NEWS

[OOC] Milk Can Escape

• 233 Replies

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <07-22-14/0255:49> »
I'm fine with hiding rolls - perk of the GM.
I realize than Kachina left the Military pretty much as Rolen entered it, so have to figure something else on how they met. But outside of rolling for starting money I believe we're good to go.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #46 on: <07-22-14/0339:05> »
I'm fine with hiding rolls - perk of the GM.
I realize than Kachina left the Military pretty much as Rolen entered it, so have to figure something else on how they met.

Maybe Kachina met him while he was a rookie, just before she left. Couple months under fire is long enough to make fast friends, or at least to know you can trust someone.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

martinchaen

« Reply #47 on: <07-22-14/0706:48> »
By the way, I have a question for you: is it OK with you if I hide my rolls? I am used to rolling behind a screen, but if it is considered bad manners in pbp or something to that extent, I can roll in the open.
Just FYI; it is not possible to hide your rolls on Orokos as far as I'm aware, except if you don't use a character and campaign name (in which case the rolls are not saved).

For instance, you can view my entire roll history simply by knowing my screen name on there;
http://orokos.com/roll/m-martinchaen

Fortunately, this also means you can easily view every roll made for the entire campaign as long as everyone uses the same name. For instance, this is a real-time game I'm playing in called Lowly Beginnings;
http://orokos.com/roll/c-Lowly+Beginnings

In short, you'd have to roll without the campaign name to not record the rolls as far as I'm aware. Either way, I have no issue with you not wanting to roll in the open; in fact, I encourage it. Otherwise, you couldn't fudge those rolls if you wanted to :D

Question for the experienced pbp players: do we need anything else? I'm currently working on the house-rules list (it's not long, I just have trouble remembering everything), but maybe there is something else I should do before we start?
I second the colour codes; mine are listed in my signature. I'd also prefer it if rolls were made entirely in the OOC thread, but that's just because I like immersing myself in the story when reading the IC thread and rolls kind of pull me out of it.

Other than that, we're good as far as I'm concerned. Looking forward to it! :)

Also; starting nuyen!
Starting Nuyen: Middle Lifestyle: 4d6*100 1700
« Last Edit: <07-22-14/0745:39> by martinchaen »

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #48 on: <07-22-14/0818:07> »
@martinchaen

Thanks for the info! =)

I have to say, though, that there is a certain twisted way I can keep my rolls in secret. Behold:

Otherwise, you couldn't fudge those rolls if you wanted to :D

We have been compromised! Abort mission; destroy phone! =)))

Also; starting nuyen!

You, moneybag =)

I'd also prefer it if rolls were made entirely in the OOC thread, but that's just because I like immersing myself in the story when reading the IC thread and rolls kind of pull me out of it.

OK, let's do it that way.

@Triskavanski
Alright, I'm going to go with the PAN option.

Got it. Amended the first post.

@Everybody

OK, let's all follow martinchaen's suite and roll starting cash.

I'll try to hammer down all the house rules by tomorrow morning (in 14-16 hours, I guess).
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

martinchaen

« Reply #49 on: <07-22-14/0827:38> »
Hehe, good old fashioned dice, huh. Heretic! Technology must prevail!

Ehem. Anyway. In order to not store dice rolls on Orokos all you need to do is put Test in the campaign field.

Also, one more question about drones (I'm sure it won't be the last).

How do you want to handle ammunition capacity? The standard weapon mount rules state that the weapon mount "may hold any assault rifle or smaller-sized weapon and 250 rounds of ammo", but I've mounted an Ares Alpha and I've got 200 rounds of ammo and 12 grenades (6 each of Flash-Bangs and HE).
Suggestion 1: Change the weapon to belt feed (somehow)
Suggestion 2: Keep the weapon ammunition feed as normal, and allow weapon mount to reload using standard reload actions

I actually prefer option 2, as it makes Heavy Weapon Mounts with Machine Guns more attractive (belt fed machine guns with 500 rounds of ammo is hard to beat for protracted engagements), while allowing drones to reload without having to circle back to the owner for manual reloads. Both require some degree of handwaving, in my opinion.

In other words, with your Fire Mode houserule I would be able to do the following in one initiative pass:
Free Action: Eject Smartgun Clip
Simple Action: Insert Clip
Simple Action: Fire Weapon (SA, BF (3 rounds), or FA (6 rounds), depending on currently selected Fire More)
« Last Edit: <07-22-14/1057:46> by martinchaen »

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <07-22-14/1637:59> »
Ok, Starting Nuyens:
Starting Nuyen: 3d6 14
= 1,400 Y

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <07-22-14/1748:08> »
I like your idea @pointdexter. We're gonna have to tweak a little bit locations and timeframe. But how about, and somehow, the UCAS military got in charge of the clean up in the aftermath of the corporate skirmish that burn down Kachina's community. Of course they would send in new recruits for it was just a cleaning job. Rolen, freshly enrolled, may have found the wounded Kachina. Only issue, she didn't want to be found, she needed to have disappeared in the Helicopter's destruction. He had to report her however, and make a choice. Few words were exchanged, but Rolen quickly understood the massacre that had happened. He threw her his water flask and turned around, never ever mentioning what had happened.
5+ years later. Rolen embraced the Shadows but needs job. A call from his new fixer, a meet. Several runner are there already, the Johnson is gonna make and hire a team from various sources. When an Amerindian women enters, heads turns in her direction. Her body language calls for attention, a confident and intimidating posture shows she's not to be messed with.
Only Rolen recognizes her, she hasn't change. She too remembers the boy's face, a persistent image from unwanted memories, the day her life had changed.
The rest is history...

How about that? Rolen, through his action (or lack of), saved Kachina from Martial Court. The two reunited as the soldier just turned to the shadows. They knew nothing about each others respected one another. They've teamed up since.

martinchaen

« Reply #52 on: <07-22-14/1748:55> »
obidancer
Low lifestyle is 3d6 * 60 nuyen, not * 100. Still a respectable roll that puts you at 840 total.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #53 on: <07-22-14/1800:22> »
Starting Wealth: 5d6 22 x500 = 11000 starting cash

Question - with a RIG, would this work if I had a face mask instead of a helmet?
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Number 2

• Chummer
« Reply #54 on: <07-22-14/1938:11> »
I like your idea @pointdexter. We're gonna have to tweak a little bit locations and timeframe. But how about, and somehow, the UCAS military got in charge of the clean up in the aftermath of the corporate skirmish that burn down Kachina's community. Of course they would send in new recruits for it was just a cleaning job. Rolen, freshly enrolled, may have found the wounded Kachina. Only issue, she didn't want to be found, she needed to have disappeared in the Helicopter's destruction. He had to report her however, and make a choice. Few words were exchanged, but Rolen quickly understood the massacre that had happened. He threw her his water flask and turned around, never ever mentioning what had happened.
5+ years later. Rolen embraced the Shadows but needs job. A call from his new fixer, a meet. Several runner are there already, the Johnson is gonna make and hire a team from various sources. When an Amerindian women enters, heads turns in her direction. Her body language calls for attention, a confident and intimidating posture shows she's not to be messed with.
Only Rolen recognizes her, she hasn't change. She too remembers the boy's face, a persistent image from unwanted memories, the day her life had changed.
The rest is history...

How about that? Rolen, through his action (or lack of), saved Kachina from Martial Court. The two reunited as the soldier just turned to the shadows. They knew nothing about each others respected one another. They've teamed up since.

I love all of it :)
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <07-23-14/0107:18> »
The problem with linking Skinny in any meaningful way is that he's never really done anything meaningful with his life. He's been well trained in a very narrow scope, but has nearly no real world experience. He's only 15 years old, barely an adult by ork standards, and desperately wants to make his mark on the world in the short time he has in it. Beyond the contacts he knows (a fixer, street doc, bartender, and his aging elf sensei), i dont really see a way to link him up very well. 

I think some people SHOULD have stronger ties than the rest though. Makes the strong ties worth more and makes those with weaker ties have to work harder to earn the group's trust, eh?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #56 on: <07-23-14/0117:15> »
Is it possible Skinny could have ever been on Shadowrun Online or other comparable games that a online clan would have picked him up for?
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #57 on: <07-23-14/0125:15> »
Updated the first post as promised. I'll update it again if I remember something I've missed.

Also, one more question about drones (I'm sure it won't be the last).

Your suggestion #2 is actually how I've always handled it =) Seems only fair to machine guns.
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <07-23-14/0129:12> »
obidancer
Low lifestyle is 3d6 * 60 nuyen, not * 100. Still a respectable roll that puts you at 840 total.

Absolutely right, my bad. Thank for the notice.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <07-23-14/0133:17> »
Is it possible Skinny could have ever been on Shadowrun Online or other comparable games that a online clan would have picked him up for?
i spose its possible. why?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english