NEWS

[SR5] Who wants some pbp? (Recruiting closed)

• 63 Replies

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #45 on: <07-18-14/1112:02> »
@Triskavanski
I'm looking forward to seeing Carbonel in action. To be honest, for me that would be the first "remote" character in the current edition. And the first technomancer =)

@Poindexter
anyone know what that word would BE?

Ni hengar Sperethiel, Skinny Jim =(

I don't know if there is a word like sensei or shifu in Sperethiel, but maybe these will be of help:

Scholar = perritaesa;
Warrior = meraerth;
Lord = raegh;

Is this a thing where we're going to meet in-game?
or are we already an established shadowrun team?
If the latter, how long have we been a thing?

I'll answer your questions in the OOC thread (soon), if you don't mind =)

@Number 2
Thank you! I'll be here all week =)
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #46 on: <07-18-14/1146:06> »
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <07-18-14/1757:15> »
I updated the Post with my character sheet with the story, but here is:

Kachina was born and raise in a small community of Hopi in the Pueblo Corporate Council Territories, with strong ties to Shamanism as both her parents and grand-parents were shamans. Her grand-father was part of the Kachina Society during their support of Daniel Howling Coyote against the US and as a tribute, was named after it.

It wasn't before she was 14, however, that she started Awakening. She had full support from her peers and embraced her learning, excelling in her understanding of the Astral World and the conjuring of spiritual entities. Physically, she was feeble and clumsy, but had a strong mind and was fearless. She would stand up in front of bullies, and was short-tempered if she felt insulted. She had already a strong personality, and her good heart made her very likable. The Shamans could see her struggle between her good nature, and her fighting spirit.

It was only when she embraced the path of the Thunderbird Totem, as suggested by her peers, that she managed to develop her spellcasting abilities, which let her to believe what she could do with what theorists called the Mana was granted by the Spirits. As such, her 'magic' is closely related to what the Thunderbird was known for in her tribe's lore.

She went to college and studied psychology and behaviors but, quickly and radically changed path and accepted to be recruited into the military. She received good training and they utilized her skills efficiently. Soon she became part of a special unit; her skills in interrogation techniques and scouting giving her a special edge in spite of her weak physic. She fought in Skirmishes against the Aztlans within a year of her enrollment, and though difficult and dangerous, she strove in the midst of battle and conflict.

But it was when she was back home that she found her disillusion. The Pueblo Council was one big corporation and Kachina soon discovered than like any corporation, the PCC had its interest in mind before its people. During the Ute absorption in 2067, fight over land control force her unit to intervene. She found herself protecting the land she was born on and fighting for her own tribe. She was proud. Opposition would be no match if they were going for the fight.

A few shots were exchanged. Then Politicians stepped in. Within hours, orders were reversed and her unit was ordered to withdraw. Enemy Force was taking over, her unit forced to step back and her own Tribe's Shaman refused to be relocated and were ready to fight back. She tried to convince them to leave but to no avail. She had no choice: Disobey order or watch the last stand of her own people. A black eagle flew over the community. An omen? She rallied her unit, and convinced them to fight by her side and protect the community.

Her tribe's shamans summoned many spirits for the fight. But the enemy force were prepared. The battle ensued both in the physical and Astral Space. It was a massacre. The land burnt. Her people died. Fire Spirits were all over. She banished 4 of them that day. Exhausted, she was taken away on a helicopter. Suddenly the Black Eagle flew in, knocked her over, and as she fell to her death, saw the helicopter explode in flame as a rocket hit it.

Kachina still believes to this day she had mustered the last strength to cast a levitation spell on her and protect her from her fall. She awoke well after the fighting was over. Desolation was all that remained. Most in her tribe was dead. Most in her unit were dead. The ones that weren't would soon be sent to court martial. She had convinced them to fight, her alone.

She was left for dead. She disappeared. Little is known about what became of her during that time, outside of being stamped KIA. 

5 years later, Kachina was roaming the streets of Seattle. She had lost, she had been defeated, she was a SINless, and starting over was hard. But a storm still raged inside her. She had understood the Thunderbird had a different path He wanted her to take and she had the spirits on her side (well most; she had found out Fire Spirits weren't too keen of her), and she knew there was a demand for her skill set. She entered the Shadow

2075. 3 years into the shadows already, and she hasn't been as successful as she would have hope for. She was now Kachina Powaka. The Spirit Witch. She had kept her first name to always remember her past, but thought Powaka - Witch in Hopi dialect - was suited for her activity. Her craft was sought after, but one doesn't succeed alone in this field of criminals and often egocentric half-witted amateurs. She wanted her own team, one that would become a force to reckon in the Shadow; one that would make the Thunderbird proud.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #48 on: <08-28-14/2316:53> »
Hoi!

It appears that one of the players in this game suddenly disappeared, so we are recruiting again! =)

All the information about this game can be found in the first post (or somewhere in this thread). Here is the OOC topic and here is the IC topic.

If you are interested in joining this pbp, please post your character concepts here and please indicate your preferred SR style.

8-bit

« Reply #49 on: <08-29-14/0123:45> »
I'm interested, here's my character concept:

Handle: Ghost
Metatype, sex, age: Elf, Male, 19
Role: Combat - Kind of a cybered gunslinger
Brief concept/history: Ghost, or his real name, Julius was taken form his wageslave parents when he was about 15. He doesn't remember anything about his life before Aztechknowledgy took him under their wing to train him to be a killing machine in the war between Aztlan and Amazonia. He was given some training and then cybered up to make him "more effective". He was sent out to most likely die, but he exceeded all expectations, becoming an extremely talented sniper. However, this led to him being fairly alienated from his fellow comrades, and he pretty much stopped caring what others thought of him.

After the war, this did not help him fit in within Aztechknowledgy society, and his extreme prejudice against any type of magic probably did not help him. He was given a few choices, well, three really. Stay, change your ways and fit in. Stay, don't change, and be terminated as not useful. Or, go out there and do some of our dirty work in the shadows, but if you try to work against us, things won't go so well. You can imagine which choice Julius chose.

Appearance: 5' 11",  a very lithe build. Although he could be considered handsome, his complete lack of social graces or empathy for others makes him seem cold and somewhat alien. That may also be due to the massive amounts of cyberware that make him seem more and less metahuman. He has short brown hair, and his cybereyes are a (normal) green.

Expected Frequency of posting: At least once a day, possibly more depending on the amount of schoolwork I have.

-------------------------

Not sure what you mean by "preferred SR style". If you mean what role, then combat for sure.

Edit: I should clarify that my character isn't gonna randomly piss people off and he's not going to make working together as a team super difficult. He mostly has problems with magic and authority, his social graces are pretty much nonexistent, and he finds he works best when he's given an assignment. If he has to work with others to accomplish that assignment, it doesn't bother him. Also, he happens to like shadowrunning, as it reminds him of his time during the war when he had an objective and then was allowed to go about completing that objective. So, I doubt he'll be too much of a dick, considering he wants to remain on the good side of the Shadowrunning community. Just hope that no one finds out he's from Aztechknowledgy, people seem to get edgy when that name comes up.
« Last Edit: <08-29-14/0237:55> by 8-bit »

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #50 on: <09-01-14/0606:56> »
Hi all!
@GM, i'm interested in joining another PBP as a couple that i have been in have died out, freeing up some time to join another. I currently GM "The Old Smoke" on here and play in "From Russia With Love" so can post everyday.
Looks like you guys are a little light on the 'hands-on' social side so i'd be very keen to submit a face-type character for consideration as you've already got a demo expert/fighter.
I'll get a draft up and running and PM to you if that's alright?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #51 on: <09-04-14/0427:36> »
Face (Derren Smith) SR5

Derren grew up in Denver, realising his power to manipulate others
at fairly early age. It wasn't long before he began mis-using his abilities,
causing havok at school and into his college years.
His poor educational record kept him out of a decent line of work within the corps,
so it wasn't long before he ended up working the dive bars pulling cons and card games for a living.
Getting caught and having the shit kicked out of him by a not-too-happy Triad made him hop the border to Seattle,
and he started afresh there once his scars had healed up.
Better work came when he was spotted by Big John, he's worked as a runner with him now for a year.

-26 years old, around 6ft and average build.
-Dark Hair to shoulder length, facial scarring on left side, usually covered by hair.
-Likes playing pool, watching bike racing and rum + coke.
-Always had a talent for languages, the only thing he really enjoyed at school.
-Brought up in middle class family, he understands some of the finer things in life,
 enjoys good food and wine and knows where to get it. Equally at home in a dive bar talking shit with the boys.

Priorities:
A- Skills (46/10)
B- Attributes (20)
C- Magic (Adept, 4/R2 skill)
D- Resources (50k)
E- Human (1)

Karma use:
Starting (+25)
First Impression (-11)
Oracle: Mentor (-5)
20k Resources (-10)
Distinctive Style; Facial scar (+5)
SiNner; National (+5)
Gymnastics 1 (-2)
Contacts (7 points)
+0 net

BOD 3 (+2)
STR 3 (+2)
AGI 3 (+2)
REA 3 (+2)
CHA 6 (+5)         20/20
INT 4 (+3)
LOG 3 (+2)
WIL 3 (+2)

EDG 3 (+1)
ESS 6
MAG 4

Free:
Computer 2 (data search +2)

Groups:
Influence 5
Stealth 5              10/10

Individual:
Con 6 (fast talk +2)
Impersonation 2 (humans +2)               46/46
Perception 4
Pistols 6 (SA +2)
Intimidation 6
Tracking 4 (Urban +2)
Locksmith 5 (Maglock +2)
Pilot Air 1 (Remote op +2)
Clubs 1 (Batons +2)
Assensing 2 (Aura reading +2)

Commanding voice 3 (.75)
Facial Sculpt 1 (.25)
Combat Sense 2 (1)
Voice Control 2 (1)

Clothing, Armour + Weapons:
Berwick Suit                               2,600
(arm 9, -2 conceal, +1 Social limit +pool)
Ace of Coins                               2,100
(Arm 7, +3 social limit, +1 social tests)
Lined Coat; Chem resist 2 + non-conduct 2  1,900
(arm 9, -2 concealability)
Very smart clothing; elcectrochromatic     1,000
Smart Clothing                               250
Casual Clothing                              100

Fichetti Security 600                      1,050
(laser, stock)
 +Flashlight (top) 50
 +Silencer 500
 +Concealable holster 150

Defiance ex-shocker 250                      725
 +laser 125
 +hidden arm slide 350

Helmet 100 (arm +2)
 +microtransceiver 100
 +flashlight 25
 +image link 25                              250

Ares Victory; industrious                  1,100
(arm 9, +1DP to social in appr. corp)

11,075 spent

Hermes Ikon (DR5) 3,000
 +Hot sim 350
 +Sub vocal 50
 +Trodes 70
 +Epaper 5
 +Trid projector 200                   3,675

Sony Emperor (DR2) 700                   850
 +AR Gloves 150

Fake SiN R4 10,000
 +Fake Weapon License R4 800
 +Credstick (gold) 100                10,900

Fake SiN R2 5,000                      5,405
 +Fake Weapon License R2 400
 +Credstick (standard) 5

Middle Lifestyle (1 month) 5000        5,350
Squatter lifestyle (1 month) 350
 +dangerous -20%
 +cramped -10%

Monocle R4 480
 +Image Link 25
 +Low Light 500
 +Vision Mag 250
 +Vision enhance 1 500                 1,755

Earbuds R3 150                         1,150
 +Audio enhance 1 500
 +SSF 2 500

29,085 spent; 40,160 total
 +Morphing Plates 1,000                19,000
 Sensor Suite {R1}
 -Camera; Front /Thermo 500
 -Camera; Rear
 -Motion Sensor
 -LRF x2 (front/rear)
 -Atmosphere sensor
 -Ultrasound x2 (front/rear)

MCT-Fly Spy                             3,500
 Sensor suite {R3}
 -Camera; Low light 500/Vision Mag 250
 -Motion Sensor
 -Omni Mic; SSF 250
 -Laser Mic; SSF 250
 -Directional Mic; SSF 250
 -Olfactory
 -LRF
 -Ultrasound

22,500 spent; 62,660 total

Disguise kit 500
Lockmsith kit 500
Gecko tape gloves 250
Survival Kit 200

Handheld sensor array (R3) 300          1050
 +Directional Mic; SSF 1 250
 +Laser Mic; SSF 1 250
 +Camera; Vision Mag 250

Stun baton 750                           850
 +personalised grip 100

Streetline Special 120                   145
+Clip + 10 regular rounds 25

30 APDS rounds (light pistol)            365
 +1 clip (fichetti) 5

90 Regular rounds (light pistol)         195
 +3 clips (fichetti) 15
4055 spent; 66,715 total spend. 3285 remains.

English (N)
Cantonese 1 (speak/listen +2)
Japanese 1 (speak/listen +2)       14/14
Or'zet 1 (speak/listen +2)
Sperethiel 1 (speak/listen +2)
Fine Dining 2
Seattle area knowledge 2
Seattle crime syndicates 2

Fixer; 4,3 //Big John. Knows the city, Know the people. A hardy, solidly built ork
             He's known Derren for a few years, bringing him a bit closer than "just business"

Talismonger; 3,1 //Nbungu. A nigerian born talismonger, he runs a shop on the outskirts of the barrens.
                   Sells allsorts of weird junk but can infuse powerful tattoos from his workshop

Detective 3,4 //Det. Jameson. Irish lineage shows in his ginger hair and beard. Drinking buddy at local bar.
                Has had all sorts of mutual favours given and called in.

Journalist 4,3 //Enzo. Italian heritage shows in his dark features. Very sociable and likeable lad,
                 Suitably connected and appreciates a scoop.

Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

risoknop

• Newb
« Reply #52 on: <09-06-14/0851:08> »
Hi,

I would like to join if you're still recruiting.

I used to play a lot of Shadowrun few years ago but only with SR2 rules so I have to get used to SR5 rules. I'm reading the core book right now so hopefully I won't confuse SR2 rules with SR5 too much.

Once I finish reading the book I would go create a character. Any suggestions on archetype which would be a good fit in the current group?

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #53 on: <09-09-14/2018:33> »
Thank you all for expressing interest in the game and sorry it took me so long to reply.

As you can see, the expected posting speed is far from once a day =)

@8-bit
Preferred SR style = Pink Mohawk or Black Trenchcoat. (First link I found on the topic, looks like it explains the thing).

Could you please attach a character sheet?

@Csjarrat
Unfortunately, the group needs a character with at least more combat capabilities, ideally a dedicated combat expert, so your character doesn't fit, which is unfortunate as I would like to have you in the group. So, if you're maybe interested in coming up with another character...

@risoknop
The rules are very different, to the point that I'm not sure if it's possible to confuse them =))

The group needs a combat-heavy character.

8-bit

« Reply #54 on: <09-09-14/2028:16> »
Thank you all for expressing interest in the game and sorry it took me so long to reply.

As you can see, the expected posting speed is far from once a day =)

@8-bit
Preferred SR style = Pink Mohawk or Black Trenchcoat. (First link I found on the topic, looks like it explains the thing).

Could you please attach a character sheet?

@Csjarrat
Unfortunately, the group needs a character with at least more combat capabilities, ideally a dedicated combat expert, so your character doesn't fit, which is unfortunate as I would like to have you in the group. So, if you're maybe interested in coming up with another character...

@risoknop
The rules are very different, to the point that I'm not sure if it's possible to confuse them =))

The group needs a combat-heavy character.

No problems. I prefer Black Trenchcoat, although my character can do either. Considering he was a sniper/infiltrator in the war, he tends to go naturally to that, but he is kind of a demon in combat. Not to mention the shotgun w/ underbarrel grenade launcher for those times you just absolutely need to breach and clear while blowing everything up. Honestly, both modes of play are fun.

I am running this character in multiple groups, so don't be confused by the title on the document. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ko_jl1SOlh0fkpuYlLJJSnap5yQvFW6Bxs6NrHdul8A/edit?usp=sharing

As far as posting, it's fine if it isn't once a day. I understand real life gets in the way and that people are busy. As long as everyone in the group is having fun, I forsee no problems.

Edit: As far as you needing combat-heavy character, I don't think you'll have any issues when looking at mine.
« Last Edit: <09-09-14/2031:34> by 8-bit »

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #55 on: <09-10-14/1233:52> »
no problems, got a fighty adept i've been wanting to try out for quite a while. i'll get him on here for you shortly
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #56 on: <09-10-14/1247:07> »
Jag Patel.
Indian born male Elf, 34. Fled the war and corresponding economic crash with his relatively wealthy family at age 4 and grew up poor and marginalised as refugees. He was normalised as a citizen of UCAS at age 16, serving time in the UCAS military where he expressed as an Adept whilst under a live-fire exercise. His particular expression honed his mind when in combat, dealing with the stress of the fight preternaturally easily, almost enjoying it.
He is an excellent shot and after discharge worked as an instructor and has competed on the state level regularly as well as once on the national level.
He worked for a while on the private security circuit but an ill advised affair with a client's wife led to the ceasure of his employment and a permanent black mark against his name.
It wasn't long before bills needed to be paid and he found himself working for those he once used to work to prevent, barely scratching a living in a shithole apartment in the lower downtown slums.

Priorities:

A: Attribs
B: Adept (6, +R4 Skill)
C: Skills (28/2)
D: Elf (0)
E: Resources (6k)

Attribs:
BOD 5 (+4)            24/24
STR 5 (+4)
AGI 7 (+5)
REA{7}(+4)
CHA 4 (+1)
INT 4 (+3)
LOG 2 (+1)
WIL 3 (+2)

EDG 2 {+10 karma}
MAG 6
ESS 6

Qualities:
Catlike -7 (+2 sneaking)
Mentor Spirit: Thunderbird -5 (+2 Intimidation, crit strike)
Ambidextrous -4
Guts -10
Sinner: National (UCAS) +5
Allergy: Common,Mild (Seafood) +10
Addiction: Bad Rep +9
Net +3 karma
-sneaking{+2 qual}, disguise, palming

Individual:
Gymnastics R4 (free)
Automatics 6{9} (MP +2)              28/28
Clubs 2 (baton +2)
Intimidation 4 (physical +2) (+2MS)
Perception 5
Etiquette 1 (street +2)
Locksmith 3
Throwing Weapons 2
Pilot Ground 1

Improved Automatics R3 1.5
Enhanced Accuracy (automatics) .25
Enhanced Accuracy (clubs) .25     
Combat Sense R3 1.5   
-trodes 70
-subvocal mic 50
-Fake SiN R3 7500
-Fake Gun License R3 600
-Fake Vehicle License R3 600
-Gold credstik 100

Glasses R4 400
-Flare Comp 250
-Image link 25
-Vision Mag 250
-Vision enhance 1 500    1425

Earbuds R2 100
-Audio Enhance 1 500
-SSF 1 250                850
9920 total
-Gas vent 3 600
-Laser Sight 125            1575

Remington Supressor (MP) 700
-Concealable holster 150
-Gas vent 3 600
-Laser Sight 125            1575             7350
Extendable Baton             100

Lined Coat 900  (9)         1650
-Chem protect 3 750

Helmet 100  (+2)
-Respirator R6 300           400

FN HAR (AR)                 2050
(integral laser + GV2)
-Shock pad 50
-Imaging scope 300
-Bipod 200
7350 total
17270 so far
Toolkits: Disguise 500      1000
          Locksmith 500

Yamaha Growler              5000
Low Lifestyle (1 month)     1200
-Cramped
-Dangerous area                             

MP Ammo:                    1082
60 APDS (MP) 720
-x4 clips 20

60 Explosive (MP) 242
-x4 clips 20

60 Reg (MP) 120
-x4 clips 20                                 

AR Ammo:                     375
90 reg (AR) 180
30 tracer (AR) 180
-x3 clips 15
CS gas grenade                60
26,000 spent
Talislegger {3},2 (Gemini, tattoo artist)
Local Gang Knowledge 3
Bars + Clubs 2
Security Procedures 2
Sperethiel 1 (speak/listen +2)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #57 on: <09-10-14/1422:26> »
@Csjarrat

What's "Addiction: Bad Rep"?)

Edit:
Anyway, that's an insignificant hiccup, so you're in, Csjarrat =) Please post your character in the OOC thread, along with any ideas or wishes regarding the way your character enters the play.

@8-bit,
@risoknop,

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: <09-10-14/1431:29> by Elektrycerze3 »

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <09-10-14/1445:41> »
@csjarrat I like him. The fact both him and Kachina follow the same mentor spirit can give them a deeper connection.

It's going to be interesting.

@Elek, that mentor spirit connection can be the reason why Kachina is drown toward asking Jag to join her team.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #59 on: <09-10-14/1651:14> »
@Csjarrat

What's "Addiction: Bad Rep"?)

Edit:
Anyway, that's an insignificant hiccup, so you're in, Csjarrat =) Please post your character in the OOC thread, along with any ideas or wishes regarding the way your character enters the play.

@8-bit,
@risoknop,

Thank you for your time.
Ah apologies, forgot to explain that;
It's a placeholder for the bad rep quality as it doesn't currently exist. He's got a bit of a bad rep due to the rumours that his ex-employer banded about after his dismissal. They'd put the word out that he'd killed a kid; he was pissed on the job and missed the shot, hitting a bystander.
None of it is true of course, he'd just shagged the wrong woman. but truths are a lot less interesting than lies and it seems to have stuck.
If this isn't appropriate (its a 4th ed neg qual) i'll rethink and take something more generic.
thanks for the add to the team, i'll get reading and get something up soon
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor