NEWS

[5e OOC] It Started at the Belmont

• 1239 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1095 on: <11-22-14/1402:08> »
Post updated.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1096 on: <11-24-14/1400:54> »
we're not waiting on me, are we?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1097 on: <11-24-14/1404:36> »
CT 3 AP 2

Airport Drones 1-3 15
Driver Thug 14
Lil' Rambo 10
Some 9
Hopeless 5
Pholg 4
Motorcycle Thug 4
Error 3
Magic User Thug 3
Terrance 1

CT 3 AP 3
Airport Drones 1-3 5
Driver Thug 4

IC post will be forthcoming later today I hope.

Time to roll initiative.  I also have a few questions.  What do you guys think Terrance should be doing concerning Dantes?  Terrance won't be able to catch up with him on the bike unless he goes astral again and trails him, then materializes again to kill him.  That seems beyond the bounds of "Helping in Combat" to me.  Thoughts?

Also, what are your plans, if any, for dealing with the abandoned students?  Is the team's plan to make it out to the Americar and run for the hills ASAP?  Nothing of note on the Americar feed, btw, though that will be covered in the IC post.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1098 on: <11-24-14/1407:12> »
Well, I just told Terrance to help us get out with our skins intact. Now that the foes are fleeing, he COULD take that as a "mission complete" and be out of here, or he might wait around to make sure we get off the property, it could go either way, honestly. I don't imagine he'd hunt down dantes though.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1099 on: <11-24-14/1430:41> »
Well, I just told Terrance to help us get out with our skins intact. Now that the foes are fleeing, he COULD take that as a "mission complete" and be out of here, or he might wait around to make sure we get off the property, it could go either way, honestly. I don't imagine he'd hunt down dantes though.

Ok, I'm going to rule that Terrance comes back to see you guys through this mess.  I haven't forgotten about the Free Spirits thing either, but no ruling on that yet.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #1100 on: <11-24-14/1431:08> »
Time to roll initiative
Error = 1d6 + REA (5) + INT (5) (1d6+10=14)
Bookworm = 1d6 + REA (4) + INI (5) - Wounded (1) (1d6+8=11)

What do you guys think Terrance should be doing concerning Dantes?  Terrance won't be able to catch up with him on the bike unless he goes astral again and trails him, then materializes again to kill him.  That seems beyond the bounds of "Helping in Combat" to me.  Thoughts?
Given Hopeless' instruction to Terrance to "help us get outta here with our skins intact," I definitely don't think he would try to track down Dantes if he appears to be leaving the area. I'm not sure if he would leave after mixing it up with him either. I think he would at least hang around until we "get outta here" and then bounce, in the meantime he'd perform no other actions unless they were in defense of us.

Also, what are your plans, if any, for dealing with the abandoned students?  Is the team's plan to make it out to the Americar and run for the hills ASAP?  Nothing of note on the Americar feed, btw, though that will be covered in the IC post.
Run to the car, get the frag out of here. I don't think we have any good plan for the students. The students in general might keep their traps shut if this only involved some random shooting in order to stay out of trouble. But if there's a body involved, which the two who were left behind are definitely going to see, I can't imagine they wouldn't report this to the police. Even if we knocked them out somehow, they still definitely know who Error is and may or may not really know of the rest of us. The only option if we want to stay as close to 100% clean as possible would be to kill them, but neither Error nor Bookworm is going to be down for that.

In retrospect, I guess we probably should have realized this was a colossally terrible idea to have all of these potential witnesses present...
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1101 on: <11-24-14/1438:56> »
Im thinking of invoking the name of the "Savior of college station" to try and convince them to keep quiet.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1102 on: <11-24-14/1445:59> »
Im thinking of invoking the name of the "Savior of college station" to try and convince them to keep quiet.
That had crossed my mind, but I fear it might blow back even further on us, LOL!

Still, I'd prefer Breeze to be a legend! A nice story about him wanting vengeance on the asshole who tried to shoot innocent students at the Quad the other day. Granted, the students we brought here tonight might think they were being used as bait if that is the story we're going to try to sell. Then again, Breeze did try to keep himself buttoned up pretty well at the table in the sports bar, so maybe they never really pegged him. In that case, the "Savior of College Station" heard about a gathering of students and showed up to defend them as he feared for their lives, sacrificing his life to save them. He's a real-life superhero. Why Error was carrying an AR is anyone's guess...

ETA:

- Bookworm is going to start wiping the astral signature of the Stunbolt spell. She can wipe out two of the four points of Force from the signature this CT. Assuming we can move at the same time as wiping signatures (I don't see why not, the rules aren't exactly clear, but I think you only need LOS on it), Bookworm is moving toward the woods towards the car.

- I think Error can get on top of the storage unit this round and collect Breeze and his stuff. Not sure if he can get back down again this CT. Although, he may have climbed up last CT. I'm not exactly sure, will wait for the IC post for clarification.
« Last Edit: <11-24-14/1505:27> by JackVII »
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1103 on: <11-24-14/1458:32> »
Initiative: 1d6+9 15

Hopeless will also probably spend both passes scrubbing, but we'll see.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1104 on: <11-24-14/1509:22> »
Error will need to climb this CT.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1105 on: <11-24-14/1510:23> »
OK, I wasn't sure what he did at the end of the last CT. He still had a full complement of actions left, from what I could tell.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1106 on: <11-24-14/1529:18> »
OK, I wasn't sure what he did at the end of the last CT. He still had a full complement of actions left, from what I could tell.

The rest of his movement would take him to the storage container. He can climb this AP and use a complex to hoist Breeze and either jump as run on the next AP or climb down on his next AP.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1107 on: <11-24-14/1531:13> »
He'll grab Breeze and his stuff and then jump down with his sweet, sweet cyberlimbs. Time is of the essence, me thinks...
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1108 on: <11-24-14/1618:16> »
He'll grab Breeze and his stuff and then jump down with his sweet, sweet cyberlimbs. Time is of the essence, me thinks...

That makes sense to me. If you want to have Error sprint give me a roll for that on Ap 2
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1109 on: <11-24-14/1627:39> »
STR (11) - Default (1) (10d6.hits(5)=2)

I'm not sure if we actually answered the question of whether cyberlimbs actually help with the Sprint test or not when this last came up. I know we decided that the AGI boost applies to his speed. If his cyberlimb stats don't help the Sprint test, he only has four dice and no successes (but no glitch).

Note: Error isn't leaving his bag o' tools in case that wasn't clear. He is definitely grabbing that before he leaves.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal