NEWS

[5e OOC] It Started at the Belmont

• 1239 Replies

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #750 on: <10-29-14/2200:01> »
I imagine we would have remembered to get it before sending the car to the evacuation point.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #751 on: <10-29-14/2238:33> »
Did anybody bring Error's bag to the party along with the kegs? I'm getting a little nervous in the open without a rifle =)

I think it's safe to assume that Error's bag would've been in the Americar when the group pulled in.  While not explicitly stated, I'm fine with assuming it was pulled out of the Americar and put in a storage container, or something, so that it would be accessible should the need arise.  Everybody ok with that?

Also, I'm waiting to move the story forward until Elek and Poindexter gets an IC post in describing what exactly is going on with the demo and what they would like to do about the recent developments. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #752 on: <10-29-14/2246:19> »
I think it's safe to assume that Error's bag would've been in the Americar when the group pulled in.  While not explicitly stated, I'm fine with assuming it was pulled out of the Americar and put in a storage container, or something, so that it would be accessible should the need arise.  Everybody ok with that?
I'm good with that, I figured that was how it would have gone down. Bookworm would have sneaked a peek inside it in any event. :D
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #753 on: <10-29-14/2338:22> »
Good to know! Thanks.

I probably won't be able to post until tomorrow  afternoon. Not that Error would do much, but if if you end up waiting for me just proceed, please.
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #754 on: <10-30-14/2019:24> »
I may not have much this weekend. Halloween weekend is the absolute BIGGEST money time for cab drivers of the whole year. I'm gonna be busy.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #755 on: <10-30-14/2027:22> »
I actually have the first half of inventory tomorrow night and Saturday. 6M worth of automotive parts inventory doesn't count itself. I am working Saturday after inventory, so I'll be around in case anyone needs anything.

Just completed a PbP run over on Dumpshock, so I'll probably be shopping for that character over the weekend. Yay, shopping!
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #756 on: <10-31-14/1331:23> »
Bookworm is going to scan the burner comm currently in Hopeless' possession to make sure it hadn't picked up any unknown MARKs while they had been waiting.

INT (5) + Computer (3) - Public Grid (2) - Running Silent (2) [4] (4d6.hits(5)=2)

Two hits:
- MARKs on the icon
- Last Matrix Action of icon and When (Probably unnecessary, but if there are unknown MARKs I would want to know that...)
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #757 on: <10-31-14/1349:50> »
Then again, neither Breeze nor Hopeless showed any sign of recognition when she had told them what the MARKs on Hopeless' commlink looked like, so maybe it was a huge coincidence.

WHOA! This happened?! FUCK, i musta missed that cause hopeless would have DAMN SURE reacted to that.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #758 on: <10-31-14/1354:33> »
WHOA! This happened?! FUCK, i musta missed that cause hopeless would have DAMN SURE reacted to that.

You quoted it, but it was in a lengthy response, so you may have missed it.
"Oh yeah, that reminds me." Glancing over at the two humans, she said, "Error makes a lot of sense about getting out of here. Not sure which one of you is Hopeless, but you sent me a few messages a while ago, in case you didn't know. Someone's got your commlink MARKed up. The MARK iconography resembles coiled snakes, in case that means anything to anyone. I turned my commlink off a few hours ago when I figured out you weren't actually sending me those messages. There may be a few waiting for me if I turn it back on. Anyway, I mentioned all that because someone could trace your physical location with all those MARKs. Say, weren't there supposed to be a bunch more people here?"

Granted, Bookworm doesn't know that Big Daddy's MARKs look like little Snidely Whiplash mustaches. I have no clue who a coiled snake might represent. I was OOC expecting it to be the mustaches. Then again, maybe they're one and the same and Bookworm just mistook the mustaches for snakes since she lacked the context of Big Daddy's iconography.
« Last Edit: <10-31-14/1356:37> by JackVII »
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #759 on: <10-31-14/1458:09> »

You quoted it, but it was in a lengthy response, so you may have missed it.
"Oh yeah, that reminds me." Glancing over at the two humans, she said, "Error makes a lot of sense about getting out of here. Not sure which one of you is Hopeless, but you sent me a few messages a while ago, in case you didn't know. Someone's got your commlink MARKed up. The MARK iconography resembles coiled snakes, in case that means anything to anyone. I turned my commlink off a few hours ago when I figured out you weren't actually sending me those messages. There may be a few waiting for me if I turn it back on. Anyway, I mentioned all that because someone could trace your physical location with all those MARKs. Say, weren't there supposed to be a bunch more people here?"

Granted, Bookworm doesn't know that Big Daddy's MARKs look like little Snidely Whiplash mustaches. I have no clue who a coiled snake might represent. I was OOC expecting it to be the mustaches. Then again, maybe they're one and the same and Bookworm just mistook the mustaches for snakes since she lacked the context of Big Daddy's iconography.

oh, ok. i misremembered. cool. all is good.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #760 on: <10-31-14/1644:49> »
The coiled snakes are indeed coiled snakes. I won't fuck with y'all like that.

@Poindexter, I had a roommate who was a cabbie way back when. Holidays were good $$$. Good luck out there chummer and don't forget your hold out.

You can get a comm code just through matrix perception right? Like Breeze would be able to message Big Daddy even if he couldn't get a mark?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #761 on: <10-31-14/1659:57> »
@Poindexter, I had a roommate who was a cabbie way back when. Holidays were good $$$. Good luck out there chummer and don't forget your hold out.

its a way better gig now. no cash, so they know you aint got none to take. Everythings done on the comm now, chummer.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #762 on: <10-31-14/1801:53> »
Glad to hear it, man. If everything's on cc that probably means better tips too.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #763 on: <10-31-14/2140:49> »
You can get a comm code just through matrix perception right? Like Breeze would be able to message Big Daddy even if he couldn't get a mark?
Yeah, as long as he succeeds at a Matrix Perception check (probably opposed), one of the pieces of information he can get is the commcode of the icon (the book has it typoed as commode, LOL)
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #764 on: <10-31-14/2141:20> »
its a way better gig now. no cash, so they know you aint got none to take. Everythings done on the comm now, chummer.
Nice! Taxi-taxi or uber/lyft/etc?
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal