NEWS

5e PbP seeking runners (Closed)

• 33 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« on: <07-28-14/1503:42> »
I haven't been on the forums long, but it doesn't take a jacked-up computer skill with a specialization in matrix search to learn that the discrepancy between players looking for games and GMs running them is pretty high.  With that said, it seems like my best bet for getting a little pbp action in is to run a game myself.  So, here goes:

I'm not shooting for a lengthy campaign here.  This will most likely be a two or a three shot adventure.  We'll probably do an introductory run where the PCs will prove themselves before moving onto a big payday.  Once the dust has settled, the survivors will count their nuyen and move on to other things.  I've seen enough pbp games fizzle out -- and been a part of a couple myself -- so my hope is that by putting a clock on this we can keep the posts running and have a good time.  Pbp moves slow enough as is, after all.

Limits: I'm pretty new to Shadowrun 5e.  The game will be open to new players as well, but please tell me your experience level, as I'd like to have one or two players who I can defer to when it comes to rules questions, etc.

Play style: I like gritty, dark, and somewhat noir-esque -- that should probably go without saying, right?  Moral gray areas are fun to play in, but I'm a lot more drawn to classic anti-heroes than I am to psychopaths.  Neo-anarchists and Robin Hood types are welcome, but if you think the best course of action is to kill everyone in the pre-school because it offers the best vantage point on your mark, I'm probably out.  Similarly, edgy lone-wolf types who don't have any friends because they're worried about the GM having something on them are probably not playing with a style similar to mine.  I typically don't draw up scenarios with solutions in mind, so players should feel as though they can approach any given run with their strengths in mind to come up with a working plan.  I like creative solutions.  I'm also very much into a collaborative mode of gaming.

Posting rate: I'd like to see people who can realistically post between 3-5 X a week.  If you go too long without posting, I'll ring-up an alternate and your PC will either go to the great shadowrun in the sky or become an NPC.  I will also reserve the right to play the PC in the meantime if the team is in the middle of a run, etc.

What you should submit:
Character name, archetype, and brief bio (1-2 paragraphs)
Experience level with 5e
Are you GMing a pbp game?  If so, tell me
Preferred play style
Character strengths and weaknesses

Please post your submissions directly to this thread.

Primary PCs:
1. Ian Bradley, Hopeless (Poindexter)
2. Ashann Valeri, Loki (martinchaen)
3. Daniel Grey, Wind (Horsemen)
4. Marcus Castille, Dantes (Blazrath)
5. Michael Irving (reyjinn)

Alternates:

« Last Edit: <07-29-14/2220:53> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-28-14/1544:16> »
Character name: Candlekey Bookbelle
Archetype: Healer, Alchemist, Mystic Adept
brief bio:
Candlekey is a fairly older lady, who's specialization in healing revolved around more archaic arts of medicine, despite living in a much more futuristic world.

On the field, she is known for her plague doctor mask, and heavily chemically treating clothing, often having fumes following behind her from the various gas grenades she carries on herself.

Overall, she's a mystery, practicing a large number of different magical traditions, rather than just sticking to a single one. Her goal, quite clearly is uncover as many mysteries as possible. If it wasn't for her loss of her medical license recently, she'd have a lot more cash on herself.

Experience level with 5e: Fairly okay. Haven't really managed to get a whole game with progression going yet though, but I do make lots of characters, and analyze everything I can.
Are you GMing a pbp game?  Nope.
Preferred play style: I'm a guy who makes weird and wacky characters, who are often more serious than they would normally appear to be.
Character strengths and weaknesses:

Her biggest strength is that she's very powerful mentally, especially her will is quite frightening to some. She blends together technology and magic, but tends to come off a bit cold at times. Her largest weakness is her body is a bit more frail than others, magic compensates, but not enough at times.
« Last Edit: <07-29-14/0423:04> by Triskavanski »
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #2 on: <07-28-14/1623:30> »
Limits: I'm pretty new to Shadowrun 5e.  The game will be open to new players as well, but please tell me your experience level, as I'd like to have one or two players who I can defer to when it comes to rules questions, etc.

I've run a few 5th ed games, and i've played in several that have fizzled out before much really happened. I'd say on a percentage scale, I'm comfortable with about 70% of the rules.

Play style: I like gritty, dark, and somewhat noir-esque -- that should probably go without saying, right?  Moral gray areas are fun to play in, but I'm a lot more drawn to classic anti-heroes than I am to psychopaths.  Neo-anarchists and Robin Hood types are welcome, but if you think the best course of action is to kill everyone in the pre-school because it offers the best vantage point on your mark, I'm probably out.  Similarly, edgy lone-wolf types who don't have any friends because they're worried about the GM having something on them are probably not playing with a style similar to mine.  I typically don't draw up scenarios with solutions in mind, so players should feel as though they can approach any given run with their strengths in mind to come up with a working plan.  I like creative solutions.  I'm also very much into a collaborative mode of gaming.

I dig ALL of what you just said there.

Posting rate: I'd like to see people who can realistically post between 3-5 X a week.  If you go too long without posting, I'll ring-up an alternate and your PC will either go to the great shadowrun in the sky or become an NPC.  I will also reserve the right to play the PC in the meantime if the team is in the middle of a run, etc.

I can EASILY post 3-5 times a day. That in a week, shouldn't be a problem.

Hopeless, Aspected human summoner

Ian Bradley was born to a couple of SINless parents. Mom tried to work, but soon it cost more for a babysitter than she'd make in a shift, and so became a stay-at-home mom pretty quick. Dad managed to get work through a fake SIN driving trucks at the dock, till the dock closed down to make room for a new hotel. After that, it was whatever he could hold down, which was never much. When he was about 3, he had a new sister and things got even harder. Before long, dad was taking out of town jobs and staying gone for weeks and even months at a time. They often moved to follow dad's job only to have it finished by the time they got there. Then, dad was off again. It was rough, but they got by.

Ian was always good in school and picked up on things a bit more quickly than the average kids, but never nearly as well as the smart kids. That's why even when he wasn't switching schools, he was switching classes, his teachers always thinking he was either way too smart or way too stupid for this particular class. He learned to make friends quickly, but never close enough to miss them. He learned to pick up new skills in a hurry, but never learned the value of mastering anything. By the time he was 18, he had learned a lot about a lot of things and still didn't know shit about shit. It was about then that he awakened. Of course it happened a week after he'd finally saved up enough money for that shiney new data-jack.

He couldnt weave magic into spells and whatnot, but he COULD talk to spirits and see the astral plane. That was enough for him. Even though he lacked a proper SIN, he managed to get himself a pseudo-secretive janitorial/apprentice position at one of the higher end magical colleges in the country. He was only there for two years before the unthinkable happened.

Walking home one night, a van drove up and stopped next to him and three men jumped out the back in a flash. They were dressed as policlub members, but Ian got the sense that they didnt quite talk the talk exactly right. They duck taped him and brought him to a secluded area under a busy train track, where they tortured and beat him within an inch of his life over the course of several hours. They thought they were leaving him for dead, but a passing taxicab just happened to notice him and make a call to a local street doc who does pro-bono work.

After several weeks of rehab, Ian was back on his feet again. Too afraid to go back home, for fear of running into those men again, he moved to the other side of town and tried to blend into the shadows, vowing that the next band of assholes to jump him are going to regret it. It's been almost 10 years since then, but still, every time he hears a train go by, it puts him right back to that night, shaking and stammering, remember what they kept calling him as they beat him and laughed; "Hopeless".

He's quite versatile, perceptive, intelligent, and has a wide variety of abilities at his disposal. He is however, undisciplined and has never really put in the effort to master anything. He's also the luckiest son of a bitch around. That, plus a solid head on your shoulders and spirits watching your back can make up for a LOT of shortcomings.

I am. It is called "Old Jack City" and you can read a bit if you want here: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17147.0

I hope to be considered for your game and look forward to your response.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #3 on: <07-28-14/1707:10> »
@Poindexter, that looks solid.  Feel free to start drawing up your character sheet.

As for posts per week, I can do quite a bit more than the 3-5 times a week myself, though no one should expect me to update anything over the weekend -- multiple jobs means weekends are exclusively family time as long as I can swing it.  If you and one or two of the other runners are comfortable posting more often, though, I'm open to the possibility of creating a separate thread for character sub-plots, especially during the legwork phase of a run.

Thanks for the submission.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Blazrath

• Chummer
  • I've yet to see a regular sword being hacked into.
« Reply #4 on: <07-28-14/1755:43> »
Character name, archetype, and brief bio (1-2 paragraphs):
I've got 2 characters up on the site currently, one is a close quarters adept ganger in New York City and the other a disgraced CAS soldier no longer in his country. If neither fit the area you wish to start a game in, I can make something else on the fly.

Experience level with 5e
New, but learning.

Nope.

Preferred play style
When coming to a new game I don't know about, I tend to stick with Zerkers or Rangers, but I have gotten away from that with Shadowrun now.

Depends on which character makes sense.
Talking Aloud Thoughts Matrix Astral E-Mails/"Sub-Vocal"

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <07-28-14/1814:31> »

I'm new to Shadowrun in general, stumbled upon it by very randomly starting to watch a Shadowrun Returns Let's Play on youtube and I just really really like the setting and style. I'm playing in one roll20 game which is ongoing and started play in a few PbP games most of which never went anywhere.  I am currently also playing an Poindexter's game Old Jack City.

This all sound good to me.  Giving the gm some hooks that he can pull on when he feels like it is not something that comes naturally to me, but it is something that is much more fun to do. Having 'interesting' things happen is always preferred :)

I should be able to post most days, depending on how hard work is kicking my ass I might miss a day here and there.

Name undecided
Low magic adept hacker.

Haven't really gotten any fluff done yet, this was a concept that I really wanted to try. So please note that the following is just a bit of brainstorming on my behalf.
One idea I have is him coming from one of the bigger crime syndicates, being 'raised' there with his peculiar skillset to work for them. After several years of putting money by he had enough so that he could buy off his contract and go freelancing. This went down on good terms (full grown man wants to strike out on his own type stuff) with the understanding that the syndicate has favored status and he'll do jobs for them either on a steep discount or on a favors basis.

So he is in this profession to see how far he can get, he loves to challenge himself to do things he's never done before. Always aim higher.

Surprisingly versatile, was expecting having to make more sacrifices to fit in the two roles. Not someone to count on in combat though, wouldn't be called terribly suave either.
Relevant dicepools for primary roles are mostly in the 9-13 d6 range.

I'm not exactly 100% on the matrix rules but I'm thinking that the best way to get a good grip on them is by playing a character like this so that I need to use them.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <07-28-14/1915:48> »
Experience level with 5e: Fairly extensive.  A few things I am still working on mostly because I keep having earlier edition rules pop up first in my thoughts.

Are you GMing a pbp game?  If so, tell me: Not here, at least not yet.  I do run a few on Rpol.net.  If you would like those names I can give them.

Preferred play style: I am probably a little more old school robin hood as I started with 1st edition.  Where morality plays and doing the right thing by the people were commonplace.  While I can handle darkness and do tend to run something of a gritty universe in my campaigns with a fair amount of darkness, I am not a big fan of darkness or blooding for its own sake.  Unwarranted and ongoing violence just for kicks tends to turn me off. 

Posting Availability: 3 - 5 per week is easily doable.  I should be able to post more frequently as well though there will be the occasional period where work, vacation, or company may slow this down.

Character name, archetype, and brief bio (1-2 paragraphs):
- Wind, Covert Ops/Face

Daniel Grey-eyes is a Métis (using the more generic/modern definition) elf.  His mother is a Lakota while his father originally hailed from the Tir.  When he came of age he served his mandatory term in the Sioux military and was considering going career when he was approached with an opportunity to serve his country in another way.  The OMI wanted him as his potential had been noted and watched since a particular incident early in his military tour.  Daniel full of idealism agreed and soon began training.  Training that never had a chance to be completed.

Due to an incident that some define as a scandal and others say that is merely the term used to cover up the far more heinous truth, Daniel was left twisting in the wind to hang for whatever actually did happen.  Ready to accept his fate and take the punishment whether he was actually guilty or was taking a fall out of loyalty only Daniel knows.  But that too was not to be his fate.  They came for him or so he thought right up until the soldiers beat him senseless.

He woke up in the streets of the current city with some nuyen in his pocket, a commlink with a SIN not his own yet the physical ID and other defining characteristics matched his own and a trideo news clip of Daniel Grey-eyes execution for treason in storage on the comm.  The man killed did look like him but those who truly knew Daniel would know otherwise.  Mystified, confused and angry Daniel used the nuyen to establish his new identity and start a new life.

Over the next six months he tried to live as legal a life as his fake SIN would allow but between where his head was at and other issues with his ID, he found he just couldn't keep a job and he soon found himself using his training, his natural talents and his charisma to obtain a ready cash flow through less legal means.  He became a social engineer in almost every sense of the definition and his life of larceny would take him into the shadows where he would work various jobs and slowly moved up to higher profile employments.  He gained the street handle of Wind because when he spun one of his social engineering yarns he had tendency to be long-winded and yet when he needed to be covert and physically get into a place he moved like the Wind and was rarely ever noticed.  Comfortable now, Wind has not settled in with a regular team and this is hurting his bottom line.  Not only does he need the payout for his lifestyle but he wants the cash to figure out what exactly happened the day he should have died.

Character strengths and weaknesses: He's okay at combat given his required year of service but as far as he is concerned it is a measure of last resort.  His strengths are specialized toward entry whether invited through social engineering or physically needing to break in with a minimal signature.  He also knows he is nowhere near as capable as he would have been had he completed his training.  However, if he can survive, he is confident he will grow in to and realize the potential that his recruiter saw in him.
« Last Edit: <07-28-14/1946:15> by Horsemen »
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #7 on: <07-28-14/2018:23> »
@Poindexter, that looks solid.  Feel free to start drawing up your character sheet.

Sweet!

name: Hopeless

race   a human
stats  c 16
magic  d 2 aspected hermetic summoner
skills b 36/5
loot   e 0+starting cash left over

bod- 2          mental limit- 4
agi- 3        physical limit- 4
rea- 5          social limit- 5
str- 2
wil- 2
log- 3
int- 4
cha- 4
edg- 8
ess- 5 (5.92)
ini- 1d6+9
mag- 4

karma: 25+7unsteady=32+10weakimmune=42+8stress=50-12lucky=38-10bod=28-10money=18-2running=16-2arcana=14-2escape artist=12-12contacts=0

-qualities
unsteady hands
weak immune system
Social stress (sound of trains)
Lucky

-Knowledges
Interest: corp politics   1
Interest: Nation politics 1
Interest: Music           2
Interest: video games     1
Interest: movies          1         
Street: Gang politics     1
Street:[City] knowledge   2
Academic: Magic theory    1
English (native)
German                    1
Spanish                   1
Or'zet                    1
sperethiel                1

-skills
Acting group       2
 con
 impersonation
 performance
Conjuring group    3
 summoning
 binding
 banishing
clubs              3   
palming            3
sneaking           4
unarmed combat     2
pilot groundcraft  3
pilot aircraft     2
etiquette          1
artisan            3
assensing          2
perception         5
computer           3
throwing           3
gymnastics         2
arcana             1
running            1
escape artist      1

lifestyle: low

-upgrades
Alphaware Datajack

-weapons
stun baton
5 high explosive grenades

-armor
armor jacket
 electrochromic
helmet
 low-light
 flare compensation
 thermo-vision
 vision magnification

-gear
transys avalon commlink
 sim module
subvocal mic
trid projector
ear buds
 sound filter lvl 2
gas mask
flashlight
trauma patch
200 gel rifle rounds
200 std rifle rounds
15 drams reagents

-papers

-vehicles and drones
MCT rotodrone
 Std weapon mount
  ak-97 with laser sight
 auto-soft lvl 4 ak-97

-contacts       loy    con
fixer            2      4
drug dealer      1      2
street-doc       3      1
mechanic         1      1
talismonger      1      2
Air spirit (4)  2 favors
Man spirit (4)  2 favors
Fire spirit (4) 2 favors
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

martinchaen

« Reply #8 on: <07-28-14/2050:05> »
Ashann Valeri AKA Loki, Elf Male Manipulation Magician

Ashann was born irenis (classless) in the Elven nation of Tir Tairngire and knew little of his family, the only exceptions being a faint memory of a motherly face and a pendant with a Sperethiel inscription that he later took as his name. His first real memories of childhood were of the cold, wet, and rough streets of Cara'Sir (Portland), and of being just yet another starving orphan in the crowds. As one of the many social outcasts in Cara'Sir, Ashann never received a SIN, nor did he receive formal schooling. As a result he was never screened for magical potential as is customary in the Tir; chances are good that if he had undergone the trials he would have made it into one of the many magical societies present in the elven nation as his abilities began manifesting at a very early age.

With no one, not even himself, recognizing his talents for what they were, coupled with having to fend for himself on the streets of a sprawling metroplex, Ashann developed a nearly instictive use of magic; his natural charisma and force of personality paired with his magical abilities allowed him to impose his will on others, both subtly and otherwise. When the bullies came to steal the food and clothes he had convinced a total stranger to give him, his emotions were so tangible that the bullies ended up fighting each other instead. When the gangers tried to beat him up for trespassing, he wished so hard for protection that their blows struck invisible walls of energy instead of his flesh. As he grew older, however, Ashann began to suspect that his good fortune was not merely luck; the voice that had whispered to him in the dark of night for years eventually confronted him in a dream world as an entity of many forms, appearing as a raven, a colourful jester, elven twins, and others. Though he could not understand it at first, over the years that passed Ashann came to realize the power of his gift, and the two formed a bond. With the guidance of the mischievous being, Ashann initiated a series of colourful pranks and cleverly obscured heists; for several months he antagonized the police and the criminal underworld with his tricks, until at last he was cornered.

Ashann, now 21 years old and calling himself Loki after the Nordic mythical being, found himself unleashing every ounce of energy within him in a move that made his opponents quickly realize that they had vastly underestimated him. Several members of the mob began shooting at their own comrades or spontaneously caught on fire, and out of nowhere Loki appeared to multiply. Reeling from the onslaught of the now seemingly superior force, their own numbers thinning by the second, his attackers turned and fled. The last of them caught a crackling bolt of lightning as he went down, screaming out in agony before the cold steel of a survival knife drove into his throat. In spite of the adrenaline coursing through his veins and the rush of long repressed emotions driving him more than  just a little mad with power, Loki realized that laying low for the foreseeable future would be wise, and left Cara'Sir that very night.

Experience level with 5e
Experienced; well versed with the current rules (though I'm working on a lot of the things from Street Grimoire), and have been GMing and playing since the core book came out. Also been playing 4th Edition for 2 years.

No, not at this time. I have signed up to play in several, including Milk Can Escape (playing 5th Edition version of Moto, a Dwarf Rigger), Of Fire and Ice (playing 4th Edition version of Cyclone, human cyber samurai), and The SIN's of the Father (playing 4th Edition version of Seijin, Elf Adept Swordsman).

Preferred play style
I prefer games that have a fair grounding in reality, meaning more film noir than action blockbuster. I also enjoy character interaction and a good story, and I'm not too fussed about rules if the GM moves things along storywise. That being said, I really prefer structure where combat is concerned.

To elaborate on story, I enjoy a good mystery even though I prefer playing combat oriented characters. I try to make sure my character can contribute somehow, even if it's just passing conversation or keeping my guard up.

Loki is a bit of a wild card, as he doesn't have a lot of combat ability which is very contrary to the kind of characters I usually play. He's young and inexperienced, but with a lot of raw talent, and he's a decent con man and manipulation mage. I really enjoy the concept of the character, though he's not very optimized at all. That being said, I still think he has a lot of potential as a character.

Loki has got several contacts in [insert city here], all of whom I've built a fairly extensive background for (check bottom of the post in the thread linked above).

I'd say his greatest strength lies in the fact that he can schmooze himself in almost anywhere, and his greatest weakness is in direct combat ability, as well as a lack of supporting skills. He's spent most of his life getting by on his own, and doesn't place a great deal of trust in others, but he's also someone who loves to live life to the fullest, and who'll take everything with a bit of humour, at least until the shooting starts.
« Last Edit: <07-28-14/2108:58> by martinchaen »

Number 2

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <07-28-14/2103:29> »
Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh a 5e game. Neato

Character: Haven't decided yet. Give me a day and I'll have something new cooked up on chummer

Experience level with 5e: Fairly good. Its the one I first started with and got hooked on.

Are you GMing?: I'm the GM of "Of Fire and Ice" as Mr. Martinchaen stated above he was in.

Preferred play style: Tactically minded characters who can fight up close and from range. I am however, thinking of making a mechanic for this roleplay so I can do something new.

Character strengths and weaknesses: Haven't decided quite yet
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #10 on: <07-28-14/2251:40> »
@Blazrath, write up whichever one you're the most interested in.  If we need to change things down the line, or there's a doubling up of roles, or something, we'll figure it out.  I'm much more interested in how you string sentences together than getting the team together in its finished form right away.

@reyjinn, cool concept.  I look forward to following up on him.

@Horsemen and @martinchaen, these both look good.  I'd like to see character sheets when you have the time.  Both are facey, though not exclusively so; if possible I'd like to make room for you both in the game.  I don't think it will be difficult for you each to have your specific strengths and assets to the group, but keep it in mind as you build.

@Everyone Else, I look forward to reading more when you have the time. 

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Blazrath

• Chummer
  • I've yet to see a regular sword being hacked into.
« Reply #11 on: <07-29-14/0029:25> »
@Blazrath, write up whichever one you're the most interested in.  If we need to change things down the line, or there's a doubling up of roles, or something, we'll figure it out.  I'm much more interested in how you string sentences together than getting the team together in its finished form right away.

Alright, sounds good. I'll do my first character I posted on the site, mostly cause I find him the most interesting out of the pair and unlike Kenneth, Marcus is actually finish.

Marcus 'Dantes' Castille
He fits more into Weapon Specialist than anything else.(Though on the character sheet page, he is put down as 'Other')

Marcus was born to a founding member of an AA corporation based in New Orleans, his family living in the richer and somewhat safer part of the sprawl. His parents had little to do with his upraising, having a wet nurse raise him from birth which made him resent his parents when they actually bothered to speak with him and show him off almost like a doll to their friends. Not really caring too much for the glitz and glamour, in the later years of his teenage life he would be out for days on end in the seedier parts of learning how the real world is. Through an upraising of both live in teachers and tough consequences on the street, Marcus grew up to be a man with a head on his shoulder. Unfortunately for his family, that led him away from the path of taking his father's position in the company and forging his own destiny in the military. He was assigned to a modern day cavalry unit, a fast attack unit keeping the border between Aztlan and CAS safe.

Though injured during training and lost his left hand, he stayed in the Military reaching the rank of Sergeant. It didn't last long for him as he destroyed his career by his own actions. What should of been a firing squad for Marcus ended up being a dishonorable discharge cause of the strings his father pulled. The catch was he could never come back to CAS under penalty of death and had to leave with barely anything. What followed was a tale of survival as a one handed man with his record could not find normal work. Severely down on his luck, a Fixer decided he was perfect to use in an expendable team to test the security system for a Mr. Johnson. He made it out alive with the decker and the information then preceded to kill the Fixer as he tried to turn on the survivors as his cut was severely shortened by them succeeding. With cash on hand now and gear to keep him alive, Marcus is now a player in the underground going by the name of Dantes, the name of the main character from one of Marcus's favorite books to read when he was younger.

While good with fighting and limited social interactions, Marcus is not the most tech heavy nor is he too comfortable dealing with magic. If he had to choose one or the other, he would put more trust in technology than magic cause that can be understood. While not wanting to be too flashy, he can be quick to anger in situations and has been known to start fights just because of simple arguments. His past does not haunt his conscience, but others that have seen the trideo form their own opinions.
Talking Aloud Thoughts Matrix Astral E-Mails/"Sub-Vocal"

martinchaen

« Reply #12 on: <07-29-14/0055:27> »
Rednblack
Sounds good!
A character sheet (with contact workouts) can be found here:
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16098.0

Horsemen
Loki is a conman and a street artist, so there might be a little bit of overlap but I'm sure we can build each other up.

My focus with Loki is on Con (specialization in Fast Talk), and some Negotiation, and more of a street specialty in terms of etiquette and knowledge skills than anything else. He's a loud, brash, in your face kind of character, and between illusion and manipulation magic and knowledge of card tricks and other street performance he's definitely an entertainer of sorts. He is the type of person who I think could work really well with someone a little more tempered, a little more experienced in what is proper behaviour; a counterweight to his youthful brashness.

Think you can come up with something that would fit? I'd be more than happy to have our characters have prior knowledge of each other, as con men or acquaintances from some interest or another. Loki has contacts in the nightclub scene, a prominent fixer, the ear of a Yakuza wakagashira, and feelers in the magical community. He definitely prefers the company of down to earth, real hard working people to the Corp born and the wealthy in their fancy clothes, though he does have aspirations of power for himself.

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #13 on: <07-29-14/0103:22> »
Hoi!

Error, ork - heavily cybered russian WWF fighter, who got kicked out for refusing to lose in a rigged match. His name is actually Egor, but his heavy accent makes it sound like Error. On the streets he became a Street Sam who tries to stay true to the concept of an honorable and fair fighter.
I can easily expand on that =)

Experience level with 5e
I've been GMing 5e since it came out last year, about two games a week. I've read all the books and supplements so far (not that much of a feat though =)) and I'm an avid lurker on the Rules forum.

Yes =) Well, more or less, we are just starting: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17429.0

Preferred play style
Black trench coat.

I am tempted to say that Error's main strength is also his crippling weakness - honor. But to be thorough, his other strengths are literally strength and combat prowess, along with knowledge of martial arts, while his weaknesses are sluggishness and inexperience in the shadowrunning business.
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <07-29-14/0423:20> »
Updated mine
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules