337:42> »
Right, but that rule just plays out so that the drone automatically gains RC = BOD. The Bumblebee has BOD (4) and the Stoner is FA only, so the shortest burst you can fire is 6 rounds, equaling 4 total points of recoil you have to deal with after doubling. That's why I suggested the MMG should probably come with a Gas-Vent system pre-installed, just my opinion.

Ahh, gotcha - yeah the math makes sense to me now.  :)
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #34 on: <10-07-14/0714:09> »
Can't believe I didn't put a rating on that autosoft. I wonder if I really didn't put one or it got lost somewhere along the way. Anyway, I'd stick it as Rating 3.
My Shadowrun Pinterest collections: Landscape and Characters
My Shadowrun works

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #35 on: <11-24-14/2129:11> »
I really liked this short story. The main character is the opposite of your previous story's hero, as he is an almost complete bastard (especially in the beginning). It was a really interesting ride into the mind of an archetype that is not explored enough in Shadowrun books. It would be nice to see this character back in a sequel.

I've noticed that you also wrote the Sourcebook Montreal 2074: since I live in Quebec and that I like your writing, I will make a note to buy it soon. :)

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <11-25-14/0706:03> »
Thanks! Yep, I wrote Montreal too. Would love to hear your thoughts on that too,
My Shadowrun works

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #37 on: <11-25-14/2010:05> »
Thanks! Yep, I wrote Montreal too. Would love to hear your thoughts on that too,

Will do. I have some reads to finish before that, but I'll make sure to read it (it seems to be a short book also, so it is perfect for me).

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <01-13-15/0624:53> »
I presume the "version of a typical Roto-Drone" means it gets the same "Treat its Body as 3 higher than its actual Rating for determining how many weapon mounts or customizations it can integrate." bonus as the MCT-Nissan Roto-Drone, which is why it can carry a M202 with less than 6 Body ?

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #39 on: <01-13-15/0753:20> »
Yes. She is a heavy gal.
My Shadowrun works

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #40 on: <01-18-15/1057:53> »
My review (in French) of Nothing Personal is online :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #41 on: <01-18-15/1118:41> »
Merci!
My Shadowrun works

Glaive

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <01-31-15/1904:01> »
So, does that M202 actually come with the drone, or is that just a recommendation or something? On that note, does it also come with a heavy weapons mount? If not, then it can't technically use that gun at char creation since those are 14F. Also, is it just me, or do we finally have a drone that's really worth using? 18 soak dice, 14 armor for outright resisting small arms fire, is medium, is flying, free r3 autosoft, 1000 cheaper than the steel lynx. That alone already makes it a contender, but if it also comes with a heavy weapon mount and heavy weapon, then it's an absolute steal. Will it be missions legal?

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #43 on: <01-31-15/1949:34> »
So, does that M202 actually come with the drone, or is that just a recommendation or something? On that note, does it also come with a heavy weapons mount? If not, then it can't technically use that gun at char creation since those are 14F. Also, is it just me, or do we finally have a drone that's really worth using? 18 soak dice, 14 armor for outright resisting small arms fire, is medium, is flying, free r3 autosoft, 1000 cheaper than the steel lynx. That alone already makes it a contender, but if it also comes with a heavy weapon mount and heavy weapon, then it's an absolute steal. Will it be missions legal?

It really is that good RAW.
Comes with stoner m202, good armour and such.
Just needs some recoil comp, upgraded autosofts and it's good to go!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #44 on: <02-02-15/1053:30> »
Indeed normally you need at least Body 6 to get a heavy weapon mount. The rules as written are not explicit on the situation, so I would leave it to GM call. Either yes, it comes with a standard heavy weapon mount, so you could uninstall the MG and stick anything else you want in there, or the GM could rule it is a special mount custom made for that drone and that gun, and you cannot uninstall the MG to put something else on.
However, it does come with the machine gun, and as stated in here, a rating 3 targetting autosoft. Recoil comp is on you. Ammo too, I suppose.

(edited for clarity)
« Last Edit: <02-02-15/1225:36> by Backgammon »
My Shadowrun works